News Forum - Thailand’s hotels are short on workers

Thaiger

The majority of Thai hotels surveyed recently are short on workers, according to the Thai Hotels Association. About 68% of 118 hotels surveyed said they are short staffed. The workers needed include maids, receptionists, cleaners, cooks, waiters and technicians. The survey was conducted from July 17-25. The reason not enough people are seeking hotel jobs may likely have to do with wages. The survey found that only 33% of hotels have raised their wages to attract more job seekers. The THA’s president said that hotel occupancy rates have been recovering ever since ‘Thailand Pass’ met its end on July 1. […]

The story Thailand’s hotels are short on workers as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Bus loads of Indian men every day being dropped off 40-50 at a time at hotels on south second road.  Many of these hotels were closed for 2 years.  I doubt if any of these hotels got fully staffed before accepting all the low rent tourists .  Likely 4-5 men per room.  so fire danger exists as well. 

Cannot find maids to work for minimum wage and have to clean these rooms, change sheets and towels daily I would suspect

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Bus loads of Indian men every day being dropped off 40-50 at a time at hotels on south second road.  Many of these hotels were closed for 2 years.  I doubt if any of these hotels got fully staffed before accepting all the low rent tourists .  Likely 4-5 men per room.  so fire danger exists as well. 

Cannot find maids to work for minimum wage and have to clean these rooms, change sheets and towels daily I would suspect

Really?  I didn't know Indian men were sop flammable!

• Haha 1

Join the club everywhere worker shortage but I notice the second hand stores are so full they won't except perfect furniture deaths up 40% 2022 mmmm why would that be ?

Same in Europe and the UK. Hotels got rid of staff in the pandemic and they all found they could get easier jobs paying more money elsewhere. Hotels worldwide need to up their wages and working conditions even if that means upping their prices or cutting their profits a bit.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 3:25 AM, Buzzkill said:

Join the club everywhere worker shortage but I notice the second hand stores are so full they won't except perfect furniture 

That has been happening for years

Before it was a well kept secret you could donate your furniture and that would be an easy and cheap way to dispose of old furniture

People caught on to that and they got inudated with donations

• Like 1