Private hospitals in Thailand to offer Moderna vaccine packages for 3,400 baht

Thaiger

Those in Thailand will be able to reserve a package of the 2-dose Moderna Covid-19 vaccine for 3,400 baht, according to the Private Hospital Association. Member hospitals agreed on the set price to cover both doses of the US-made Covid-19 vaccine as well as the service fee and insurance. Pre-paid bookings open up on Thursday while the vaccine deliveries are expected for October. Advance bookings will give the association an idea of how many vaccine doses are needed. The order with go through the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation and hospitals are required to pay the organisation by the end of July, […]

The post Private hospitals in Thailand to offer Moderna vaccine packages for 3,400 baht appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This whole think smells. Go to the PHA website and you get a warning that it is an unsafe site. Chiang Mai Ram & Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai have no idea about such availability and have no supplies & are not taking reservations or deposits.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

The scam developes. Keep the vaccines back and the private hospitals will sell them for B3400.

The private hospitals that are owned by monetary supporters of the government???

Edited by TobyAndrews
mistake
  • Cool 1

Isn't there an article today already stating the vaccine quota for this particular vaccine has already been met and no more will be available in Asia, if so how will they be purchasing it for a possible roll out in October. Sounds like send us your money then we will apologise and keep you waiting until next year with your money in our account. Call me cynical maybe.... 

• Like 2

Moderna SE Asia partner says vaccine supplies booked until year-end

Above posted in Bangkok Post today . Says it all to me .

• Like 1
  • Cool 1
  • Angry 1

30 minutes ago, Pompies said:

This whole think smells. Go to the PHA website and you get a warning that it is an unsafe site. Chiang Mai Ram & Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai have no idea about such availability and have no supplies & are not taking reservations or deposits.

Seems everything is falling apart no matter how hard they try - amazing Thailand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Those in Thailand will be able to reserve a package of the 2-dose Moderna Covid-19 vaccine for 3,400 baht, according to the Private Hospital Association.

How?

19 minutes ago, Stonker said:

How?

Good question. No answer - but I have an idea.  Back in May the Royal King's Sister gave approval for the Chulabhorn Royal Academy Hospital she sponsors to import vaccine doses and thus bypassing all the Government rules and regulations slowing everything down. This has resulted in a general impetus for interested private hospitals to join the approval/program.  The process was slowed down of course while they 'discussed' things like pricing and delivery and implementation etc etc etc.  Who knows what will happen going forward - but some people are happy to pay so that they can get vaccinated in a private hospital - and probably quicker than waiting for the public provision. 

If anyone is interested I suggest that they contact their local private hospital and ask if they are going to be supplying moderna vaccines at the agreed price, or maybe contact Chulabhorn Royal Academy and ask them about it.  

• Like 1

Called Vichaiyut and WMH and both said appointments were full. Sure wish "reporters" would do a bit of digging before buying such announcements. This sort of reporting on "availability" for farangs has been going on since early June and every one of the schemes has proven to be an illusion or wish without substance.

I would like to know where can register tired if all of it I have underlying issues every day more is more risk because more are infected

I just paid 3,800 for Moderna at Thainakarin and will need to pay for the nurses to do the two jabs!

But have to wait as only available Oct-Dec!

29 minutes ago, ozvenision said:

I just paid 3,800 for Moderna at Thainakarin and will need to pay for the nurses to do the two jabs!

To pay in advance before they even received their delivery seams a bit risky in Thailand , especially if they say maybe in October. I never see Thais pay something back if they not deliver, when they received the money already.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Those in Thailand will be able to reserve a package of the 2-dose Moderna Covid-19 vaccine for 3,400 baht, according to the Private Hospital Association. Member hospitals agreed on the set price to cover both doses of the US-made Covid-19 vaccine as well as the service fee and insurance. Pre-paid bookings open up on Thursday while the vaccine deliveries are expected for October. Advance bookings will give the association an idea of how many vaccine doses are needed. The order with go through the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation and hospitals are required to pay the organisation by the end of July, […]

