News Forum - Aussie man plunges to death from 17th floor of Pattaya hotel

Thaiger

A 41 year old Australian man fell to his death from the 17th floor of his hotel balcony in Pattaya yesterday. The man, believed to be Matthew Leigh Plant from Adelaide, checked into the View Talay 6 in central Pattaya just before 7am, and an hour later his body was found dead face down in the car park. Police and paramedics and rescue staff from Sawang Boriboon Foundation rushed to the scene but the man had already died from severe injuries. He suffered broken limbs and a ruptured stomach wound. Pattaya City Police Station Deputy Inspector General Amornthep Petchtim reported […]

The story Aussie man plunges to death from 17th floor of Pattaya hotel as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

For sure...there will be someone who he trusted the most had betrayed him.....This is a common scene in Thailand as many are cheated by fake "smiles" 

• Like 1

BTW you do not need to be inside a condo at View Talay 6 to jump.  Open railings at every floor by the elevator .  Had a jumper there 10 years or so ago, he just went up the elevator and jumped off a high floor next to the elevators and landed between the building and Central Festival on the north side

Something not right here. Why would you travel to Thailand to commit suicide. Perhaps he was jilted by a Thai bar girl he was madly infatuated with. I doubt if the truth will ever be known but there’s too many deaths of farang from tall buildings. Sad

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Giltee said:

Something not right here. Why would you travel to Thailand to commit suicide. Perhaps he was jilted by a Thai bar girl he was madly infatuated with. I doubt if the truth will ever be known but there’s too many deaths of farang from tall buildings. Sad

TBH, Indian men make up an even bigger population of visitors to Pattaya but you don't hear them launching themselves off buildings.

1 hour ago, Giltee said:

There are a lot of deaths, but the balcony railings are waist high and should be a lot lot higher. Also the balcony tile could be real slippery if there is rain or if you are wearing socks, so it is really easy to do a tumble off of these things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This happens way too often... Don't want to be disrespectful, but maybe in the airplane, when they are explaining about the emergency exits and stuff, they should provide extra information on how the laws of gravity apply even in Thailand. Is it anywhere else in the world where so many people fall out of windows and from balconies? Or is it just Thailand? 

12 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Go quietly is better. A lot of people in the street could be quite traumatized by something like this. 

17 floors as well onto hard cement....traumatic indeed

5 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

17 floors as well onto hard cement....traumatic indeed

Yeah never really understood that, but never wanted to kill myself either

A shit ton of heroin would be my choice!

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

A shit ton of heroin would be my choice!

Kid I went to school with jumped off a bridge over the A12 just outside London aged 17. Dutch lorry driver hit him and never got over it apparently. 

Same as the people who jump in front of trains. Never understood that. 

18 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Kid I went to school with jumped off a bridge over the A12 just outside London aged 17. Dutch lorry driver hit him and never got over it apparently. 

Same as the people who jump in front of trains. Never understood that. 

Suicide is a horrible thing for so many people

My closest brother committed suicide when I was 26 and he was 32yrs old

I am 50yrs old and will never, ever get over it...................

It just devestates so many people that are left behind...............

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

Suicide is a horrible thing for so many people

My closest brother committed suicide when I was 26 and he was 32yrs old

I am 50yrs old and will never, ever get over it...................

It just devestates so many people that are left behind...............

Sorry for your loss, and the aftermath.  My brother in law, who I was very close to, did the same. The effect on those close to him was devastating. 

If anyone has been affected by this & feels the need to talk about it, or any other issue that is affecting them, then please contact The Samaritan's.

https://www.samaritansthai.com/contactus/

Bangkok : Tel. 02-113-6789 press 1 (new) / 02-713-6793 (old and will be canceled soon) daily from 12.00-22.00

Bangkok English Line : Tel. 02-113-6789 Press 2 (New) / 02-713-6791 (Old and to be canceled soon)

(With Inbox message of our call center system, we will contact you back within 24 hours.)

Chiang Mai Center : Tel. 053-225-977 to 78 daily from 19.00-22.00

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 11:00 PM, Marc26 said:

A shit ton of heroin would be my choice

or a few grains of fentanyl

• 4 weeks later...