About 300 seats sold on Jul 1 Phuket flights, 500 COEs approved

Thaiger

11 hours ago, Stonker said:

If you dislike Thais and Thai ways so much that it affects your holiday that badly, as it evidently does regardless of lockdown restrictions and Covid precautions, then there's a simple solution: go elsewhere.

It’s always disappointing to see such attitudes on what is supposed to be a comments an opinions forum. All that was being said is that it’s wrong and should change. To respond by saying if you don’t like it then go elsewhere is unreasonable. Where does that stop? If you don’t think drink driving is right then should you just not do it yourself but accept others do? 

3 hours ago, Tjampman said:

But I think part of the problem is that Thailand originally talked about these 7 days, inviting a lot of people to go to mainland thailand easier than through quarantine which of course disappointed a lot of people who weren't interested in going to Phuket.

That's me. I was seriously considering coming in August, even blocked out three weeks of vacation time. While I'm not a fan of Phuket, it was doable at only 7 days. However at 14 the math just didn't work so I switch the trip to September and Europe instead. I'll try so set up a trip to Thailand in late December now. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 321BOOM said:

Agree with all of your 3 posts. Thats what LOScam is about. Fake smiles targeting foreigners wallets. Ripp off 1st world pricing for 5th world service. Terrible people. A place to avoid.

I find it very interesting that a significant % of posters spend a significant amount of time throwing a significant amount of shade on Thailand, the Thai Gov't *and* the Thai people on a forum *dedicated* to Thailand. I'd suggest your time would be better spent emailing the customer service departments of large retailers in your respective home countries. You'd at least end up with some discount coupons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Soidog said:

It’s always disappointing to see such attitudes on what is supposed to be a comments an opinions forum. All that was being said is that it’s wrong and should change. To respond by saying if you don’t like it then go elsewhere is unreasonable. Where does that stop? If you don’t think drink driving is right then should you just not do it yourself but accept others do? 

Attitudes belong on an opinions forum. They kind of go hand in hand.

I think the analogy you're looking for is 'If you don't like drink driving then don't go to a place full of drink drivers', in which case, absolutely. Why on Earth would you immerse yourself in a culture you didn't like? Go somewhere else.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

5 hours ago, Das said:

Attitudes belong on an opinions forum. They kind of go hand in hand.

I think the analogy you're looking for is 'If you don't like drink driving then don't go to a place full of drink drivers', in which case, absolutely. Why on Earth would you immerse yourself in a culture you didn't like? Go somewhere else.

No, my analogy was correct and I wasn’t looking for an alternative one thank you. If something is wrong, no matter where in the world it is, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with calling it out. To be told to shut up and go away somewhere else is unacceptable. Why not debate the problem rather than ignore the problem. I guess that takes intellect and effort. Easier to introduce a diversionary tactic and say go elsewhere. 

10 hours ago, Soidog said:

No, my analogy was correct and I wasn’t looking for an alternative one thank you. If something is wrong, no matter where in the world it is, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with calling it out. To be told to shut up and go away somewhere else is unacceptable. Why not debate the problem rather than ignore the problem. I guess that takes intellect and effort. Easier to introduce a diversionary tactic and say go elsewhere. 

...and once again I'm shown there is little point discussing anything on the Internet.

11 minutes ago, Das said:

...and once again I'm shown there is little point discussing anything on the Internet.

Das, why do you say that? I’m more than happy to have a fair minded and reasonable discussion on anything I say. I’m not the holder of all facts and truths and I’m prepared to have my opinions changed by fair discussion and data. I posted a curt remark as your reply tried to twist my words. 

I simply supported the right of other members to post negative comments without being told if you don’t like Thailand then go elsewhere or don’t come. I love Thailand and have been travelling and living there for over 25 years. There is much I love and adore about the people and the country. I also feel that about my country of birth and the five other countries I have lived and worked in. But I also find many things that need improving and from time to time like to have sensible and fair minded discussions without the slap down comments of - If you don’t like it don’t go.  

Please try to accept that highlighting an issue that is not a glowing endorsement is not a bad thing. We may all learn something by looking at what others have to say. 

• Like 1