Top 5 International Moving Companies in Thailand

Thaiger

Relocating to or from Thailand and need an international moving company? We’re here to help. Finding a reputable company to store and ship your precious cargo is essential. In addition, the company you choose should be reliable, efficient and professional. This is especially important to ensure your stuff arrives safely with no damage. To help in your search, we’ve compiled a list of the top 5 international movers in Thailand. Known for their popularity, these companies have a long history of relocating families and businesses. While some are global players in mobility, others are locally based. However, overall each of […]

The post Top 5 International Moving Companies in Thailand appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

On 7/1/2021 at 8:07 PM, Thaiger said:

Relocating to or from Thailand and need an international moving company? We’re here to help. Finding a reputable company to store and ship your precious cargo is essential. In addition, the company you choose should be reliable, efficient and professional. This is especially important to ensure your stuff arrives safely with no damage. To help in your search, we’ve compiled a list of the top 5 international movers in Thailand. Known for their popularity, these companies have a long history of relocating families and businesses. While some are global players in mobility, others are locally based. However, overall each of […]

The post Top 5 International Moving Companies in Thailand appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

On 7/1/2021 at 8:07 PM, Thaiger said:

Read the full story

My Thai wife and I are very interested in this posting.  Is there any chance you can also do a specific post about the best recommended moving companies from Australia?  Lets face it - most people looking at this issue are looking into the issues of potentially moving to Thailand in the future from their own country.  Whilst overall there are many good ones, from each specific country it will be different - both in abilities and experience.  I for one would like to know that the company is highly experienced in moving from my country to Thailand, and is not merely a 'front office facade' that 'outsource' my move to another moving company - as so many do. I would like to know about moving companies here, or with an office here, that can plan and organise and manage the whole thing end to end - happy to pay a little more for that too.  I found an Aust company that claimed to be 'international' but all they did was pass on the move to another company once they had taken everything from your house to them - and then once it was underway it was your job to 'find it' in Thai Customs.  I want the international mover experienced in Thailand who can help me get the gear through Thai customs and then on to where we want it delivered in Thailand. I can organise for blokes to come here and pack a truck and deliver it to the international company at the port - it is in Thailand that I want the capability and experience.

Hi @AussieBob,

I am not an Aussie, but did move my stuff from Belgium to Thailand and on hindsight I did got absolutely brilliant service at a very very reasonable price.  I 'only' needed to transport five square meter of stuff (which doesn't sound much but is quite impressive if you see it stacked before you - consisting of 75 boxes ranging from large-size mover-boxes for my books/dvds to larger objects like my flat-screen TV and book-cupboard).  So there was no need for me to hire a full container and so I paid for a partial container.  I did got 'door-to-door' service, with the specialized dutch company for Thai relocations, collecting the stuff at my house in Antwerpen, Belgium and even bubble-wrapping and securing the fragile objects (like my TV and paintings).  And it was delivered 3 months later at my door-step in KhunHan (650 km from Bangkok) with not one item missing or damaged.  And I was kept au courant re its whereabouts throughout the whole journey (Antwerpen - Rotterdam - Singapore - Bangkok harbour - KhunHan).  And all that for the equivalent of 65.000 THB (all-in).  I did receive quotations almost 4-fold of that price from 'professional' movers.

Now of course you won't be able to make use of that dutch Rotterdam-based firm, but there are a couple of tips that might come in handy when you decide on doing your move from Australia.

#1 - You have to fill-in an inventory list and indicating the approx value of the stuff you are sending.  This will determine the insurance fee (included in what I paid).  So I declared very low value for everything (although many items had great emotional value for me).  On hindsight that not only saved me money on the insurance, but it had the far greater benefit that my stuff was 'not hold up' by Thai customs, and I didn't had to go to Bangkok for customs clearance.

#2 - In mean time I read many accounts of people moving their stuff to Thailand, and having to pay heavy customs clearance.  So I would surely discuss this issue with the mover company you will be using.  It seems that the company I used knew the ropes and thus avoided that whole customs import issue.

#3 - As I collected many (+80) beautiful buddha figurines and objects (ranging from 5 cm to 1.2 meter) during my Thailand travels and I wanted to take these with me, I packed them in my clothes and put them in the boxes.  And I did not declare these on the inventory, after all they were just 'returning home' - haha. 

>> Anyway, I wish you success with your upcoming move to Thailand.

And for dutch, Belgian or German BeNeLux bordering nationals > just PM me if you want the details of that Rotterdam based mover company I used.

C

4 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Hi @AussieBob,

I am not an Aussie, but did move my stuff from Belgium to Thailand and on hindsight I did got absolutely brilliant service at a very very reasonable price.  I 'only' needed to transport five square meter of stuff (which doesn't sound much but is quite impressive if you see it stacked before you - consisting of 75 boxes ranging from large-size mover-boxes for my books/dvds to larger objects like my flat-screen TV and book-cupboard).  So there was no need for me to hire a full container and so I paid for a partial container.  I did got 'door-to-door' service, with the specialized dutch company for Thai relocations, collecting the stuff at my house in Antwerpen, Belgium and even bubble-wrapping and securing the fragile objects (like my TV and paintings).  And it was delivered 3 months later at my door-step in KhunHan (650 km from Bangkok) with not one item missing or damaged.  And I was kept au courant re its whereabouts throughout the whole journey (Antwerpen - Rotterdam - Singapore - Bangkok harbour - KhunHan).  And all that for the equivalent of 65.000 THB (all-in).  I did receive quotations almost 4-fold of that price from 'professional' movers.

Now of course you won't be able to make use of that dutch Rotterdam-based firm, but there are a couple of tips that might come in handy when you decide on doing your move from Australia.

#1 - You have to fill-in an inventory list and indicating the approx value of the stuff you are sending.  This will determine the insurance fee (included in what I paid).  So I declared very low value for everything (although many items had great emotional value for me).  On hindsight that not only saved me money on the insurance, but it had the far greater benefit that my stuff was 'not hold up' by Thai customs, and I didn't had to go to Bangkok for customs clearance.

#2 - In mean time I read many accounts of people moving their stuff to Thailand, and having to pay heavy customs clearance.  So I would surely discuss this issue with the mover company you will be using.  It seems that the company I used knew the ropes and thus avoided that whole customs import issue.

#3 - As I collected many (+80) beautiful buddha figurines and objects (ranging from 5 cm to 1.2 meter) during my Thailand travels and I wanted to take these with me, I packed them in my clothes and put them in the boxes.  And I did not declare these on the inventory, after all they were just 'returning home' - haha. 

>> Anyway, I wish you success with your upcoming move to Thailand.

And for dutch, Belgian or German BeNeLux bordering nationals > just PM me if you want the details of that Rotterdam based mover company I used.

Cheers mate - much appreciated.  That is exactly the kind of service I am seeking.  I have a friend in Sweden who is moving there too and he has found a company there that does it all - it might even be the same one. 

• 2 years later...

Hi: I had Eagle movers pack up my things from Thailand to ship to Malaysia. I paid in advance and now cannot contact them. Does anyone know if they are still around.

Thanks

Thomas