Thailand to import 5 million Moderna vaccine doses for private hospitals

Thaiger

5 million doses of the US-made Moderna Covid-19 vaccine will be imported to Thailand at the end of 2021 and the beginning of 2022 to be administered by private hospitals. A set price of 3,400 baht for a package of the 2-dose vaccine, including service fees and insurance, was agreed on by the Private Hospitals Association. The first 3.9 million doses of the vaccine will be delivered by the fourth quarter of the year while the next 1.1 million doses will be delivered in the first quarter of 2022, according to Thailand’s Government Pharmaceutical Organisation, which procured the vaccines for […]

The post Thailand to import 5 million Moderna vaccine doses for private hospitals appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Is it possible to speed up these deliveries ?  October is 3 months away. What is the barrier to faster delivery and can it be fixed?

Just now, 123 said:

Is it possible to speed up these deliveries ?  October is 3 months away. What is the barrier to faster delivery and can it be fixed?

America. No.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MarcPaul said:

Too much too little too late.  Where is national leadership?

Fair question!

Hello, MarcPaul and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

There is a strong demand for these three “American” vaccines.  Given the long delay, why take the risk of not having enough… we are talking about saving lives now.   Think big and don’t worry about the cost !  Order 66 million more doses today.

Thailand took far too long to place orders - while they worked out the details for them to become the manufacturing location for supply to SEAsia of the AZ vaccine.  Great for business in the long run, but bad for the population.  There is a huge demand for doeses worldwide - Australia and Thailand are both running at about 3.5% vaccinated.  

What this pandemic has proven is that politicians in all countries are incompetent idiots, and the media are mostly lying sensationalistic aho****s.  This is going to take years - at some point a 'new normal' will have to be accepted.  Life is returning to normal in USA and UK (slowly) but they are still experiencing daily covid deaths - 200+ in USA. At some point we will all have to accept that it is impossible to stop all covid deaths, or driving deaths, or influenza deaths, etc etc. 

• Like 1

Price very fair, but so damn slowly that means I have till the end of the year to get sick with my diabetics great... slowly they are

Money talks and you know what walks.  It is false economy to not pay whatever it takes. This could be done with a massive campaign.

13 hours ago, Slugger said:

America. No.

Ummmmm... No. The distribution pipeline is full and everything before late 3rd/early 4th Q is spoken for. Moderna is expanding its manufacturing to an additional plant in the EU but for now there is only the one plant operating in the US. There's also the matter of the destination having ultra-cold transport and storage capabilities which is  going to take some time.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Thailand took far too long to place orders - while they worked out the details for them to become the manufacturing location for supply to SEAsia of the AZ vaccine.  Great for "someone's" business in the long run, but bad for the population. 

The Thai government failed simply because they wanted the "elephant in the room" to become the "savior" of the Thai people by being the one to supply them with their much needed vaccination against the terrible disease that was running rampant in the world.

They put all their eggs into one basket, and when that basket proved itself to be ineptly woven, they were stuck accepting their overlord's offer of crap vaccines...because anyone even remotely educated about viruses knows they mutate, and your initial offering is only good for the initial variation.

The incompetence of the Prayut government in providing for the safety and the well-being of the Thai people (not to mention the rest of us) has never been more manifest than it is right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why to private hospitals,why not public hospitals where the population can get a free jab,in Europe jabs are free ,in the UK nearly 60 million jabbed and counting all free ,there are hubs set up everywhere for convenience of population 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

The Thai government failed simply because they wanted the "elephant in the room" to become the "savior" of the Thai people by being the one to supply them with their much needed vaccination against the terrible disease that was running rampant in the world.

They put all their eggs into one basket, and when that basket proved itself to be ineptly woven, they were stuck accepting their overlord's offer of crap vaccines...because anyone even remotely educated about viruses knows they mutate, and your initial offering is only good for the initial variation.

The incompetence of the Prayut government in providing for the safety and the well-being of the Thai people (not to mention the rest of us) has never been more manifest than it is right now.

Well said.  I just cannot see how Prayut or his Party can possibly win the next election - they are completely exposed now. In the past, whenever there was a military coup (for whatever reason), the Military got in and did what they did and then got out. They knew that they are military and cannot run a country - people in real life are not like soldiers on a base - they are untrained, illogical and will not follow commands.  I can see both Thailand and Myanmar being without military Governments next year - unless of course those 'overlords' you mention step in and support them. But do the people of Thailand and Myanmar want to become like those in Nth Korea? Or do they want to remain like those in Sth Korea?? Big issues for another time - but that time is coming. 

• Like 1

As per prior article I paid 3,800 at Thainakarin with a delivery of Oct-Dec.. So will have to wait and see on the first 3.9m 4th qtr delivery timeframe.. 

Plus I will need to ask the wife about the 'service and insurance' charges being included??? Not what she told me :(

yeah, i got Line message today with request to pay 1200 baht for the first shot, no date, no nothing. Sorry, i am not paying for something you don't have and may not have. Got my first AZ jab anyways, it was a plan B

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, Abertillery said:

Why to private hospitals,why not public hospitals where the population can get a free jab,in Europe jabs are free ,in the UK nearly 60 million jabbed and counting all free ,there are hubs set up everywhere for convenience of population 

You said it: "Free". Private hospitals, which in Thailand are typically very nice, have lost the vast majority of their medical tourists. Allowing them to stick it to a wealthy class, to which ฿3,800 is usually called "lunch", gives them some revenue that they are currently watching go overseas.

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

Well said.  I just cannot see how Prayut or his Party can possibly win the next election - they are completely exposed now.

The same way they always do, make the opposition team an illegal organization, force them to disband and remain out of politics for 5 years, use a jury-rigged constitution that negates the democratic vote.

It's the blueprint they never waiver from.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

The same way they always do, make the opposition team an illegal organization, force them to disband and remain out of politics for 5 years, use a jury-rigged constitution that negates the democratic vote.

It's the blueprint they never waiver from.

True.  But last time round they had the support of a lot of very influential and powerful people. Next time I cannot see them having that much support. I can also see certain people in exile looking to make a 'comeback'. Who knows - maybe they will just suppress everything and everyone - like their overlords did. But I think that maybe there is one certain family that will see the downside in that approach and will actually do something for the Thai people. But maybe I am just a hopeful dreamer.  

• Like 1

just in on my email.. all controlled by GPO! And a different price!

MedPark Hospital is accepting registration for alternative vaccine MODERNA (mRNA Technology) for 3,300 THB (2 doses), available for anyone aged 18 and above.

Details, registration, and payment available here: https://medpark.hospital/Moderna

The expected arrival date of the vaccine is approximately at end of October 2021 - 31 March 2022, as allocated by GPO.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 123 said:

I’m assuming they have to be transported via cold storage. Maybe by boat? If it’s like my IRS tax returns three months is average time via surface

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ozvenision said:

just in on my email.. all controlled by GPO! And a different price!

MedPark Hospital is accepting registration for alternative vaccine MODERNA (mRNA Technology) for 3,300 THB (2 doses), available for anyone aged 18 and above.

Details, registration, and payment available here: https://medpark.hospital/Moderna

The expected arrival date of the vaccine is approximately at end of October 2021 - 31 March 2022, as allocated by GPO.

i have a Boston Bridge for sale

• Haha 2