Thursday Covid Update: Cases and deaths spike amid Phuket reopening

Thaiger

Just as Phuket is reopening to foreign tourists, Thailand’s current and most severe wave has hit a high of 52,052 active Covid-19 cases, according to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration. The daily death toll has set a record high with 57 coronavirus-related fatalities today, raising the total Covid fatality count since the start of the pandemic to 2,080. 5,533 new Covid-19 cases were reported today, an increase over the past few weeks. Since the start of the pandemic last year, the CCSA has reported 264,834 Covid-19 cases. The latest and most severe wave of Covid-19 in Thailand has accounted […]

The post Thursday Covid Update: Cases and deaths spike amid Phuket reopening appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"In Phuket, 70% of the population on the island province have received their at least one dose of the vaccine while 56% have received both doses"

No matter now i try to solve this equation, i just can't. Do we have an expert or top mathematician Thai here, please?

The percentage of vaccinated people is far above the world average!  Second doses will follow suit and i encourage each and every Thai to avail of the vaccines presented to them of the same vaccine. To the Thais of Phuket, please use this concentration of vaccines to your benefit. I long for the day when I can come again to Phuket and support you! 

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

The percentage of vaccinated people is far above the world average!  Second doses will follow suit and i encourage each and every Thai to avail of the vaccines presented to them of the same vaccine. To the Thais of Phuket, please use this concentration of vaccines to your benefit. I long for the day when I can come again to Phuket and support you! 

I haven't the time to debate the matter but, as of 29 June, (from Our World in Data)

Thai fully vaccinated stood at 4% as opposed to the

Worldwide figure of 10.9%

• Like 1

Big mistake opening up Phuket like this. Quarantine without advance notice, don't give anyone a chance to flee. I quarantined and lived through it, 7 days is good, 14 days excessive. The PM is a joke when it comes to Covid response. Put up the money vaccinate your citizens! A general should not be running a country, they are brain dead and rely on subordinates

• Like 1

It's obvious, building works closed move back home,in khon kaen where numbers were low now reached the 40 mark since people have returned, the large mall in khon kaen  have just opened a large temporary coffee market where hundreds of people are mingling 

You coudnt make it up

• Like 1

Get people vaccinated, get a move on,close shopping malls for a few weeks,the restaurants in the mall in khon kaen are packed close them for a few weeks otherwise rates will keep going up 

• Like 2

Would like to see today's numbers, don't expect any good. Someone please make a table of tourists numbers, number of infections and number of deaths. Good illustrations what Thai people are paying for.

• Like 2