Health Insurance Company WrLife

WilliamG

Has anyone made a claim against this company?

They have just announced that all over 65 year old policyholders for 6 months or more will be covered fore ALL pre-existing conditions, which is completely the opposite to more well-established companies. 

Will they be faced with a sudden upsurge in applications, and then in 6 months a massive payout for all the sick policyholders.

If it seems too good to be true............................................

16 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

It does seem too good to be true William.

I suspect the detail is in the small print. 

But the answer I got from the CEO of WrLife was, YES it is true, and myself & my family live in Asia and are insured with WrLife.

Previously when I had told him I wanted to cancel my policy, he said 'Go ahead, pay another company a lot more money for the same thing'. Not very diplomatic eh?

2 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

But the answer I got from the CEO of WrLife was, YES it is true, and myself & my family live in Asia and are insured with WrLife.

Previously when I had told him I wanted to cancel my policy, he said 'Go ahead, pay another company a lot more money for the same thing'. Not very diplomatic eh?

If it is true William I wish you a long and happy life and hope you or your familly never need to make a claim. And I mean that honestly its not a loaded sentence in any way (sometime you gotta hate written communications).

I fear health insurance is a total minefield. Many of us THINK we have things covered and then when we need it its disqualified under some paragraph in the small print which even an ambulance chasing lawyer cant understand.

In short I have no idea and cannot advise you one way or another. However for someone to say "Go ahead, pay someone else more for the same thing" would worry me. It does not sound very professional. But then again it may be genuine. 

Hopefully someone else who has a policy with them and has made a claim will come along and give us an idea of how things went. 

As always William, kindest regards and I really hope you never need to make any claim. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

You could pop along here > https://goo.gl/maps/NG6gd3p6sNQaaVa16 < and have a chat with one of the registered company officers: Sanit IAMKHUNTHOT or another one at http://assistinter.com/main/ - Miss Malatee CHANTARAMETAKUL appears quite the entrepreneur and Director > https://www.companydirectorcheck.com/malatee-chantarametakul

• Like 1

Come across something similar years ago, plenty of unbelievable promises and 18 months later they don't exist.  Bit like a legally disguised pyramid scheme that goes bankrupt.

Plenty on this forum that will atttest that all insurances are legit and above board, but neglect to say they work for an Insurance company and possibly some are working here because they have little choice as they are unwelcome in their home countries because of certain practices.

Treat it like handling a snake, cautiously or not at all.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

fear health insurance is a total minefield. Many of us THINK we have things covered and then when we need it its disqualified under some paragraph in the small print which even an ambulance chasing lawyer cant understand

Not just Health insurance.  I recently asked for house insurance quotes, particularly covering storm and quake damage to structures, not flood or contents coverage so much.  3 world wide insurance companies quotes came in almost identical in what I considered a cheap premium.

Upon investigation of some rather ambiguous terms I established there was virtually nil cover at all.  For a start, upon making a claim for total loss, not including foundations or outbuildings, they would value the property ... How I asked?  By a bank manager I was told.  lol

When I asked for a square metre valued quote, the premium rose to double, but no outbuildings covered.  As it happens 2 of our structures form 1/3 of the total ... and so it went on, getting nowhere fast.

Bottom line is house insurance is a minefield and very few policies actually provide full cover.

Back on topic, HCI a UK based company with claims office in Bangkok, offer very comprehensive expat health insurance.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Back on topic, HCI a UK based company with claims office in Bangkok, off very comprehensive expat health insurance.

Will try them.

13 hours ago, WilliamG said:

However his registered address is in England, but his residence is in France ??????

• 1 year later...

<deleted content>

Please read all about my experience before you decide to purchase health insurance from wrlife.

After buying my insurance which I was careful to make sure it included extra cover for worldwide travel , as the advert said they could pay a claim to ANY HOSPITAL IN THE WORLD . I felt reassured if I fell ill abroad, I was completely covered.
boy was I wrong! 

I travelled to Laos and developed a terrible stomach bug that was so bad I went to the capital city vientiane and the international hospital there. 
They ask me for my insurance company details after I ask them to make contact with wrlife. They was reluctant to start treatment 
But saw how ill I was, so did eventually start some treatment. 

My girlfriend and I via email was asking wrlife to confirm they would cover the costs. 
Well I was horrified to get a message back saying for the hospital in Laos they could not /would not pay the hospital for my treatment 
I would have to pay myself. And claim back later. 
I was totally shocked to hear this I felt very vulnerable at this time as I didn't know how long I may be in hospital., or the costs involved! 

