Private hospitals in Thailand to offer Moderna vaccine packages for 3,400 baht

Thaiger

survivability of a person with AIDS is 99.995% per the Lancet.  In other words, people with weakened immune systems survive 99.995% of the time.  Imagine what the % is for people who don't have AIDS

Age is the biggest risk factor for dying from this disease.  Quarantine and vaccinate the at-risk populations, and move on.  You don't have to vaccinate 70% of society to effectively move on.  Madness all over the world.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30854-0/fulltext

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stardust said:

Maybe you never worked in south east asia thats why you have no experience.

Only extensively in Hong Kong, Brunei, Indonesia and Cambodia, including for and with their governments and for the UN. No experience at all, really, but it's completely irrelevant anyway.

It's $100.

If that's more than you think your life's worth because it may be a scam, fine - in your case, you're very probably right.

No serious and reliable company or organization will handle it on that way and that smells.

Really?  They'd all pay over $20 million dollars in advance for vaccines that they have no confirmed buyers for and that they can pre-sell to buyers?

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

Wrong again they received the money from USA, Australia, etc! 

Your imagination really has got the better of you.

The "money from USA" given so far ($30 million) has not been for vaccines, but for equipment and training.  Their vaccine donation is of 500 million doses to 92 low / low-middle income countries, including Thailand. None have arrived anywhere yet.

Australia has donated 68 million baht / $2.8 million to Thailand,  but for "technical assistance from the Australian TGA and the NCIR&S" and to "support the WHO to improve vaccine related data collection systems in Thailand".

Again, not vaccines

I'm sorry, I  don't want to be offensive but you're simply saying uninformed nonsense which is totally untrue.

By the way Thaiger wrote about it too

By the way, Thaiger didn't - they reported it correctly.

2 hours ago, kmc said:

survivability of a person with AIDS is 99.995% per the Lancet.  In other words, people with weakened immune systems survive 99.995% of the time.  Imagine what the % is for people who don't have AIDS

Age is the biggest risk factor for dying from this disease.  Quarantine and vaccinate the at-risk populations, and move on.  You don't have to vaccinate 70% of society to effectively move on.  Madness all over the world.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30854-0/fulltext

Your link doesn't say that or anything remotely like it - you've either completely misunderstood the first chart, or  you've just taken what you've been told at face value even though it's so obviously wrong.

The chart this comes from is the first, Figure 1, which breaks down the "prevalence of underlying conditions" of those dying from Covid in their study and it's the only time in the paper HIV or Aids is mentioned.

Of those under 70,  2.3% had heart disease, 2.2% had diabetes, 0.9% had high BMI, etc. and  0.005% had HIV or Aids.

That means that 99.995% who died of Covid didn't have HIV or Aids. 

It DOESN'T mean that "survivability of a person with AIDS is 99.995%"!

UN-B-LIEVABLE!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

9 hours ago, Stonker said:

Registration for vaccines from Chulabhorn is for organisations / companies / agencies only, not individuals, so unless you're applying for your company and your employees you're unlikely to be approved.

It is only possible to register as a company so yes, I did apply as such.

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Zuellig Pharma, Moderna's supply partner for COVID-19 vaccines in Southeast Asia, said on Tuesday that regional orders for the mRNA vaccine were almost fully booked for this year, highlighting procurement challenges for countries slow off the mark.

maybe they should sign a contract before asking for payment?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LivinginTH said:

Would be nice if the Chulabhorn would answer the phone but they did not the last few days at least. I registered 3 weeks ago at Chulabhorn but the status never changed from 'consideration for allocation'. I would like to know when and where and how but they do not respond. Other than that i hear several foreigners being vaccinated alteady and that there are several websites to register, also mentioned by Tim today in good morning Thailand. He promised to list the websites to register for vaccine's below the video but that didnt happen. I can't find any other than the Chulabhorn Royal Academy for people having a workpermit and a business, which i have but no respons anymore after registring and after 3 weeks not even approved yet.  The other is Thailand intervac website where people over 60 can register. Would be nice if someone can clearly list places where we can indeed register if below 50, healthy and having a workpermit or not. Please help, Thailand advices to get a vaccine but please tell me how... 

