News Forum - Anutin: “If I have to be the prime minister, I will be.”

Thaiger

Deputy Prime Minister Anutin Charnvirakul says that, if people want him, he is willing to step in as the next prime minister of Thailand. Anutin, who also has been serving as the Minister of Public Health throughout the tumultuous Covid-19 pandemic and response, said that if the citizens of Thailand want him to be their next leader, he is willing to be a candidate. Anutin is the leader of the Bhumjaithai Party and travelled to Khok Samrong district in Lop Buri yesterday to make a formal announcement of the party’s new nominees in the coming election for Members of Parliament. […]

The story Anutin: “If I have to be the prime minister, I will be.” as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Every time I see his face I am reminded of would be US president Walter Mondale, of whom it was said " you could see the maggots of ambition crawling out of his every pore".

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Anutin: “If I have to be the prime minister, I will be.”

How kind of him.
His English is apparently good, hence he's obviously learnt the art of understatement.
Reminds me of Sergeant Wilson in Dad's Army, who had it down to a fine art.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

If I remember well thai citizen placed him on the second place of NOT wanting him as prime Minister, as well when I ask people they put a dirty face, I think that says enough, keep on dreaming DIRTY ANUTIN, over my dead body that you will ever lead this country to hell.. it is already bad enough you in the government With all the DIRTY  garbage that comes out of your mouth... 🤮

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pompies said:

Every time I see his face I am reminded of would be US president Walter Mondale, of whom it was said " you could see the maggots of ambition crawling out of his every pore".

Mmmhhh when I see his face a I always see the behind of a pig

4 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

I dread the new "dirty falang" immigration laws that'll be implemented. Like compulsory mask 24/7.

Yes and no thanks thailand doesn’t need a xenophobic PM

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ronnie666 said:

If I remember well thai citizen placed him on the second place of NOT wanting him as prime Minister, as well when I ask people they put a dirty face, I think that says enough, keep on dreaming DIRTY ANUTIN, over my dead body that you will ever lead this country to hell.. it is already bad enough you in the government With all the DIRTY  garbage that comes out of your mouth... 🤮

Quite right. We all remember the dirty farang thing but I also remember that shortly afterwards he had to publicly apologise (again) to medical staff for something "nice" he said back in March 2020.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1887115/anutin-criticises-careless-health-personnel-apologises-again

I am sure medical staff have not forgotten this from their own Health Minister as we have not the dirty farang episode...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

I dread the new "dirty falang" immigration laws that'll be implemented. Like compulsory mask 24/7.

It's mind blowing to me an adult would say something so ridiculous

This forum is full of children

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Manu said:

I am sure medical staff have not forgotten this from their own Health Minister as we have not the dirty farang episode...

Of course you guys haven't, it bruised all your little egos 5555

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Dumbed down children.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ronnie666 said:

Country wide is a no. I don’t think his popularity goes outside his control and  support from his own Buriram. Very small. 

• Haha 1

Anutin should have promptly lost his job with his vile, racist comments caught on video during the height of the pandemic paranoia.  This would have been a swift exit in any western  or democratic country.  Another example of senior Thai politicians (and army generals)  getting a free pass.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Country wide is a no. I don’t think his popularity goes outside his control and  support from his own Buriram. Very small. 

Shouldn't be so sure about Buriram support either.

A handful of extended family.

17 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Of course you guys haven't, it bruised all your little egos 5555

No. One would remember such mind-blowing racist comment from a Minister of a country (where by the way I live) that is still in place 2 years later and that now wants to be the PM. Also in that same comment, I also mentioned that I did not forget too the same guy bashing medical staff, but it must be my ego remembering that too. The only person here with a huge ego issue seems to be you. Stop trying to insult people, if you are going to reply to a comment, be at least constructive, not just hateful: you are not perfect either.

4 hours ago, Manu said:

No. One would remember such mind-blowing racist comment from a Minister of a country (where by the way I live) that is still in place 2 years later and that now wants to be the PM. Also in that same comment, I also mentioned that I did not forget too the same guy bashing medical staff, but it must be my ego remembering that too. The only person here with a huge ego issue seems to be you. Stop trying to insult people, if you are going to reply to a comment, be at least constructive, not just hateful: you are not perfect either.

Oh, I am the hateful one?

Not all the miserable expats that do nothing but talk shit about the country and the people on here

I guess you are right, I hate miserable, bitter people....................

PS.....Not that I include you in that above category, actually. And the "5555" indicates a joke

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Oh, I am the hateful one?

Not all the miserable expats that do nothing but talk shit about the country and the people on here

I guess you are right, I hate miserable, bitter people....................

PS.....Not that I include you in that above category, actually. And the "5555" indicates a joke

So......some might clearly understand the rhymes and reasons that a selection of us have long steered away from from Farang company and associated. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DesperateOldHand said:

So......some might clearly understand the rhymes and reasons that a selection of us have long steered away from from Farang company and associated. 

Yes I agree with that. Although I have met many incredible farang from all over the world in Thailand and mostly, you get the miserables just on the forums

In person, you can suss out who the miserables are pretty quick and move on

But I do think in this instance, someone like @Manu living there does have a right to be concerned about such a comment, it could affect the way locals perceive him

I personally wouldn't or don't pay much mind to it, I care about what my Thai friends and family feel about me, anyone else I am not real concerned how they feel. I try to be nice to people in my interactions, but am not real worried how strangers perceive me

• Like 2

On 8/8/2022 at 4:01 PM, Marc26 said:

It's mind-blowing to me that a senior leader and potential prime minister candidate would say something so ridiculous