Over a couple of phones calls from my girlfriend and from the hospital treating me it was becoming clear they was not trying to find a solution to the situation, I emailed them a couple of times more, they only sent me back another standard reply. 

You pay the bill claim back later.. 

This really was worrying me as I felt so ill and desperately needed more treatment, treatment the hospital was not going to give until I payed 
For the treatment I'd already had. 
I didn't really have enough on me. 
So again emailed wrlife telling them I didn't have enough to pay and would they find a solution to paying the hospital. 

Then they done something that I didn't think they would ever do to a customer who was very ill in a foreign country needing help from them 

They BLOCKED my girlfriends phone number and stopped replying to mine the the hospital emails treating me, requests for help to solve the payment problem, 

The hospital I was in was suggesting several different ways for payment, but wrlife just stopped replying.! to them also. 

No communication Full stop. Without a care for my welfare and how or if ? I could pay my hospital fees. 

I write this to warn others that you may think your completely covered whilst travelling with wrlife You are not I would not have traveled to Laos knowing I would have to pay and claim back. 
Hospital bills can become very large very quick or the hospitals may even refuse to treat you!! 

Wrlife claim to be able to settle a claim to any hospital in the world
( in one email reply from them they say they cover NO hospitals in Laos this totally contradicts their advertising to worldwide coverage )
Is a complete untruth and could end up with someone being in real trouble at a time they need the most help. Alongside, absolutely no guarantee they will pay any of the costs anyone has had to pay upfront. 

Would you place your safety and health welfare with a health insurance company who does this? 

Just to add , after pushing them by email that I wanted to make an official complaint to WRlife also asking them , who they was regulated by and if in the uk where they trade , the answer I got back was they are regulated in Nevis a Caribbean Island, an offshore company, so are not regulated in the uk or France.

So no complaints process is available in the uk or France or they would have had to tell me after I asked to make an official complaint against Wrlife .
I will update or make another post later with more information .

They have now, finally admitted they know, that know ALL hospitals in Laos will not accept direct transfers 
to them and will therefore demand payment up front payment to an admitted patient…
WRlife are fully aware of this but offer no warning to customers, in fact the opposite encouragement by saying they can pay any hospital in the world .

This place is called trustpilot, be warned they are not 
Trustworthy or as they claim do their business in an 
honest and ethical ways …

They simply don’t.

As for me , they have cancelled my policy because I have challenged them , over how they put my life and possibly financial future in jeopardy.
I ask to make a formal complaint alongside my money back . Their response , cancelled my policy. 

Not that I think they can cancel my policy mid term .
Very professional ??? You have been warned.

Edited by BigHewer
Boldface text removed. Use light text only.

4 hours ago, Wrlife said:

<deleted content>

Please read all about my experience before you decide to purchase health insurance from wrlife.

After buying my insurance which I was careful to make sure it included extra cover for worldwide travel , as the advert said they could pay a claim to ANY HOSPITAL IN THE WORLD . I felt reassured if I fell ill abroad, I was completely covered.
boy was I wrong! 

I travelled to Laos and developed a terrible stomach bug that was so bad I went to the capital city vientiane and the international hospital there. 
They ask me for my insurance company details after I ask them to make contact with wrlife. They was reluctant to start treatment 
But saw how ill I was, so did eventually start some treatment. 

My girlfriend and I via email was asking wrlife to confirm they would cover the costs. 
Well I was horrified to get a message back saying for the hospital in Laos they could not /would not pay the hospital for my treatment 
I would have to pay myself. And claim back later. 
I was totally shocked to hear this I felt very vulnerable at this time as I didn't know how long I may be in hospital., or the costs involved! 

Over a couple of phones calls from my girlfriend and from the hospital treating me it was becoming clear they was not trying to find a solution to the situation, I emailed them a couple of times more, they only sent me back another standard reply. 

You pay the bill claim back later.. 

This really was worrying me as I felt so ill and desperately needed more treatment, treatment the hospital was not going to give until I payed 
For the treatment I'd already had. 
I didn't really have enough on me. 
So again emailed wrlife telling them I didn't have enough to pay and would they find a solution to paying the hospital. 

Then they done something that I didn't think they would ever do to a customer who was very ill in a foreign country needing help from them 

They BLOCKED my girlfriends phone number and stopped replying to mine the the hospital emails treating me, requests for help to solve the payment problem, 

The hospital I was in was suggesting several different ways for payment, but wrlife just stopped replying.! to them also. 

No communication Full stop. Without a care for my welfare and how or if ? I could pay my hospital fees. 