The post Private hospitals in Thailand to offer Moderna vaccine packages for 3,400 baht appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Can Thaiger figure out where the donated vaccines like moderna, Biontech Pfizer etc goes that Thailand receives from USA, Germany, europe etc. (G7 summit). This smells like a scam

• Angry 1

2 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Good question. No answer - but I have an idea.  Back in May the Royal King's Sister gave approval for the Chulabhorn Royal Academy Hospital she sponsors to import vaccine doses and thus bypassing all the Government rules and regulations slowing everything down. This has resulted in a general impetus for interested private hospitals to join the approval/program.  The process was slowed down of course while they 'discussed' things like pricing and delivery and implementation etc etc etc.  Who knows what will happen going forward - but some people are happy to pay so that they can get vaccinated in a private hospital - and probably quicker than waiting for the public provision. 

If anyone is interested I suggest that they contact their local private hospital and ask if they are going to be supplying moderna vaccines at the agreed price, or maybe contact Chulabhorn Royal Academy and ask them about it.  

Would be nice if the Chulabhorn would answer the phone but they did not the last few days at least. I registered 3 weeks ago at Chulabhorn but the status never changed from 'consideration for allocation'. I would like to know when and where and how but they do not respond. Other than that i hear several foreigners being vaccinated alteady and that there are several websites to register, also mentioned by Tim today in good morning Thailand. He promised to list the websites to register for vaccine's below the video but that didnt happen. I can't find any other than the Chulabhorn Royal Academy for people having a workpermit and a business, which i have but no respons anymore after registring and after 3 weeks not even approved yet.  The other is Thailand intervac website where people over 60 can register. Would be nice if someone can clearly list places where we can indeed register if below 50, healthy and having a workpermit or not. Please help, Thailand advices to get a vaccine but please tell me how... 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Stardust said:

I never see Thais pay something back if they not deliver, when they received the money already.

Conversely, have you ever see Thais of the status of Thainakarin not pay something back if they not deliver, when they received the money already?

It happens all the time with Shopee and Lazada, just as an example, and I've had several refunds with no issues whatsoever.

The idea that a hospital / company the size of Thainakarin wouldn't give a full refund over this is about as absurd and unjustified as it gets.

What most depresses me about this sort of comment, though, is that despite all the weeping, wailing and whingeing by farangs here about vaccines and not being able to jump the queue by buying vaccines, when they're finally given the opportunity those complaining the most think it's "a bit risky" to pay a major hospital $100 in advance.

Maybe they're right, and their lives aren't worth risking $100 for.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Can Thaiger figure out where the donated vaccines like moderna, Biontech Pfizer etc goes that Thailand receives from USA, Germany, europe etc. (G7 summit). This smells like a scam

How?

Thailand hasn't received any yet!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LivinginTH said:

Would be nice if the Chulabhorn would answer the phone but they did not the last few days at least. I registered 3 weeks ago at Chulabhorn but the status never changed from 'consideration for allocation'. I would like to know when and where and how but they do not respond. Other than that i hear several foreigners being vaccinated alteady and that there are several websites to register, also mentioned by Tim today in good morning Thailand. He promised to list the websites to register for vaccine's below the video but that didnt happen. I can't find any other than the Chulabhorn Royal Academy for people having a workpermit and a business, which i have but no respons anymore after registring and after 3 weeks not even approved yet.  The other is Thailand intervac website where people over 60 can register. Would be nice if someone can clearly list places where we can indeed register if below 50, healthy and having a workpermit or not. Please help, Thailand advices to get a vaccine but please tell me how... 

Registration for vaccines from Chulabhorn is for organisations / companies / agencies only, not individuals, so unless you're applying for your company and your employees you're unlikely to be approved.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Conversely, have you ever see Thais of the status of Thainakarin not pay something back if they not deliver, when they received the money already?

It happens all the time with Shopee and Lazada, just as an example, and I've had several refunds with no issues whatsoever.

The idea that a hospital / company the size of Thainakarin wouldn't give a full refund over this is about as absurd and unjustified as it gets.

