Travelling to Phuket for the Sandbox starting tomorrow, July 1

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Florian said:

What makes you think they will learn? They are adding more and more obstacles day by day. Now I cant use Agoda, I must use the sha website for a hotel booking? Thats not even possible. Its not a booking site. No tourist will go through this. I would have given up if i hadnt a family waiting for me.

I hear you mate. But they will get better - some say because they couldnt get any worse!  Hope things go well and you are back with the family quickly and safely. 

7 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Here we go ...........   I wonder if we will be seeing Tim walking backwards in the nude??  For those unaware, Tim Newton on Thaiger News has stated that if 1500 tourists arrive on 1st July he will walk backwards nude down the street. I sure hope not.

I did post this on the jokes forum, but I reckon it is worth it again:

image.thumb.png.93e94cc276722175547c24e63953ec1a.png

Be assured, you are 100% safe from having to witness that horrendous sight.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Bonanzo said:

You can book SHA plus hotels on the website ASQ.in.th

Click on sandbox hotels and you will find 313 hotels listed.

I have pre reserved one, to be confirmed when I get my COE application pre-approved.

Applied on Monday, made a couple of minor editing changes, and have been given a reference number to check the status of my application. At the moment all I am getting is "waiting for approval"

The hotel has told me I will have to pay in advance, including the cost of 3 PCR tests, 8000baht.

They have assured me they will provide me with the SHA certificate and QR code required to complete the COE application procedure.

I read a lot about how well prepared everybody is in Phuket, and how much they are looking forward to welcoming their visitors.

However if the embassies don't get their fingers out and start issuing COE's, there won't be any!

Nobody is well prepared on Phuket for anything, its LOScam, the land of white shiny facades and garbage in the backyards.

Just got back from the Thai Consulate HKG and I was told that the only direct flight (ThaiSmile) has no flights from HKG to Phuket on July 1 until further notice. I was not able to obtain more information regarding the SandBox other than those already reported here in Thaiger News. 

How did the TAT official get the number that there are 1,500 confirmed passengers flying into Phuket on July 1st ? I was also informed that the COE application would take 11-12 working days to process (6 days pre Sandbox). It just tells us that the Thai officials are trying to drum up the reopening like a hardcore salesman.......buy now or you would regret when it is sold and all gone! Amazing Thailand!!! (indeed)

Any Suggestions?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, ratzig said:

Just got back from the Thai Consulate HKG and I was told that the only direct flight (ThaiSmile) has no flights from HKG to Phuket on July 1 until further notice. I was not able to obtain more information regarding the SandBox other than those already reported here in Thaiger News. 

How did the TAT official get the number that there are 1,500 confirmed passengers flying into Phuket on July 1st ? I was also informed that the COE application would take 11-12 working days to process (6 days pre Sandbox). It just tells us that the Thai officials are trying to drum up the reopening like a hardcore salesman.......buy now or you would regret when it is sold and all gone! Amazing Thailand!!! (indeed)

Any Suggestions?

My suggestion is to wait and watch.  If it goes 'breasts up', I think it will do so within the month.  If it goes OK then it might last til October, and then it will be 'open doors' to all Thailand, and the pigs will be fully fed and ready to fly. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2Lotus2 said:

My COE stalled in pre-approved at the at the embassy. 

New requirements just released today.. That's it.

I give up. I'm out.

Read my post. Just got back from the Thai Consulate HKG....it is frustrating and I can feel you. 

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, Slugger said:

Why? Whats the problem with Sinovac, professor?

There are a number  of countries which have used the sinovac to fully vaccinated their population (Chile for example) and they have had to put the whole country back in lockdown as the sinovac is useless.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BIGGLES said:

There are a number  of countries which have used the sinovac to fully vaccinated their population (Chile for example) and they have had to put the whole country back in lockdown as the sinovac is useless.

False information. Thaiger are we allowing this? Bear in mind the penalties for misinformation.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Slugger said:

False information. Thaiger are we allowing this? Bear in mind the penalties for misinformation.

