News Forum - CCSA to consider extending Thailand tourist visa to 45 days

Thaiger

Tourists might soon be granted a visa which allows them to stay in Thailand for a maximum of 45 days. Currently, passport holders of certain countries are granted 30 day visa exemptions on arrival and others are granted visas on arrival with a maximum stay of 15 days. The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) will propose the idea to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) at the next CCSA meeting on August 19, according to TAT governor Yuthasak Supasorn. The proposed extension would extend both visa exemptions on arrival and visas on arrival (VOA) to 45 days. The new […]

The story CCSA to consider extending Thailand tourist visa to 45 days as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I do not understand anyway why they have to do difficult over something like that and to discuss this etc. Only cost time and money and should be simply done. And regarding other visas as well.. but that will never happen for that we make mafia visas

Who is the idiot that wants to create all this confusion about visas?

This only confuses people even more and turns people off coming to Thailand , mainly because Thais cannot get it sorted one way or another. At this rate you'll require a degree in Thai visas just to visit for a week.

6 minutes ago, palooka said:

Who is the idiot that wants to create all this confusion about visas?

This only confuses people even more and turns people off coming to Thailand , mainly because Thais cannot get it sorted one way or another. At this rate you'll require a degree in Thai visas just to visit for a week.

How in the world would increasing Visa on Arrival to 45 days confuse people or turn them off from visiting?

You people will moan about anything!

• Like 4

I can't see any major downside to an increase from 30 to 45 days. Might well encourage more people to see more of the country rather than Bangkok Pattaya Phuket etc..

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ronnie666 said:

I do not understand anyway why they have to do difficult over something like that 

If you give people 45 days with a visa exemption some of them will not pay for a regular visa anymore. For some of them 45 days is enough, so they will not pay 2000 Baht for a visa extension. Waiving the tourist visa fee also costs money.

I think the rent of most Thai consulates in the world is paid with visa fees. And the people at immigration also need a salary.

If people stay longer and spend more money as the result of that it doesn't mean that the government will see even 1 Baht of that money.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dimitri said:

If you give people 45 days with a visa exemption some of them will not pay for a regular visa anymore. For some of them 45 days is enough, so they will not pay 2000 Baht for a visa extension. Waiving the tourist visa fee also costs money.

I think the rent of most Thai consulates in the world is paid with visa fees. And the people at immigration also need a salary.

If people stay longer and spend more money as the result of that it doesn't mean that the government will see even 1 Baht of that money.

The Amsterdam consulate is closed.Its all online now.I am coming in November,if I am enjoying myself I may go for a 30 day extension,as long as I can change my return flight of course.

29 minutes ago, yselmike said:

The Amsterdam consulate is closed.Its all online now.I am coming in November,if I am enjoying myself I may go for a 30 day extension,as long as I can change my return flight of course.

The problem nowadays is flights have gone up in price a lot, so before if I wanted to extend my stay, it would cost $100-200

Did so for my wife in June and it was $600

The bigger question is, why is Thailand still being governed by the CSSA?

Many countries have removed all Covid restrictions and have moved on.

Why should the tourism authority even need to propose this to an "emergency" health body? 

3 hours ago, rc1 said:

The bigger question is, why is Thailand still being governed by the CSSA?

Many countries have removed all Covid restrictions and have moved on.

Why should the tourism authority even need to propose this to an "emergency" health body? 

If you think about some of the hair-brained numbers/suggestions that TAT have come up with in the past, you can understand why they are not allowed to have any authority.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, yselmike said:

The consulate in The Hague is still opened. I never understood anyway why they needed 2 consulates.

The people working on the online visa applications work in that consulate.

6 hours ago, Marc26 said:

The problem nowadays is flights have gone up in price a lot, so before if I wanted to extend my stay, it would cost $100-200

Did so for my wife in June and it was $600

I got the more expensive ticket so I have the option to change my flight.I am going for 4 weeks and that may be long enough it's nice to have the option.The exchange rate may be the deciding factor.

28 minutes ago, dimitri said:

The consulate in The Hague is still opened. I never understood anyway why they needed 2 consulates.

The people working on the online visa applications work in that consulate.

It's the embassy in the Hague.The Amsterdam consulate fulfilled a need but COVID has thrown a spanner into a lot of works.

2 hours ago, Chaimai said:

If you think about some of the hair-brained numbers/suggestions that TAT have come up with in the past, you can understand why they are not allowed to have any authority.

Fair call.

However the  CCSA should be disbanded, shut down. It's past time. 

The country no longer needs to be governed by a Covid committee. 

• Like 1