Is Bangkok open right now to tourists?

TonyToneToni

Question: Does anyone know what are the requirements to fly into Bangkok now? [ not to go to the Phuket Sandbox, but to stay in Bangkok ] The last time I checked tourists had to do the 14 day hotel quarantine, then they were free to move about. Is this still the case, or has it changed?     I originally planned to go to Bangkok a couple of months ago [ not just as a tourist, I'm on a mission- I am going to propose to my gf ]   but the14 days sitting alone in a hotel made me cancel that plan... lets call that Plan A.  Then they came up with the Phuket Sandbox and that became Plan B.  At first it was great, I would fly my lady there and I could propose on a secluded beach...how romantic!  Plus we could be together and roam the island. ....Then Plan B began to unravel....first, I would have to fly directly to Phuket instead of thru Bangkok, which is more expensive and more hassle for me. But I was willing to do it. Then there was obstacle after obstacle thrown in- I'm vaccinated- she isn't so she would have to be there 14 days, [ okay I could do that too ] All the covid tests, all the paperwork, tracking app, everything closed, all the constantly changing information and confusion, I was willing to endure. I dont need the Phuket nightlife [ although it would be fun ] All I need is to be with my lady, a room and some food. We can have drinks in our room and don't need or want to be around others.  I was ready to roll with all of it, even though it was getting more troublesome and expensive. Plus I am having to constantly rearrange my vacation and work schedule here at home.  But then they said we cannot stay in a room together unless we were married and I threw up my hands, literally, along with some colorful language. There goes Plan B down the toilet........ Frustration is a major understatement.  Suddenly Plan A is looking good again. So, Plan C is a modified Plan A-go to Bangkok, chill in a hotel for 14 days alone [ which blows ] and then get to see my lady for 4 days and propose.     Plan D is to wait until whoever is making these decisions, gets their act together, but that might be 2022 before that happens.  I would really appreciate any constructive information.......Thanks

• Like 1

I have another question- how does it work for unvaccinated Thai nationals going to Phuket? As long as the covid test is negative are they okay to go? Also do they have to stay 14 days before leaving Phuket?

• 2 weeks later...

Give Thailand a miss for the rest of this year, it's an absolute disaster zone.  Many of the younger Thais want out if they have the means to get a foreign visa.

I am flying out of BKK airport at 7 am on July 20th.  Will the Bangkok restrictions affect me having my driver take me from Huahin to the airport if I leave Huahin at midnight?  Thanks for any info.  Doug. 

1 hour ago, dbeatty333 said:

I am flying out of BKK airport at 7 am on July 20th.  Will the Bangkok restrictions affect me having my driver take me from Huahin to the airport if I leave Huahin at midnight?  Thanks for any info.  Doug. 

That's a difficult one to answer here.  Bangkok's claytons-lockdown could (or should) become a total closure at any time.  However there will be certain movements permitted for essential services, personnel and travellers.

You would be best advised to make inquiries direct with your transport operator or HH Police and check for updates daily.  The night-time curfew may prevent transit thu the city and require you to do so in daylight with adequate proof of intent, ie copy of ticket, vax or pcr certificate etc. 

Good luck.