@stonker has provided great information - hope it helps.  I will also add to what @stonker sais and say that you should not expect Thailand to be so organised, because it never will be, and expecting them to be organised only leads to frustration.  Good luck with it all - hope it happens quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Stonker said:

Your link doesn't say that or anything remotely like it - you've either completely misunderstood the first chart, or  you've just taken what you've been told at face value even though it's so obviously wrong.

The chart this comes from is the first, Figure 1, which breaks down the "prevalence of underlying conditions" of those dying from Covid in their study and it's the only time in the paper HIV or Aids is mentioned.

Of those under 70,  2.3% had heart disease, 2.2% had diabetes, 0.9% had high BMI, etc. and  0.005% had HIV or Aids.

That means that 99.995% who died of Covid didn't have HIV or Aids. 

It DOESN'T mean that "survivability of a person with AIDS is 99.995%"!

UN-B-LIEVABLE!!!!!

Patience mate. There is a lot of misinformation out there and some people panic and focus only on the bad stuff.  Others are just ah***s and deliberately stirring things up - sociopaths.  Gently help those panicking and ignore the sociopaths is my advice.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Zuellig Pharma, Moderna's supply partner for COVID-19 vaccines in Southeast Asia, said on Tuesday that regional orders for the mRNA vaccine were almost fully booked for this year, highlighting procurement challenges for countries slow off the mark.

maybe they should sign a contract before asking for payment?

Nail on the head @AlexPTY the biggest problem in Thailand is that the Govt waited until they had negotiated a deal whereby Thailand became the manufacturer and distributor for the AZ vaccine - for the company owned by he who shall not be named. At the time they had C19 under control in their defence. But as we westerners all know, if you have all your eggs in the one basket and sometime goes wrong (like Songran) .....................  Plan B is not something that is well understood in Thailand I am afraid - they focus on the here and now too much. 

Australia has been ordering vaccines for a lot longer period, but their supplies are being 'cut off' in favour of doses now going to third world countries - after what happened and is still happening in India. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mick said:

Yes, just contact a private hospital and pay. They will give youvall the details and thecrequired booking form.

Thanks for that . . . I'm sure Gary will appreciate your speedy help.

Hello, Mick and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

3 hours ago, Mick said:

Yes, just contact a private hospital and pay. They will give youvall the details and thecrequired booking form.

Unfortunately it's nowhere near as simple as that, as many (most?) private hospitals, including the biggest (the Bangkok Hospital group), aren't part of the scheme so they'll simply tell you they don't know rather than who is.

Just don't get put off, and "shop around" - if people here know which hospitals are and can help point others in the right direction, as @osvenision did with Thainakarin and I tried to do in Chiang Mai, I think that would help a lot more than the constant and frankly moronic " it's a scam".

It's a pity the Private Hospitals Association don't just publish a list of who's in the scheme and buying / selling Moderna, but ... well ... they haven't.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Nail on the head @AlexPTY the biggest problem in Thailand is that the Govt waited until they had negotiated a deal whereby Thailand became the manufacturer and distributor for the AZ vaccine - for the company owned by he who shall not be named. At the time they had C19 under control in their defence. But as we westerners all know, if you have all your eggs in the one basket and sometime goes wrong (like Songran) .....................  Plan B is not something that is well understood in Thailand I am afraid - they focus on the here and now too much. 

Australia has been ordering vaccines for a lot longer period, but their supplies are being 'cut off' in favour of doses now going to third world countries - after what happened and is still happening in India. 

Nailed it, @AussieBob.  The problem's a lot more fundamental than just not ordering alternatives last year, but it's something that can't be discussed here.

• Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

8 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Nailed it, @AussieBob.  The problem's a lot more fundamental than just not ordering alternatives last year, but it's something that can't be discussed here.

Thanks. And that in my opinion is the biggest factor holding Thailand back from being a serious economic and social powerhouse in SEAsia - the inability to criticise certain members of society. And I dont mean just the top level - I mean all 'senior' levels of Thai society with money and influence, who use those laws to stiffle criticism and exposure. I certainly do not agree with the open slather approach we have taken in the west - it has gone way too far and the media should be shut down - they and the public do not have the right to know everything. The media in the west is so powerful that they can directly cause the death of one of the most loved persons on the planet (Diana) and still not have any of their 'freedoms' removed or even reduced. I do not want Thailand to become like the west - I want them to protect their institutions and society values - but I want them to stop allowing certain people to hide those laws not really meant to protect them from criticism and exposure. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Patience mate. There is a lot of misinformation out there and some people panic and focus only on the bad stuff.  Others are just ah***s and deliberately stirring things up - sociopaths.  Gently help those panicking and ignore the sociopaths is my advice.

