New details in the Phuket Sandbox Royal Gazette publication

Thaiger

By now we’ve all read (and re-read and re-read) the general rules of the Phuket Sandbox reopening tomorrow. If you haven’t, one of our numerous previous stories has the full text in English released by Phuket’s governor. But with the Royal Gazette finally publishing the reopening, making it legal and 100% approved just 1 day before the opening, a few details and tidbits were made more clear. An important grey area lacking clarity is that plans stated children under 6 can travel with vaccinated guardians, but what about kids between 6 and 18 who may not be eligible for vaccination? […]

The post New details in the Phuket Sandbox Royal Gazette publication appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This reminds me of an old IT adage about failing to put things together in detail before turning a system on.  Basically it warned against 'taking off ' an aeroplane that was only partly built, just because it was time to take off - although it may 'fly' there is no guarantee there is enough juice in the tanks, and it will be impossible to get back down without the landing gear and other essential items installed and tested.  The key person is not the Solution Architect who designed it - it is the Project Manager who is responsible to make it work.  Clearly the Thailand Government is full of System Architects and there are not enough Project Managers.  I sure hope this Phuket Sandbox gets off the ground, but more importantly that it travels safely and can land when required - the Thai people on Phuket desperately need things to work out.   

• Like 5

All of this doesnt sound like holiday. i wonder if any normal human/person is willing to do this big sh.. for his/her holiday. any country in europe is opening their borders with much less and easier restrictions. i pray for the poor thai people who have nothing to eat and no place to sleep right now because of the stupid ideas of their goverment.

• Like 4

I have been scratching my head and trying to figure out why you would go to a sandbox for a vacation. Now that it is official, I went into overdrive and with tenacity and wasted time i could not find a reason. After some effort (not much really) I found the below listed website. the link is there for the ambitious but a copy of the S words is printed. I cannot find "sandbox" with that being the case I believe this might be another reason for failure . Then again with the entertain venues closed and kids under 6 can arrive without tests and vaccinations this may have been the real market from the beginning One kindergarten teacher and class of many

https://myvocabulary.com/word-list/vacations-vocabulary/

VACATIONS VOCABULARY WORD LIST (592)

Sabbatical, Safari, Safety, Sailing, Sanctuary, Sand, Satisfying, Scene, Scenic, Schedule, Season, Secluded, Security, Selection, Service, Setting, Sharing, Shindig, Ship, Shopping, Shore, Shorts, Shows, Shrieking, Shrine, Side trip, Sidewalk, Sightseeing, Sleeping, Smiles, Snorkeling, Solemn, Soothing, Souvenir, Spa, Spacious, Sparkle, Special, Spectacle, Spectator, Spirit, Sports, Stars, Steward, Stewardess, Storyteller, Streamers, Stroll, Stunning, Sublime, Successful, Suitcase, Summer, Sunburn, Sunscreen, Sunshine, Super-patriot, Support, Surfing, Surprise, Surroundings, Swelter, Swimming, Symbol, Symbolism

Edited by triplebogey
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

By now we’ve all read (and re-read and re-read) the general rules of the Phuket Sandbox reopening tomorrow. If you haven’t, one of our numerous previous stories has the full text in English released by Phuket’s governor. But with the Royal Gazette finally publishing the reopening, making it legal and 100% approved just 1 day before the opening, a few details and tidbits were made more clear. An important grey area lacking clarity is that plans stated children under 6 can travel with vaccinated guardians, but what about kids between 6 and 18 who may not be eligible for vaccination? […]

The post New details in the Phuket Sandbox Royal Gazette publication appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I’m rooting for tremendous success and safety with the Phuket sandbox re-opening scheme!  Putting all of the numerous problems and glitches aside (and plenty of those abound), the authorities actually managed to get it done and to meet the July 1 deadline!  I’m really surprised by this and honestly thought that it wouldn’t happen.  Every tourist Baht counts in this Pandemic ridden, catastrophic  Thai tourism economy.  I’m praying for economic relief and for success for the Thai people.  Yes...it will be extremely slow at first.  It’s a start and they managed to get it done.

• Like 2

I have just checked the arrival board for 1st July arrivals, at Phuket International Airport.

I used Flight Radar 24.

The first three flights of the day are all from India!

I understand that travel from India to Thailand is not permitted.

The flights are as follows:

07.05  flight from Deli flight no: G873

07.25  flight from Mumbai flight no: G821

07.40 flight from Bangaluru flight G841

Unbelievable, you couldn't  make it up!

• Like 1

I am very surprised they won't charged for oxygen consumption when you are outside hotel during litterbox. The trst should be included in the already outrageous SHA+ hotel prices.I

I understand that this program fits for expats reunite with family, nothing else.