I write this to warn others that you may think your completely covered whilst travelling with wrlife You are not I would not have traveled to Laos knowing I would have to pay and claim back. 
Hospital bills can become very large very quick or the hospitals may even refuse to treat you!! 

Wrlife claim to be able to settle a claim to any hospital in the world
( in one email reply from them they say they cover NO hospitals in Laos this totally contradicts their advertising to worldwide coverage )
Is a complete untruth and could end up with someone being in real trouble at a time they need the most help. Alongside, absolutely no guarantee they will pay any of the costs anyone has had to pay upfront. 

Would you place your safety and health welfare with a health insurance company who does this? 

Just to add , after pushing them by email that I wanted to make an official complaint to WRlife also asking them , who they was regulated by and if in the uk where they trade , the answer I got back was they are regulated in Nevis a Caribbean Island, an offshore company, so are not regulated in the uk or France.

So no complaints process is available in the uk or France or they would have had to tell me after I asked to make an official complaint against Wrlife .
I will update or make another post later with more information .

They have now, finally admitted they know, that know ALL hospitals in Laos will not accept direct transfers 
to them and will therefore demand payment up front payment to an admitted patient…
WRlife are fully aware of this but offer no warning to customers, in fact the opposite encouragement by saying they can pay any hospital in the world .

This place is called trustpilot, be warned they are not 
Trustworthy or as they claim do their business in an 
honest and ethical ways …

They simply don’t.

As for me , they have cancelled my policy because I have challenged them , over how they put my life and possibly financial future in jeopardy.
I ask to make a formal complaint alongside my money back . Their response , cancelled my policy. 

Not that I think they can cancel my policy mid term .
Very professional ??? You have been warned.

Your complaint reads like a sad tale of negligence on your part. Did you read your insurance policy. Did you follow the claim reporting procedures.  No you did not.  This insurer appears to be one of the most transparent I have seen and its policy documents and procedures are all declared and available. 

Follow the procedure and then if not covered, you can complain. 

https://www.wrlife.net/documents/WRLIFE CLAIM SETTLEMENT PROCESS.pdf   

The procedure looks like it was a standard reimbursement of expense. When I visit my dentist, I pay and the invoice is submitted to the insurer and then I am reimbursed for the covered expense. Looks to me like you were too lazy to read and follow the  simple claim procedure and instead had a childish tantrum. No one is going to put up with someone who refuses to follow the claim process.

This problem is all your doing. Instead of blaming the insurer for your own incompetence, take responsibility for your own actions. Policy documents are available in Thai, English, German, French and Italian.

• Like 2

Ok  the above comment is from <deleted content>

the owner of WRlife    And of course he wants to push all the blame on to me as he does not like my review.      He is stupid !      he writes his comments as if he is an outsider looking in on my review    ( This insurer appears to be one of the most transparent I have seen and its policy documents and procedures are all declared and available. )

but in fact he is the owner….. not happy with what I have written and my experience with an unregulated company    Who sees himself as judge and jury on all matters.

so here is the best way to settle any dispute between us on this matter and let the public decide who is the one who acts childish and won’t respond in a professional manner in anyway whatsoever , when a customer is not happy with a product they have brought , when it fails in so many different ways and on so many different levels.

let’s both agree to publish all the emails between …..these tell the story and truth 

I would just to make it absolutely clear to everyone who is reading my review above 

and WRlife responses …. From  the owner who has been responsible for the replies.

I had tried to make an official complaint, in my very first email to the company.

This fell completely on deaf ears , in fact the response was to cancel my policy mid term while I was still travelling.

I want to stress that because they are not regulated in the uk or France or any other country that matters  , they can do as they wish , including not paying on claims or answering to complaints , in the knowledge they will not have to answer to a regulatory body in the country’s they sell policy’s in . 

so be warned again   If you would like to have peace of mind of regulatory back up 

WRlife do not participate in the uk or France and most probably Thailand .

if I’m not correct I’m sure WRlife would like to , take this opportunity to give over all the details of who they are regulated by and where?  , in a reply to me and any other prospective customers 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/28/2023 at 7:07 PM, Wrlife said:

I would just to make it absolutely clear to everyone who is reading my review above 

and WRlife responses …. From  the owner who has been responsible for the replies.

I had tried to make an official complaint, in my very first email to the company.

This fell completely on deaf ears , in fact the response was to cancel my policy mid term while I was still travelling.

