News Forum - Thai doctor slaps a 3 year old for swearing & refuses to treat him

Thaiger

The family of a three year old boy filed a complaint to the police after a male doctor slapped the child in the face and refused to give him treatment. The doctor said he refused to treat the boy because he had insulted him. The child’s 24 year old mother, Sutharat, shared the story on the Facebook page Let Me Know If You Want to Be Famous Return Part 3 (อยากดังเดี๋ยวจัดให้ รีเทริน์ part 3) yesterday. Sutharat said she took her three year old child to a hospital in the Kam Paeng Saen district in the central province of Nakhon Pathom […]

The story Thai doctor slaps a 3 year old for swearing & refuses to treat him as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

42 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The doctor added that he chased the family away because the area around him was still dangerous for others. He also said he had reported the incident to his superior.

Quoting just that one paragraph, but each of the 15 paragraphs is funny (the way the story unfolded gave a lot of Fawlty Towers vibes). Is the superior named Sybil by any chance?

Let this be a warning to all,  especially children and farangs like. Uself.  If a Thai per3feels insulted they stop helping or even doing their job.  I seen it happen with a secretary of a Thai university,  thus missing a 2 million dollar grand because the paperwork was not processed as was one of her tasks. 

The man says he has been a physician for 25 years. Time to retire if he is incapable of controlling basic emotions. Anyone who handles children's healthcare is well aware of  what can and does happen. Swearing, biting, vomiting etc. This is how most children respond under stress or pain. I have a bad feeling this man may shake or smack children who cry or soil themselves too.

2 hours ago, palooka said:

3 year old and a potty mouth, no hope for this kid.

Should have slapped the mother.

Did you think before you write that? 3 year old only mimics what adults say. Why slap the mother? When you embarrass those around you, should people slap your attendant/caregiver about?

• Like 3

bad precedent, a three old kid speaks abusive language ? shame on the family bringing up.

a matured doctor, treating an kid, so impatient and slap a kid of 3 years old, shame on the doctor.

he even says that he did for his child too, that is great that it is accepted his kid too is abusive !

basically system is grossly going bad.

14 hours ago, Vigo said:

Did you think before you write that? 3 year old only mimics what adults say. Why slap the mother?

Probably because the mother is allowing this child to run a potty mouth and is possibly the one teaching this child those words. In either case she is unfit to raise this child.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, palooka said:

Probably because the mother is allowing this child to run a potty mouth and is possibly the one teaching this child those words. In either case she is unfit to raise this child.

If you think that excuses  a doctor to hit a child

There are other doctors you may want to see to get your head checked out 

• Like 3

A foul mouth brat, a reflection of his up   (or down)   bring.    The slap was a mistake,  refusing to provide service  and walking away, was not.  If the kid had been chastised by his family for his words, then the doctor was obligated to continue treatment.

The slap was wrong obviously, but honestly the swearing by kids of every age is endemic, especially in my village as an example.

Every day I hear the F word from kids walking home from school ,riding (illegally) on their motorbikes and in local shops It's obvious in Thailand that the parents accept their children using bad language. It's also very common to hear the parents using the F word to their own kids.

If I'd swore at anybody, never mind a doctor and the doctor had slapped me, my mother would have slapped me again to remind me to respect other people. 

Respect and good manners need to be learnt at home then the rest of us don't have to put up with this disgraceful behaviour.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

The slap was wrong obviously, but honestly the swearing by kids of every age is endemic, especially in my village as an example.

Every day I hear the F word from kids walking home from school ,riding (illegally) on their motorbikes and in local shops It's obvious in Thailand that the parents accept their children using bad language. It's also very common to hear the parents using the F word to their own kids.

What a ridiculous statement 

To say "it's obvious" in Thailand 

It may be commonplace in your village

But I don't know many or any Thai parents swearing around their kids or the kids swearing 

• Like 1

A dyed in the wool Salim, this one!

A few wais and envelopes, they'll be back to malpractice before you can say Harold Shipman!

Edited by Venusianhart
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Marc26 said:

If you think that excuses  a doctor to hit a child

There are other doctors you may want to see to get your head checked out 

I never condoned hitting a child. I said he should have slapped the mother.

Learn to read what has been written, not what you want to interpret so you can bag people.

Maybe learn how to read properly.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marc26 said:

What a ridiculous statement 

To say "it's obvious" in Thailand 

It may be commonplace in your village

But I don't know many or any Thai parents swearing around their kids or the kids swearing 

Yes...just the opposite in almost all instances.

For those of us that have real experience from long observations, as to those who usually make things up based on traditional stereotypes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mohandas said:

For those of us that have real experience from long observations, as to those who usually make things up based on traditional stereotypes.

My wife's family and her friends are far from rich(most just get by) and all the kids are as polite and well mannered as any kids I have ever met

And if there is a troubled kid in the village, they would be talked about

Also, my stepson goes to University in Thailand and we have met many of his friends and spent time with them

You couldn't ask for a nicer, more polite young adults if you tried

To say I have been impressed with all these Uni kids would be a vast understatement

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mohandas said:

5 years in a rural Thai village I think qualifies me for long observations. My village is real and not lines of pool villas with 4 bathrooms and wannabe hi-so's. I have lived outside the UK for more than 15 years and have ignored traditional stereotypes a long time ago.

I tell it as I see it, up to you if you don't believe me.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Saltire said:

5 years in a rural Thai village I think qualifies me for long observations. My village is real and not lines of pool villas with 4 bathrooms and wannabe hi-so's. I have lived outside the UK for more than 15 years and have ignored traditional stereotypes a long time ago.

I tell it as I see it, up to you if you don't believe me.

I've been going to my wife's village foe 20 years. Albeit not living there

And there is definitely bad kids in the village, for sure

Actually a lot more screwed up things than just cursing, actually 

And I do think it's a village thing more than urban issue

But if you think about it

In a lot of aspects the village is the lower class of Thailand, so not too far off from similar in Western countries 

21 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Agree, I didn't want to go off topic and mention the other aspects of village life!

We will be moving sometime soon, not many things I will miss about village life apart from the incredibly cheap cost of living.

21 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

If I'd swore at anybody, never mind a doctor and the doctor had slapped me, my mother would have slapped me again to remind me to respect other people. 

Respect and good manners need to be learnt at home then the rest of us don't have to put up with this disgraceful behaviour.

Well done, totally agree, good post!

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

41 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I've been going to my wife's village foe 20 years. Albeit not living there

And there is definitely bad kids in the village, for sure

But if you think about it

In a lot of aspects the village is the lower class of Thailand, so not too far off from similar in Western countries 

Pretty broad statement that, there's nothing low class about he village just outside of Oxford that I was born and raised in!! Quite the contrary, I can't afford to live there.