Entertainment and nightlife reps submit petition for aid, reopening

Thaiger

At 10 o’clock this morning a rally of owners, staff, musicians and entertainment sector workers gathered at the House of Representatives to submit a petition for support after long-term Covid-19 closures or permission to reopen August 1. Dozens of representatives from the entertainment industry took part in the demonstration after 3 continuous months of shuttered businesses due to the pandemic with almost no financial assistance from the government. The demonstration and petition was organized by The Federation of Night Business Professionals and Entertainment Businesses of Thailand and was given support by the Music Club of Thailand, an association of tens […]

The post Entertainment and nightlife reps submit petition for aid, reopening appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It is deeply saddening to see how these people have been neglected by the authorities. And even more saddening that there will be no help forthcoming because the country is in the hands of fundamentalists who wish to see the consumption of alcohol and nightlife entertainment eliminated. So any tourists foolish enough to come to Phuket to enjoy a holiday will find nothing but a graveyard.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

In my opinion bars are some of the best places for disease transmission and incubation on all levels.  keeping them closed will help stop the spread of Covid

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, truth said:

In my opinion bars are some of the best places for disease transmission and incubation on all levels.  keeping them closed will help stop the spread of Covid

I have to agree, there! It only takes one infected person to enter a bar-full of people for possibly a bar-full of infected people to leave. I think we all remember that infamous Thai-boxing event at the Lumphini stadium 18-months ago, to be frighteningly aware of the dangers of company at close-quarters.

Hello, truth and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King Cotton said:

I have to agree, there! It only takes one infected person to enter a bar-full of people for possibly a bar-full of infected people to leave. I think we all remember that infamous Thai-boxing event at the Lumphini stadium 18-months ago, to be frighteningly aware of the dangers of company at close-quarters.

Hello, truth and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

I agree but just to lock down everything without any plan is not the way and shows incompetence in handling and that they think not one step further. On that way they will crash the country and are not capable to handle the covid crises. Their vaccine management is a big disaster and is the worst in the whole south east asia if you compare to the neighbouring countries.

• Like 2