News Forum - Local hero predicts building collapse, saves countless lives in eastern Thailand

Thaiger

A man from Sattahip district in Chon Buri province saved countless lives on Saturday when he warned residents of a row of four townhouses on Soi Wat Noi road to quickly evacuate. The alert neighbour, 50 year old Saneh Wongpoon, heard creaking noises coming from his ceiling and noticed a part of the roof caving in. The row of houses share the same concrete-enforced roof. He shouted to residents of the other three houses to get out as fast as they could. People started flooding out the houses from both the front and back. Moments later, the entire roof caved […]

The story Local hero predicts building collapse, saves countless lives in eastern Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

5 hours ago, Skip said:

Brown envelope inspections and greed...

Inspections? For what? For an extension to the roof to shade the sun in front of the house? Never happen!

Because that is what colapsed, if I look at the picture.

15 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Because that is what colapsed, if I look at the picture.

If you could read and not just look at pictures you would read that the roof collapsed... the picture is only the outside front so it is difficult to observe whether or not it collapsed inside as well... but notice that the front wall is leaning in toward the rooms

Probably made from reo steel from China.

Just saying the reo steel from China is ok for your driveway, But me, no, I won't trust it for construction.