News Forum - Russian airline Aeroflot resuming flights from Moscow to Phuket

Thaiger

After halting flights due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Aeroflot is now planning on relaunching service from Russia to Phuket. The Russian airline will start its daily flight service from Moscow to Phuket on October 30, to shepherd Russians to the tropics to escape the cold of winter. Earlier this year, Aeroflot was joined with other Russian airlines in cancelling their international flight schedules, and flights from Russia to Phuket have been suspended since March. Before Covid, Russian tourists have traditionally been a major demographic in Phuket, and authorities were hoping to see one million travellers from Russia in […]

The story Russian airline Aeroflot resuming flights from Moscow to Phuket as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

I wonder if they’ll be using the hundreds of leased planes that they’ve been using in Russia against the owners wished. Look up on YouTube 'The Biggest Theft in History’ where Russia's refused to give back 500 leased planes. Thai greed will let Russians back into Thailand not caring that the Russians are illegally holding $12 billion worth of leased planes. Please fact check this if you don’t believe.  

• Like 5

I'm not convinced of the genuiness of this story, or indeed its credibility. I'm not convinced that the US and others will allow sanction busting measures. Aeroflot operate Boing aircraft, and I don't believe that they will provide technical assistance, spares etc.  I think this is click bait and or wishful thinking. If these aircraft operate outside of Russia and land, then they will most likely be required to be impounded, as most if not all these aircraft have defaulted on lease agreements/ stolen in effect 

Edited by BIGGLES
  • Like 4

I am not sure I would be too keen on flying on an Aeroflot Boing which spares have been on an embargo for for a while now. after all what could possibly go wrong. Guessing though the Thai authorities are just seeing money and as usual in Thailand cash is king. 

• Like 4

Its a National disgrace that the Thais are allowing these flights.   Coming after their new 'relationship' with the Saudis and their groveling to China, have they no principles at all? 

• Like 6

The aircraft repo man is licking his chops after hearing about this. Those Boeing and Airbus aircraft do not belong to the Russian airlines. Perhaps it is a way to lure the aircraft out of Russia for repossession back to the leasing companies. If that is the case I will LMAO. Poor Russians could get stuck in Thailand again with no way home. That being said I would be very disappointed with the Thai government for money over values. At the very least ban that stupid "Z" symbol in Thailand. Someone could end up getting lights out if it offends the wrong person

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, BigKat said:

The aircraft repo man is licking his chops after hearing about this. Those Boeing and Airbus aircraft do not belong to the Russian airlines. Perhaps it is a way to lure the aircraft out of Russia for repossession back to the leasing companies. If that is the case I will LMAO. Poor Russians could get stuck in Thailand again with no way home. That being said I would be very disappointed with the Thai government for money over values. At the very least ban that stupid "Z" symbol in Thailand. Someone could end up getting lights out if it offends the wrong person

Are you serious? Do you believe the Russians are so clueless as use a plane that is liable to be impounded, courting international embarrassment and financial costs to repatriate the passengers and crew etc. I get it - Russia bad blah blah blah. You need to understand that this is a business decision not a military decision. And your disappointment with the Thai government will be fulfilled - when have they ever done the right thing when the choice is between morals or money? 

• Like 2

Given the announcement is from the TAT, who even knows if it's reality or exists on the extensive wish list of batsh*t crazy ideas to fulful some estimate that that has never been hit, ever.

That said, I hope it's not true from a selfish point of view. Russians generally make for the rudest visitors to Phuket.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 11:42 AM, Giltee said:

I wonder if they’ll be using the hundreds of leased planes that they’ve been using in Russia against the owners wished. Look up on YouTube 'The Biggest Theft in History’ where Russia's refused to give back 500 leased planes. Thai greed will let Russians back into Thailand not caring that the Russians are illegally holding $12 billion worth of leased planes. Please fact check this if you don’t believe.  

Isn’t sanctions from the west the same in nature ? They don’t distinguish private investments and state owned. Just lump them together and seized ownership of anybody they like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Artemis080 said:

Given the announcement is from the TAT, who even knows if it's reality or exists on the extensive wish list of batsh*t crazy ideas to fulful some estimate that that has never been hit, ever.

That said, I hope it's not true from a selfish point of view. Russians generally make for the rudest visitors to Phuket.

Bear in mind no dates are given ie, it’s more bullshit devoid of detail. I think they call it clickbait.

If the Thai govt prevented the big airlines from impounding their own jets it would have severe repercussions incl no future sales to Thailand. Whilst I can’t believe I’m typing this, even a dictatorship isn’t that stupid. 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 12:10 AM, KomanderChicknNugget said:

Glad I got to spend some time in Phuket this summer while it was still free of Russian scum.

Compared to the almost always loud, f***witted and arrogant Yanks, Poms and Aussies the Russians might be considered saints....

Edited by DesperateOldHand
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 11:10 AM, KomanderChicknNugget said:

Glad I got to spend some time in Phuket this summer while it was still free of Russian scum.

Russians are not scums, your comment is scum.

Edited by Shishi
Grammer

46 minutes ago, Shishi said:

Russians are not scums, your comment is scum.

Every Russian I've encountered in Thailand pretty much keeps them to themselves and the group they are travelling with 

Never had or seen them make any problems in Thailand 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Every Russian I've encountered in Thailand pretty much keeps them to themselves and the group they are travelling with 

Never had or seen them make any problems in Thailand 

❤️👍 Like wise, Ran out of allowable likes today otherwise you deserve a million ❤️.