I want to stress that because they are not regulated in the uk or France or any other country that matters  , they can do as they wish , including not paying on claims or answering to complaints , in the knowledge they will not have to answer to a regulatory body in the country’s they sell policy’s in . 

so be warned again   If you would like to have peace of mind of regulatory back up 

WRlife do not participate in the uk or France and most probably Thailand .

if I’m not correct I’m sure WRlife would like to , take this opportunity to give over all the details of who they are regulated by and where?  , in a reply to me and any other prospective customers 

( so now several weeks later and multiple emails requesting information from WRlife who they are regulated by in either the Uk, France or Thailand ,
no response's, no information , so no chance to 
have my complaint and claim addressed through a regulatory body). 

They just ignore there is NOTHING ! I can do , this should be a massive warning to anyone wanting to buy a policy with WRlife .

• 1 month later...

I brought a policy from WRlife to have peace of mind living in Thailand and travelling around Indochina , because Wrlife advertised they can pay any hospital directly,  in the world .

This is completely not true , they are fully aware they cannot pay directly a single hospital in Laos.

I have an email from them admitting this fact , after I fell ill in Laos.

After contacting them that I was ill and in hospital in Vientiane the capital city of Laos requiring treatment and was being advised to remain overnight.    The answer I received was pay bill and send the paperwork. 

( they would not say if they would definitely pay the bill ? only to send the paperwork for them to review )

This was worrying and wasn’t really possible for me , as I didn’t have the funds on me for the treatment I’d already received and I certainly couldn’t pay for the overnight stay they was advised I needed.

So my girlfriend and I and the hospital all tried to ask WRlife to help find a way to pay the hospital.

After about an hour or so they stopped all communication with the hospital I was in  and blocked my girlfriend’s phone and was ignoring my emails .       I was astonished they would do this to a customer who was desperately ill , but they did .    

I can PROVE this with my email threads and the hospitals back and forth .

I had to refuse the hospital’s professional opinion that I should at least stay overnight , I left the hospital because I couldn’t pay and WRlife had abandoned me .

As you can imagine I was not happy I’d been left in such a vulnerable position .

I emailed to complain about the abandonment and about what had happened and to why they say,  they can directly pay hospital bills,  to any hospital in the world , when they cannot!  and more importantly know they can’t.

It was a very arrogant reply I got saying I was making problems and totally ignored the fact they abandoned me in Laos ,a country where they know they can’t make payments to !    It didn’t register with them whatsoever to how vulnerable this could leave a traveler in , I brought my policy not to be left vulnerable!

My policy was not fit for purpose , so I asked to make a complaint and asked who they where regulated by in the Uk , France or Thailand.       The reply was Nevis a small Caribbean Island , no use to me as I purchased my policy from France.

What happened next , they cancelled my policy while I was still ill and travelling .

I have email PROOF of this from them .        In a reply to my review the say I stopped paying my premiums , this is an out and out LIE by WRlife..       and I will be more than happy to disclose this email,  if they again lie about this fact!

During these emails the owner suggested I have mental problems and everyone would see this , when I told him that I would be writing a review about my experience.      A totally unprofessional comment from an unprofessional company.

All I’m doing is telling the truth and my experience at the hands of WRlife.

Determined to have my concerns and complaint and claim addressed , I have written multiple emails asking WRlife , who are they regulated though in the Uk France or Thailand. 

No response whatsoever for many weeks , until I updated my review  again , they then admitted they are not regulated in the Uk , but not saying if they are in France or Thailand , they have had every chance to inform me  but still refuse.     so not I think!

So not regulated, so can’t be challenged by an independent regulatory body , the consequences of buying a policy with WRlife is they are judge and jury about any concerns, complaints or any claim , they can do as they wish with no recourse.

No recourse they don’t have to answer to anyone , if there was !   they would have pointed it out to me in order to remain professional .      But they just don’t care one little bit about remaining professional.

all they do is refute reviews by simply saying the comments are false . 

Everything in my review is just how it’s happened.       Do you want to get involved in such a company ?

A company who sold me an unfit policy 

A company who abandoned me while I was ill 

A company who blocked a phone and did not respond to email for help.

A company who cancelled my policy while still travelling and feeling ill.

A company that’s lied , that I stopped paying my premiums.

A company who suggested people would think I was mentally ill for writing an unfavourable review.

A company that shows no complaint procedure whatsoever .

A company who are not regulated within the country’s they aim sell policy’s within .

And lastly a company , who’s owner and other employés record reviews on sites about the company they actually own and work for , how desperate lame or untrue !     make your own minds up ?

Wrlife continue to completely ignore my question to who I can independently ask to investigate my concerns,  complaint ,refund request and claim against them .

If my review is accused of being False Below by WRlife.        

I will post the emails to back up my review and the lies they have told .