Can't consider as a vacation option.

TIm always mention about empty beaches as we never saw Thailand before, if you want that, go to Maldives.

it's depressing to see Thailand without life. That is just me opinion.

• Like 3

I still do not understand, all these tourists where they can find the desire to go with all the rules that must be followed not to mention the risks to which you are exposed !!!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, BIGGLES said:

I have just checked the arrival board for 1st July arrivals, at Phuket International Airport.

I used Flight Radar 24.

This is really surprising.  I can’t wait to see what actually happens tomorrow.  Your report is extremely interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BIGGLES said:

My guess is that these are the 1,500 being ferried in for the festivities... (Or maybe some repatriation flights to get some business into the hotels.)

• Like 1

so is 6pm arrival at airport or hotel.  or the time you pass thru immigration.  it's good all the rules are so clearly spelled out.  not that many would go even if they were..

Officially cancelled almost $5,000 worth of hotel reservations for Phuket, Huan Hin, and Bangkok (I was planning on staying a month).  When I cancelled, I received a message that essentially said that my refunds would be delayed due to the high number of cancellations for Thailand.

I don't think this is going to work out as well for Thailand as they think it is.

3 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

Worrying.

Equally if not more worrying is that although arriving tourists have to have spent the previous 21 days in the low or medium risk country they're flying from, according to the source report "residents of the Kingdom" don't so Thai returnees and Permanent Residents coming from high risk countries can apparently just transit through a low risk country before flying to Phuket.

If so, what could possibly go wrong, with them on the same flight?

Edit:  Re-read it. This is what it says, which seems clear:

"The traveller must stay in the said country for at least 21 days before departure, except for those who reside in the Kingdom who have left the Kingdom and have traveled to the above approved countries/regions."

Edited by Stonker
Addition as shown
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HRPuckinfutz said:

Officially cancelled almost $5,000 worth of hotel reservations for Phuket, Huan Hin, and Bangkok (I was planning on staying a month).  When I cancelled, I received a message that essentially said that my refunds would be delayed due to the high number of cancellations for Thailand.

I don't think this is going to work out as well for Thailand as they think it is.

I'm on the 3rd day of waiting for my COE to be RE-APPROVED and still no COE.  I'm mere hours from cancelling my 6 weeks in Thailand and requesting refunds of the thousands I have paid. 

With that said, I've already sent in my request to travel to an island in the Caribbean and according to their health/vaccination website they are operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to approve visas.  I have a feeling the people in Thailand are doing their typical 8 hour day in the office approving the sandbox COE requests. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fabio said:

I am very surprised they won't charged for oxygen consumption when you are outside hotel during litterbox. The trst should be included in the already outrageous SHA+ hotel prices.I

I understand that this program fits for expats reunite with family, nothing else.

Can't consider as a vacation option.

TIm always mention about empty beaches as we never saw Thailand before, if you want that, go to Maldives.

it's depressing to see Thailand without life. That is just me opinion.

And the opinion of countless others, too!

Hello, Fabio and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

9 hours ago, Gigi said:

I still do not understand, all these tourists where they can find the desire to go with all the rules that must be followed not to mention the risks to which you are exposed !!!

The view of countless thousands of others, too, I'm sure!

Hello, Gigi and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

7 hours ago, Ukcarer said:

Where do we purchase the covid tests that we need to do in Thailand. Do we pay the hotel upfront for these tests or what?

You pay the hotel up front - they organise. I believe about 3000 baht for each one (3).

10 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

I used Flight Radar 24.

Thankfully, yes, we cannot travel from India to Thailand as of now (all the direct flights from India to Phuket were suspended quite a while back). Else I would have also been  part of the gang raving and ranting about how tough it is to get to Phuket and what a bunch of clowns they are for making it so tough for international tourists to get into Phuket.

Their country, I guess we shouldn't grudge their rules.  I can't even say I'll go elsewhere because right now there is pretty much nowhere we can go from India.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Thankfully, yes, we cannot travel from India to Thailand as of now (all the direct flights from India to Phuket were suspended quite a while back). Else I would have also been  part of the gang raving and ranting about how tough it is to get to Phuket and what a bunch of clowns they are for making it so tough for international tourists to get into Phuket.

Their country, I guess we shouldn't grudge their rules.  I can't even say I'll go elsewhere because right now there is pretty much nowhere we can go from India.

Same here in Aust - they have locked us all inside so we dont bring covid back with us. Until vaccinations reach 70-80% they will probably not ease that restriction. We are at about 3.5% right now - gonna be a while.