News Forum - Best areas to live in Phuket (2022)

Thaiger

Not sure where to live in Phuket? Finding the best area to live and stay in Phuket isn’t always an easy feat. As the largest island in Thailand, there’s an overwhelming range of options when deciding where to live. There are sun-soaked beaches, misty hilltops, quiet villages, and a historic town with old-colonial houses. There’s also raging nightlife for party animals, amenities for kids, and everything in between. So, if you’re not sure where to live on the island, take a look at our list of all the best areas that you’d want to consider. 1. Bang Tao Bang Tao […]

The story Best areas to live in Phuket (2022) as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Bang Tao Laguna development is the best development in Phuket, but I don't find Bang Tao all that appealing because it is mostly based off the one busy main road..........

Kamala is my preferred area in Phuket, I feel it has the best village feel as well as the best beach scene, in terms of bars/restaurants on the beach. Although I don't find Kamala the prettiest area

I do like Kata/Karon and Rawai as well

Another underrated area is around Tri Trang beach, just outside Patong, very relaxing and easy to dip into Patong for dinner, etc

There is one great area, a road between Kamala and Kalim on the water/cliff that would be perfect to live, but the villas up there go in the millions of dollars.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Kamala is my preferred area in Phuket, I feel it has the best village feel as well as the best beach scene, in terms of bars/restaurants on the beach. Although I don't find Kamala the prettiest area

I went to Phuket on business in 2000 and 2001 and then on an extended stay in 2006 (based in Phuket Town). 
Kamala was my favorite area as well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BigHewer said:

I went to Phuket on business in 2000 and 2001 and then on an extended stay in 2006 (based in Phuket Town). 
Kamala was my favorite area as well.

This was my spot every day for Happy Hour, 50 baht beers

Then moved on to fancier digs at night, all on the beach

20220519_175734.jpg

20220519_183904.jpg

Edited by KaptainRob
Excessive photos - read the FG's please
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Marc26 said:

This was my spot every day for Happy Hour, 50 baht beers

Then moved on to fancier digs at night, all on the beach

20220519_175734.jpg

20220519_183904.jpg

I just hate it when life is hard and ugly. How did you bear it? 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Bang Tao Laguna development is the best development in Phuket, but I don't find Bang Tao all that appealing because it is mostly based off the one busy main road..........

I do like Kata/Karon and Rawai as well

Another underrated area is around Tri Trang beach, just outside Patong, very relaxing and easy to dip into Patong for dinner, etc

There is one great area, a road between Kamala and Kalim on the water/cliff that would be perfect to live, but the villas up there go in the millions of dollars.

We currently live in an apartment block 300 metres from bangtao beach,  its not pleasant as the surround area is very dirty and we've had constant building work on the apartments ever since we moved in! OK if you're an owner, you benefit,  but for us renters with a contract, not so much!

2 hours ago, Mandy said:

We currently live in an apartment block 300 metres from bangtao beach,  its not pleasant as the surround area is very dirty and we've had constant building work on the apartments ever since we moved in! OK if you're an owner, you benefit,  but for us renters with a contract, not so much!

Where is that in terms of say the Dusit Thani in Laguna

When renting I always try and see if there is potential building/construction that may take place soon

Nothing worse than living next to a construction site!

But in general, I find Bang Tao congested 

On 8/17/2022 at 6:28 AM, Mohandas said:

Laem Phrao.

Believe it or not, I have been coming to Phuket for almost 20 years and never ventured to that side

Going to do a big scooter ride on the East Coast one day in January