News Forum - Chon Buri night club blaze kills 13 & injures 40 people

Thaiger

Thirteen people died and more than 40 were injured last night after a fire broke out at the Mountain B night club in Chon Buri province. Located on Sukhumvit Road in the Sattahip District of Chon Buri, a blaze ripped through the one-story glasshouse, that has only one entrance in and out of the building, at about 1am when the club was about to close. Jiraphan Turaphan, who survived the blaze informed police officers that the fire started from the ceiling. The 51 year old man said he heard several exploding sounds as the fire spread quickly through the club. […]

The story Chon Buri night club blaze kills 13 & injures 40 people as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Why is no one helping the people who's  clothing is on fire and the video person let's one run run past them and does nothing but keep filming?

Really 29.700 for a lost live unbelievable

i hope the blame the police who take the bribe so he still can be open make them pay for it 

2 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

A guy in the video who is literally on fire, seems to walk out of the place totally relaxed.

Adrenalin rush, he'll feel the pain when it wears off.

5 minutes ago, Faz said:

Adrenalin rush, he'll feel the pain when it wears off.

Probably in a bit of a shock too.

My wife just showed me the video. It is sooo horrifying. So many young kids totally fully on fire running and walking out. Last part of the video shows a girl fully a blaze walk by and you can see her face then having water poured on her. Terrible and so sorry for these kids. OMG!

Been watching it on the news, they are now saying that 5 police officers have done a runner and the headman of the area, not difficult to work out why, probably no planning permission and poor build materials.

Yesterday the TV reporters equivalent to the CSI concluded/suggested that it was an electrical short in the roof which set fire to the very combustible sound proofing material that looks like egg boxes made from foam.

The people running out on fire were probably on fire from the burning foam insulation dripping on them, many of those perished too.

I believe it killed all the band that was on stage at the time. RIP.

1 hour ago, GMoney2312 said:

Safety concerns run heavily in Thailand.

Just the lack on handrails for stairs shocks me!

Years ago I went into Udon's one and only GoGo bar with my wife. It was Thai run.
There wasn't much going on, and the few girls dancing weren't exactly doing much. My wife and I bought one girl a drink, and I asked her why they weren't moving around much on the dance floor.
Her answer: "It's because it's raining."

Turned out the reason was that when it rained heavily, the roof leaked. This resulted in the mains cabling in the false ceiling becoming wet and the mains sometimes 'leaked' to the metal framework supporting the stainless steel dance poles, making them 'live'. Hence when it's raining, don't touch the poles.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Years ago I went into Udon's one and only GoGo bar with my wife. It was Thai run.
There wasn't much going on, and the few girls dancing weren't exactly doing much. My wife and I bought one girl a drink, and I asked her why they weren't moving around much on the dance floor.
Her answer: "It's because it's raining."

Turned out the reason was that when it rained heavily, the roof leaked. This resulted in the mains cabling in the false ceiling becoming wet and the mains sometimes 'leaked' to the metal framework supporting the stainless steel dance poles, making them 'live'. Hence, when it's raining, don't touch the poles.

I asked my wife yesterday what the Thai news said about this club and why it went from 0 to a flame throwing torch bomb. Her answer was it was sound proofed to an extent so noice would stay in, and once the fire broke out it quickly jumped to the non fire retardent highly flamable sound proofing and then whooooof. The video she showed me still is in my head today. I feel so sorry for these burned up on fire kids running out. They were totally covered in this substance brning their sking of head to toe and the extent of their burns has ruined and changed their lives forever.