News Forum - Thailand ranks as fourth most popular destination among Chinese travellers

Thaiger

Chinese tourists are finally returning to Thailand. International flights out of China have increased 200% this month compared with the same period last month. Out of those flights, Thailand is the fourth most flown-to destination by mainland Chinese tourists, according to the Variflight civil aviation data service. South Korea came in first place, Japan came in second and the United States came in fourth. After Thailand, France is the fifth most popular destination for Chinese travellers. The data was published in the Chinese media outlet The Global Times, according to a spokesperson for the Thai Government Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana. Before the […]

The story Thailand ranks as fourth most popular destination among Chinese travellers as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

International arrivals in Thailand by land, sea, and air hit 1.05 million last month, an 118% increase from a monthly average of 482,719 arrivals per month from January until June. 

?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

?

This is what they did:

100 * (1050000 - 482719) / 482719 = 100 * 1.175... = 118%

I don't know what possesses people to publish percentages like that. Is it reason to despair about the fate of humankind or is it to be taken as a promising step towards growing up? I haven't decided yet.

Edited by Chatogaster
sloppy typing
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Chatogaster said:

This is what they did:

100 * (1050000 - 482719) / 482719 = 100 * 1.175... = 118%

I don't know what possesses people to publish percentages like that. Is it reason to despair about the fate of humankind or is it to be taken as a promising step towards growing up? I haven't decided yet.

What is wrong with stating it is 118% increase, it is

Simplified math......

482,719 x 2(which is a 100% increase)=965,438 (100%)

Remaining 84,562/482,719=18%

Am I missing something here?

The Chinese still face a week of quarantine on the way home, 3 days of home isolation, and you really, really don't want to test positive. And the minor issue that travels for non-essential reasons outbound is still banned (ie. Tourism).

Says a lot about the reality if Japan is number 2.

That would be the country that has a tourist visa ban outside a very tedious and lengthy organised tour/business visitor process and only 1,500 leisure visitors arrived last month in total, never mind from China.

But heck, the article quoted a noodle street vendor as a source, so sounds like legit quality Thaiger reporting.