News Forum - Thailand News Today | Thailand no longer considers Covid “dangerous infectious disease” 

Thaiger

Thailand’s Communicable Disease Committee no longer considers Covid a “dangerous infections disease”, the owner of the nightclub that burned down has been released on bail, and will Prayut resign at the end of this month? All this and much more, coming up in today’s programYou’re watching Thailand News Today, bringing you the latest top stories in Thailand beyond. My name is Jett Gunther and in our first story, Thailand’s National Communicable Disease Committee decided to change the status of COVID-19 today (Monday), from a “dangerous infectious disease”, which came into effect on March 1st, 2020, to an “infectious disease […]

The story Thailand News Today | Thailand no longer considers Covid “dangerous infectious disease”  as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Great step forward Thailand.

Let's hope this is the beginning of the end of the mass masking, and we can welcome back the land of smiles again. 

15 minutes ago, rc1 said:

Great step forward Thailand.

Let's hope this is the beginning of the end of the mass masking, and we can welcome back the land of smiles again. 

Again?

You do understand that mask wearing is now living rent free inside your head yeah?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Again?

You do understand that mask wearing is now living rent free inside your head yeah?

Some are obsessed differently.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, palooka said:

Yep, only 30+ a day dying from it now.

With COVID or from COVID? Lies, damn lies and statistics.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

563700 died of all causes in Thailand 2021. That’s  1542 per day. The number supposedly dying of Covid or with Covid is insignificant in comparison, especially when you take into account the average age of those people.

• Like 4

If covid is no longer considered dangerous they might as well drop the state of emergency. Or will they now use the 5 confirmed monkeypox cases as an excuse to continue with that?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Again?

Yes, again.

It shouldn't be accepted and normalised for the population to permanently wear face coverings.

It's no longer serving a useful health purpose and should be stopped.

It impacts the psychological and societal well being of the country.

Taking the masks off, will have many positive effects for the country and the sooner it happens the better.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, joseph said:

The money has been made.

I do not agree on that, vaccines has been free for Thai and foreigner... and I thought was stupid to give it to the foreigner free, because you should have insurance and like my insurance just included covid costs.. 

Edited by ronnie666
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Again?

You walk around outside with one on at all times, don't ya? 

• Haha 2

Funny!

I think everyone here is thinking the same thing, regardless of how we felt about vaccines masks or lockdown. 

Gummints gonna gummint.

Anything is a crime until it's not.

Anything is legal until it's not. 

President Reagan was so on the money when he said that the most terrifying words in the English language were: "I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help."

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Janneman said:

If covid is no longer considered dangerous they might as well drop the state of emergency. Or will they now use the 5 confirmed monkeypox cases as an excuse to continue with that?

They will use the usual lese majeste whistleblowers as an excuse to continue that. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, palooka said:

Thai Govt numbers not mine. 32 again today.

You're not getting it. The statistics collection process is rigged to say that people died "of" COVID even when this has not been shown. Now, how many of those who died were above the average life expectancy?

8 hours ago, ronnie666 said:

I do not agree on that, vaccines has been free for Thai and foreigner... and I thought was stupid to give it to the foreigner free, because you should have insurance and like my insurance just included covid costs.. 

There is no such thing as a free lunch

Vaccines have been bought with public money, and public money is paid by people living in Thailand trough various taxes. So no, it is not free, someone has to pay for them and it is certainly not coming out of the pockets of the people in power but yes, out of people of Thailand's pockets one way or another. Now Thailand got "a few" doses for free from some countries, like France (paid off by French tax payers) as France bought too many and they were going off and they called that a good will when really it was just a calculated diplomatic move cause, again, "There is no such thing as a free lunch".

• Like 2

I think this is a bit nonsense, you driving on a road that they renew and is also paid by tax money, like everything else, however did you pay the taxes? Naaahh  like said should never give the foreigner free vaccines, you suppose to have a GOOD insurance being in Thailand

14 minutes ago, ronnie666 said:

I think this is a bit nonsense, you driving on a road that they renew and is also paid by tax money, like everything else, however did you pay the taxes? Naaahh  like said should never give the foreigner free vaccines, you suppose to have a GOOD insurance being in Thailand

You keep using the word "free" but like I said in my previous comment, it is not free for anyone. If you live in Thailand, regardless if you are a Thai national or a foreigner, you buy food, goods, you pay for rent, gasoline, cigarettes, aclohol, etc... some have businesses and even retired ones spend their money in this country, etc... All this is taxed and the revenues of these taxes is used to fund public money, for the raods, transports, etc... and of course, the healthcare system including to buy the vaccines etc... So this is these funds that paid for the vaccines, funds that you, if you live in Thailand, already paid your share so therefore it is not free, regardless if you are Thai or a foreigner, you already paid for it, nobody got it for free. This is actually how it works in pratically every single country around the world.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Manu said:

You keep using the word "free" but like I said in my previous comment, it is not free for anyone. If you live in Thailand, regardless if you are a Thai national or a foreigner, you buy food, goods, you pay for rent, gasoline, cigarettes, aclohol, etc... some have businesses and even retired ones spend their money in this country, etc... All this is taxed and the revenues of these taxes is used to fund public money, for the raods, transports, etc... and of course, the healthcare system including to buy the vaccines etc... So this is these funds that paid for the vaccines, funds that you, if you live in Thailand, already paid your share so therefore it is not free, regardless if you are Thai or a foreigner, you already paid for it, nobody got it for free. This is actually how it works in pratically every single country around the world.

yep that is how it works (pyramid scheme lol) however the real cost you pay for it, is  extremely low...  that is why they now so desperate for money

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, brian60221 said:

You're not getting it. The statistics collection process is rigged to say that people died "of" COVID even when this has not been shown. Now, how many of those who died were above the average life expectancy?

I don't know, but you are welcome to supply stats and figures to support your point of view.

I agree that the stats are rigged here in Thailand. They claim only some 2,000  currently per day but my local doctor claims there are in excess of that figure daily in our area alone. She would know they come to her for a cure all.

We have over 50 cases in our village alone, and there are approximately some 41,000 plus villages in Thailand. Basic sums say the Govt is lying. 

How many of those actually die from Covid is anyones guess, but the Thai Govt, being who they are, will downplay the numbers attributable to Covid in the interests of Tourism. 

Maybe  you subscribe to the crowd that believe only the fit and healthy and have no other medical problems and who die from covid complications are actual covid deaths? 

The old and infirm who may live a year or two more without the complication of Covid in their life are just "Bad luck" and they were above their life expectancy anyway. Sorry a bit hard and callous for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, brian60221 said:

Dozens of people in China infected with new virus called Langya transmitted from animals (msn.com)

Another one that is probably rigged and they died because they were past life expentancy.🤣

• Haha 2