Sorry, @AussieBob but sometimes my patience with the "ah***s"  wears thin.

Why bang on about it being a "scam" because people are asked to pay $100 in advance rather than the hospitals paying over $20 million in advance? Is that really the value people put on their lives?

As for the "99.995% survivability" from Covid for someone with Aids, claiming that was what was said in  the Lancet, how can anyone lie quite so unashamedly and stupidly?  It's like saying that because only 30 people are shot and killed in the UK every year and that's 0.00005% of the population so there's  99.99995% survivability if you're shot and killed!  It'd be funny if only it wasn't so dangerous.?

Rant over ?

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 minute ago, AussieBob said:

Thanks. And that in my opinion is the biggest factor holding Thailand back from being a serious economic and social powerhouse in SEAsia - the inability to criticise certain members of society. And I dont mean just the top level - I mean all 'senior' levels of Thai society with money and influence, who use those laws to stiffle criticism and exposure. I certainly do not agree with the open slather approach we have taken in the west - it has gone way too far and the media should be shut down - they and the public do not have the right to know everything. The media in the west is so powerful that they can directly cause the death of one of the most loved persons on the planet (Diana) and still not have any of their 'freedoms' removed or even reduced. I do not want Thailand to become like the west - I want them to protect their institutions and society values - but I want them to stop allowing certain people to hide those laws not really meant to protect them from criticism and exposure. 

Agreed 100%, @AussieBob (but I think you typo'd and meant "hide behind"), but it's possible things are changing.

Look at Andy Hall and Natural Fruit, as the final judgement may have changed a few things although it took a lot to get there, as well as Thanathorn's criticism that was allowed by the courts.

If rumours are true, and who knows, maybe things will change more quickly.

• Thanks 1

All I did was pay AU$160 to a hospital that I have used many times albeit  a bit expensive to hopefully get a vaccine to extend an old pricks life and I have created WWIII .. but they do have a 3 piece band in the foyer on the weekends :)

In the end its all about personal choice and that sort of money means jack to me if I lose it.. I used to spend that 3-4 times a week in my early years here (don't tell the wife) and I'm sure many here making comments are in the same boat .. :)

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Sanji said:

Hi, May I know where can we register for Sinopharm? Thanks! 

Just go to any 7/11 no body wants it so they will  offload it .

• Haha 1

it is certainly good news but probably most foreigners who try this route won't get the jab until Oct or later? it would be highly appreciated if they can be exempted from reporting 90 days or visa extension until then to avoid crowding for this purpose

• Haha 1

I have registered my phone number with St Mary and Bangkok hospital to tell me if we can get registered and have not heard anything from Bangkok hospital and St Mary does not know when they will start registration.  Where is the closets member of the Private hospital association  in Korat Province?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cecelia said:

I have registered my phone number with St Mary and Bangkok hospital to tell me if we can get registered and have not heard anything from Bangkok hospital and St Mary does not know when they will start registration.  Where is the closets member of the Private hospital association  in Korat Province?

Good question and I'm sorry to reply that I don't have the answer. You could try Googling <private hospitals thailand> and see what that opens up.

Hello, Cecelia and welcome to Thaiger Talk

I see you've already told us a little about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

Any news on what certificate the hospitals will issue after Vaccination?  Need something to get back into Europe without the need to quarantine

• 4 weeks later...

Registered 2 weeks ago for my vaccine in Soi Dao, Chantaburi. Today was the day; ID card, yellow house book, passport, BP taken, forms filled in, #3 in queue. Got to nurse at vax desk, she made a phone call. "No vaccine for me, because I'm a foreigner"! Wasted 2 hours plus felt like I'd been spat on!

My wife and family are fuming. At least they understand now why we despise these corrupt, dumb sycophants.

• Like 2

3400 baht..... for us it's not a big deal, but for the local Thai people, how many of them can afford it?

Oh yes, Sinovac is free. Then they will tell you how "effective" it is while the whole world know it's useless.