It is a well know fact in the entire world that Sinovac has a low efficacy of about 51%. Not effective against the Delta variants too. Just look at Indonesia where hundreds of fully Sinovac vaccinated doctors and nurses died recently. Sinovac is giving many many countries a false sense of security. SAD

• Like 2

What is the latest news about Thai partners being able to stay with farang visitors in Phuket SHA hotels during the 14 day period? Did the Gazette on Monday clarify this?

• Haha 1

It also emerged yesterday that bookings for accommodation must be made and pre-paid through the SHA+ website HERE. This has caused a few delays for prospective travelers that had earlier booked their accommodation through an OTA.

I cancelled my hotel reservations made through Expedia.com. I am NOT making new reservations through the SHA+ site. Enough is enough. Going elsewhere for my vacation. Buh-bye, Phuket.

• Like 1
  • Cool 2

18 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

Airplane EY430 - 37 passengers 
Airplane QR840 - 116 passengers 
Airplane LY87 - 101 passengers 
Airplane SQ736 - 46 passengers 
Airplane EY431 - ???

i can assume if EY430 is empty, EY431 would be cancelled

Interesting as the manifests add up to exactly 300. I hate round numbers.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ratzig said:

How did the TAT official get the number that there are 1,500 confirmed passengers flying into Phuket on July 1st ? I was also informed that the COE application would take 11-12 working days to process (6 days pre Sandbox). It just tells us that the Thai officials are trying to drum up the reopening like a hardcore salesman.......buy now or you would regret when it is sold and all gone! Amazing Thailand!!! (indeed)

Any Suggestions?

i have one, but you not gonna like it... stay put until you read news from Phuket for at least couple of weeks. Seriously, i would trade places with you for a next 30 days if i could, but i just love it here too much

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AussieBob said:

My suggestion is to wait and watch.  If it goes 'breasts up', I think it will do so within the month.  If it goes OK then it might last til October, and then it will be 'open doors' to all Thailand, and the pigs will be fully fed and ready to fly. 

I think i just seconded you Bob on this in last reply, i would not recommend people becoming a guinea pigs right now. what's the reason? my friend was driving overnight to Phuket, but he's got a middle age crisis and his car is Porsche convertible. He also think that GoGo bar girls in Phuket are extremely ho^%$ right now because they were out of work for so long.... i said: "sure, have a nice trip!"

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, HRPuckinfutz said:

I cancelled my hotel reservations made through Expedia.com. I am NOT making new reservations through the SHA+ site. Enough is enough. Going elsewhere for my vacation. Buh-bye, Phuket.

I was quite frustrated when I read about the idea of having to "re-register" through the SHA+ website and was ready to say forget it.  So I went to the SHA+ website and picked two different hotels and was not able to book at either hotel.  There was no option for booking a hotel as far as I could see at that moment. 

Then my "Sandbox" COE "Approved" arrived but requested information on where I was staying and I uploaded the receipts from a regular travel booking site (like Expedia) and 3 minutes after that my COE was approved and I was able to print it out.  I know the Thaiger article said you needed to go through the website but the Embassy let my choice of booking company slide right on by as acceptable.

• 2 weeks later...

Just arrived in Phuket.

I used the Phuket Sandbox website to find, and book my SHA Plus+ hotel.

It connected me directly with the hotel, and I paid for my Covid tests directly to the hotel, and they also provided me with my SHABA paper within 2 hours!

Just now, sasao77 said:

Just arrived in Phuket.

It connected me directly with the hotel, and I paid for my Covid tests directly to the hotel, and they also provided me with my SHABA paper within 2 hours!

Sorry the https://asq.in.th/phuket-sandbox-hotels website (not sure why the link didnt work the first post).

22 minutes ago, sasao77 said:

Just arrived in Phuket.

Tell us how it all goes after 2 weeks - a daily summary maybe??

• Haha 1