News Forum - 4,000 Muslims protest against construction of Kuan Yin statue in southern Thailand

Thaiger

2 minutes ago, Faraday said:

The extremists, yes.

Indeed. Sorry, had 4 posts in a row. Thought that people could figure from the other posts that 'some' meant 'the extremists'. 😂

56 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Hey, many non-muslims really, really hate those mosqes with those loud prayers multiple times a day. But will they move? Nope. Everyone just has to be the way Muslims want it to be but never the other way around. 

Don't get me wrong tho. There are many friendly Muslims that I know. The thing is always those fanatics. 

Wouldn't it be funny if this 200 meter statue came equiped with loud speakers truning on 3 times a day that shows her listening to what she stands for as in listening to the cries and prayers of all in this world. I don't think the statue will last long either way if have speakers or not. It probably might be tumbled to the ground. The statue represents good, but not in these peoples minds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, PBS said:

How many Thai Muslim suicide attacks in Thailand - none?

Let's assume for the sake of argument that it's true that there have been no suicide attacks. I provided you with a search for stories about "insurgents", which are basically all stories about shooting attacks and explosions and such carried out by Muslims for reasons related to Islam. Are you trying to mount a defense for this by saying that none of the attacks were suicide attacks?

3 hours ago, PBS said:

If you are unable to accept Thai Muslims

I didn't say or suggest that.

3 hours ago, PBS said:

The statue in the OP planning to be built in a Thai Muslim area

It's as if you think that Muslims get to say what happens with regard to everything in "their area", not just the property they actually own. Why do they get this special claim over the property of others? Would Muslims respect the wishes of Buddhists and decline to build a mosque if Buddhists protested it being built in "their area"?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brian60221 said:

Would Muslims respect the wishes of Buddhists and decline to build a mosque if Buddhists protested it being built in "their area"?

I believe they wouldn't be able to do so. i.e. you do know the Thai government contributes funding for the building and maintenance of mosques, including funding to translate the Koran from Arabic to Thai?

https://riyadh.thaiembassy.org/en/page/29025-muslim-in-thailand?menu=5d80b47015e39c0a5000653b

You seem to have minimal knowledge of Thai Muslim history;.before commenting further how about doing some research. e.g.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Siamese_Treaty_of_1909

Go to 2013 at URL below, click on The Conflick in Southern Thailand. 

https://defence.gov.au/ADC/Publications/shedden.asp

SheddenPapers12_120306_ConflictinThailand_Nurakkate.pdf

Edited by PBS
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

*  The thread has gone way off course.*

*Enough is enough.*