Vaccine walk-ins for 75 and up available today-July 18 at Bang Sue Grand Station

Thaiger

From today, until July 18, people 75 and older can get inoculated at Bang Sue Grand Station in Bangkok. Reportedly, even without registration. The decision is an effort to drive up the number of elderly being vaccinated. The Department of Medical Sciences says that number is currently low. The inoculation campaign is intended to reach the elderly who may not have a smartphone or computer to register for a vaccination. Until now, vaccinations at Bang Sue were only available to those with appointments. People eligible for the Bang Sue vaccination can go to Gate 1 of the vaccination site from […]

The post Vaccine walk-ins for 75 and up available today-July 18 at Bang Sue Grand Station appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

From today, until July 18, people 75 and older can get inoculated at Bang Sue Grand Station in Bangkok. Reportedly, even without registration.

Including foreigners?

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

It is recommended that people aged 60-74 register for a vaccination online through the Mor Prom app. Earlier this week it was announced that appointments booked through the app for people 60 and older (and people with any of the 7 specified underlying diseases) have been bumped up from August to July.

But not foreigners ..... unless they're in Phuket, in which case the whingeing bar-stewards can jump the queue and get vaccinated before Thais and foreigners who are a medical priority.

I am British aged 77 years and have resided in Thailand over 20 years working in construction and now retired.

A very simple question that requires immediate confirmation is?

If I travel to Bang Sue tomorrow 1st July will I be able to receive the vaccination against Covid? Is it available for foreigners?

YES ? or No ?

Thank You.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 12:10 PM, Thaiger said:

From today, until July 18, people 75 and older can get inoculated at Bang Sue Grand Station in Bangkok. Reportedly, even without registration. The decision is an effort to drive up the number of elderly being vaccinated. The Department of Medical Sciences says that number is currently low. The inoculation campaign is intended to reach the elderly who may not have a smartphone or computer to register for a vaccination. Until now, vaccinations at Bang Sue were only available to those with appointments. People eligible for the Bang Sue vaccination can go to Gate 1 of the vaccination site from […]

The post Vaccine walk-ins for 75 and up available today-July 18 at Bang Sue Grand Station appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I just called 1422 and was told that this is not true. Thai only. The Nation has an article saying no walk-ins - only prebooked jabs. Pre-booked jabs only at Bang Sue Station, no walk-ins (nationthailand.com)

• Thanks 1

Mrs friend went and sent her a pic from there yesterday, looked like a football sized crowd waiting, all bunched up together. Did not look like planned appointments

Sounds like, from your description, it has become more of "Superspreader" event than a Covid-19 prevention effort.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

20 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

Sounds like, from your description, it has become more of "Superspreader" event than a Covid-19 prevention effort.

This is potentially the biggest problem I would guess with the current forms of vaccination, now people start getting vaccinated they massively go to places and crowd management/crowd control is not in Thai nature especially not for the elderly.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Shark said:

This is potentially the biggest problem I would guess with the current forms of vaccination, now people start getting vaccinated they massively go to places and crowd management/crowd control is not in Thai nature especially not for the elderly.

Absolutely true.  They are not controlling the people as they queue for the vaccinations - there is no social distancing being enforced and many of them are wearing the masks incorrectly. That is the classic formulae for spreading a virus - any virus - close human interaction. And with 9000+ cases diagnosed every day, it is clear that there is a high likelyhood that some of the people in those queues will have the infection.  

• Like 1

I got jab Friday. No problem, superbly organised. All staff excellent and most speak reasonable English. I got help at every 'station' ie where to go next etc etc. It was NOT crowded and despite comments to the contrary, Social distancing was practiced ie sitting on chairs, masks, hygiene no issue.

I felt safer there than I did at a Pattaya supermarket or even hospital !!

As for 'super spreader or football crowds' in my case I saw nothing even vaguely similar. 

I know at least six other people who have had similar experience to mine.

• Like 1