News Forum - YOU can voice your opinion on Thailand in PR online survey

Thaiger

If you ever wanted a chance for your voice to be heard about Thailand – and judging from our comments section, a lot of you really, really do – now is your chance! Simple click here and fill out the impressively-catchy named survey “Foreigners’ Awareness, Confidence in Important Government Policies, and Perceived Image of Thailand.” The thoroughly titled survey was put together by the PR department of the Thai government in order the gather the opinions and ideas of foreigners about a variety of topics concerning Thailand today. Don’t get too excited though: the questionnaire is only multiple choice and […]

The story YOU can voice your opinion on Thailand in PR online survey as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I did like the questions: do you think that Thais are trustworthy? And do you think Thais have a good education level?

Lol left high school because I got pregnant

Edited by ronnie666
  • Like 1

I'm happy they actually put out a survey and they deserve credit for that, but it was clearly structured to hear what they want to hear.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Perceived Image of Thailand.

When you go to the PRD website where the survey is, how come the 'Next" button is only in Thai  -  ถัดไป   🤣🤣🤣 

I didn't even bother to look at the questions. I'm sure there isn't one asking how much common sense Thai web designers have.

• Like 2

The questionnaire about Thailand claims that all responses are completely confidential, though it does seem to require an email address to submit the survey.

That website will get hacked within a week and your email address will be used by visa agencies to spam you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I didn't even bother to look at the questions. I'm sure there isn't one asking how much common sense Thai web designers have.

You missed questions like:

Thailand is a country that promotes democracy.
Thai people are hard working.
Thai people have a good level of education.

Finally you have the chance to give your opinion and you let it go?

38 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

When you go to the PRD website where the survey is, how come the 'Next" button is only in Thai  -  ถัดไป

In English for me. NEXT.

• Haha 2

Nothing but a naive attempt to gather data that purports to represent the feelings of Dirty Farangs. You can bet your life that every family member of the Cabinet, the government and all the paper pushers who depend on the government for their pay will fill in glowing responses to the questions. It is dead in the water as a believable survey & I for one ain't giving my email address to anyone connected with the faux government.

19 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

I think I'll leave this well alone!

They really wouldn't want to hear my views.😉

I’m guessing nor does anyone else! 

32 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Would be great if one question was what exactly do you moaning piss poor forum expats need to stop you spending 95% of your life whining like a sulking 9 year old 🤔

Intriguing... of 14 posts on this topic, 3 of them are yours, all moaning about expats moaning. I am not the last one to give my opinion (that does not mean moaning) on the political regime here or decisions / actions from authorities, however I personally love Thailand (not all of it like I do not like all of any country) and Thai people (not all of them like I do not like all people from any country) and I do not really like etiher the constant bashing I regularly read on this forum. But how posts moaning about people moaning are better and certainly not the same waste of time? I ignore them, perhaps you should try that. But for a change, with this post I am moaning about people moaning about other people moaning... nope, it does not make feel better....won't do it again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Manu said:

Intriguing... of 14 posts on this topic, 3 of them are yours, all moaning about expats moaning. I am not the last one to give my opinion (that does not mean moaning) on the political regime here or decisions / actions from authorities, however I personally love Thailand (not all of it like I do not like all of any country) and Thai people (not all of them like I do not like all people from any country) and I do not really like etiher the constant bashing I regularly read on this forum. But how posts moaning about people moaning are better and certainly not the same waste of time? I ignore them, perhaps you should try that. But for a change, with this post I am moaning about people moaning about other people moaning... nope, it does not make feel better....won't do it again.

Ha

For what it's worth from your posts, I think you do the proper amount of moaning 555

Like you said, we all will moan. I bitch a ton the way Vancouver is run, worst run city I have ever lived in........

On 8/2/2022 at 9:07 PM, ronnie666 said:

I did like the questions: do you think that Thais are trustworthy? 

This one got me laughing

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

This one got me laughing

Seems they not sure themselves (they probably thought or they are themselves trustworthy) 🤣

On 8/2/2022 at 6:24 PM, Thaiger said:

The questionnaire about Thailand claims that all responses are completely confidential, though it does seem to require an email address to submit the survey.

That claim is valid from the perspective of the survey customer: the request for an e-mail address is one made by Google (as claimed by Google: "in order to support automatic saves", and it was made mandatory in 2021 even though not everyone values auto-saving and even though there are technical alternatives that are anonymous -- in a nut-shell, it's "just" Google doing the thing it's been doing for the past 1-2 decades).

I finished the questionnaire just to make sure the customer (PR section of Thai government) didn't sneak in its own question about an e-mail address. It didn't (good!)

PS: every question gave me troubles answering it. A simple example: when asked about accuracy of news outputs (in one question) and their reliability (in another question) , should I base my answer on what most people (probably including the customer) think those terms mean, or on what they actually mean? To keep things simple, I'll put it in a much oversimplified nutshell: all news is (very) reliably (very) inaccurate.

Edited by Chatogaster