News Forum - Chon Buri man shoots and kills stepson over noise

Thaiger

A Chon Buri man claims he shot and killed his stepson in a fit of rage over the stepson’s loud music this past week. The stepfather, 58 year old Dairat Saelim, shot his stepson 36 year old Prasert Santalulai in his chest and right arm, killing him on the spot in their front yard in the Bor Thong district. Dairat told police that he had raised Prasert since he was 1 year old, and he loved him “like my son”. He said, however, that they often quarrelled over Prasert’s loud music. Dairat said he had been consumed with anger when […]

The story Chon Buri man shoots and kills stepson over noise as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Sounds like this kid maybe had it coming if he was continually doing it day in and day out for all hours of the day. Noise will drive people batty.

• Like 2

stepsons generally push the boundaries against their stepfathers because they can, comments like your not my real father are in so many movies,. it looks like this time he pushed his stepdad to far with this continual noise, Personally retrospectivelly the mother should have sorted this out between them as only she could. Now one teen is dead and one stepdads in jail so the wive has no one, not a good result.

11 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Sounds like this kid maybe had it coming if he was continually doing it day in and day out for all hours of the day. Noise will drive people batty.

I lost my S*it the other morning as the neighbors decided to cut down all their trees early in the morning with chainsaws.....of course they totally ignored me as i gave them the death stare in my shorts....

• Haha 1

One wonders if a heart to heart discussion might have helped, in a situation like this? Or getting the daughter involved? And if the young man still refused to cooperate, then choose to evict him, over taking his life. 

Talking can not finish all problems i see parents talk to a 3 year old not to trow his toys on the floor they tell him about 4 time not to do that it was not nice .hit him on the hand and he will learn and take that lesson when he grow up.here kids can do what they want nobody care or correct them  then this is the result  

Edited by Prosaap

17 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

I lost my S*it the other morning as the neighbors decided to cut down all their trees early in the morning with chainsaws.....of course they totally ignored me as i gave them the death stare in my shorts....

Whatever you have in your shorts can stare ??? 😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, dmacarelli said:

One wonders if a heart to heart discussion might have helped, in a situation like this? Or getting the daughter involved? And if the young man still refused to cooperate, then choose to evict him, over taking his life. 

He did invite the shooter to shoot him - bravado comes at a price it seems 🤔

Noise can make humans do odd things. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Our species isn't the most succinct and developed......

Still have a long way to go.

4 hours ago, Benroon said:

I would have to say in general, it is always a good idea to avoid inviting someone to shoot you. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Benroon said:

Whatever you have in your shorts can stare ??? 😳

yep   one eyed trouser mouse...and it was the evil eye...

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 9:30 AM, Thaiger said:

A Chon Buri man claims he shot and killed his stepson in a fit of rage over the stepson’s loud music this past week.

Strange, usually Thai ears aren't that sensitive to noise.

On 7/31/2022 at 11:57 PM, PapayaBokBok said:

Unfortunately past 8 am is open season for noise.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Unfortunately past 8 am is open season for noise.

6am our way, 5am if they have a wedding or funeral day or some other "Thai" day, 

Mind they put up with my music, Beach Boys, Deep Purple etc isn't something they really understand at 6am either. They seem to like Country and Western though.

5 minutes ago, palooka said:

6am our way, 5am if they have a wedding or funeral day or some other "Thai" day, 

Mind they put up with my music, Beach Boys, Deep Purple etc isn't something they really understand at 6am either. They seem to like Country and Western though.

Nowt wrong with Beach Boys.........but Led Z?????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, palooka said:

Temples are notorious for creating an earlier than thou no one wants to hear anything at the ungodly hour of 4 or 5 in the morning, and then there are schools who overstep things with music and loud speakers about 7am. But I will give you one thing, I wouldn’t be too happy hearing Deep Purple blaring at 6am as well. Hahahahaha. Yeah, but I can understand weddings and funerals. Once upon a time in the long past I did stay in a village here. Unfortunately this kid overstepped his line and paid the price for it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, palooka said:

They seem to like Country and Western though.

What kind of music u guys play here?  we got both kinds...country AND western!  rawhide!...

• Like 1