What most depresses me about this sort of comment, though, is that despite all the weeping, wailing and whingeing by farangs here about vaccines and not being able to jump the queue by buying vaccines, when they're finally given the opportunity those complaining the most think it's "a bit risky" to pay a major hospital $100 in advance.

You really want to tell to pay in advance something they not even have and received, maybe in October or december while all anouncements for the rollouts and delivery numbers were wrong. What me wonder is your comment. I think everybody who to work a while in south east asia or in projects where governments and even big organization were involved will tell you the opposite you said. I experienced where companies not get their money back or not get paid when they made projects and did or paid in advance! Wow I wondering , like I did when you assured all will be covert and is clear at the phuket sandbox. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stonker said:

How?

Thailand hasn't received any yet!

Then more clear for you "where they will go to" (money they already received)

4 hours ago, Pompies said:

If you're in Chiang Mai, the Lanna hospital in Chiang Mai is partnered with the Thonburi Group and will be doing Moderna.

Search for "lanna hospital moderna vaccine" and you'll get "Lanna-Thonburi Reserve Moderna Covid-19 Vaccine" and a page of explanation in Thai and English.

You can't register on the link on 'Line', but at least they'll know what you're talking about and you may get somewhere with a visit.

Doesn't help me (I'm in Loei!), but it may help you.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Stardust said:

You really want to tell to pay in advance something they not even have and received, maybe in October or december while all anouncements for the rollouts and delivery numbers were wrong.

From a major hospital like Thainakarin? 

Yes.  You may not think your life's worth risking $100 for (and I'd agree with you), but I think my own is.  If there's a delay and something else comes up, what have I lost?  At best nothing, at worst $100.

... and for what it's worth all anouncements for the rollouts and delivery numbers weren't wrong.  The announcement was for ten million doses - five in October, five in January.  The five in January are yet to be confirmed (edit: or denied)

What me wonder is your comment.

Sorry, you've lost me. My comment is what I wrote.

I think everybody who to work a while in south east asia or in projects where governments and even big organization were involved will tell you the opposite you said. I experienced where companies not get their money back or not get paid when they made projects and did or paid in advance! 

Possibly,  but so what? You're talking about two totally different sets of circumstances while I was careful to only refer to one ("over this ").

Wow I wondering , like I did when you assured all will be covert and is clear at the phuket sandbox. 

Sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what you mean by this as I have never "assured all will be covert and is clear at the phuket sandbox. "

It simply hasn't happened, and I've frequently said the complete opposite.

47 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Then more clear for you "where they will go to" (money they already receive)

That hasn't happened yet either - no funds  have been received yet.  Your imagination seems to have got the better of you.

As for where will the funds / vaccines go to I would have thought you'd know given your claimed experience.  The funds will go to the vaccine suppliers, usually in the donor countries, and the vaccines will then be easily traceable by batch number.

Edited by Stonker
as 'edit' in text

2 hours ago, ozvenision said:

Damed outragious! 

Does anyone believe that Thais are not the lying, cheating, scum of the Far East?

If you do not you are a Thai.

53 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Maybe you never worked in south east asia thats why you have no experience. You should talk with somebody from adb, kfw, worldbank or investbanks about the reality and advanced payments and losses in south east asia (also big losses through corruption) . If you want to be naive it is up to you, but dont expect that other people will follow. I do not support a scam especially because of misuse of the desperate situation of the people. Everybody could in Thailand experienced that for example with the masks hording while the hospitals run out of it. No serious and reliable company or organization will handle it on that way and that smells.

34 minutes ago, Stonker said:

From a major hospital like Thainakarin? 

Yes.  You may not think your life's worth risking $100 for (and I'd agree with you), but I think my own is.  If there's a delay and something else comes up, what have I lost?  At best nothing, at worst $100.

... and for what it's worth all anouncements for the rollouts and delivery numbers weren't wrong.  The announcement was for ten million doses - five in October, five in January.  The five in January are yet to be confirmed.

Sorry, you've lost me. My comment is what I wrote.

Possibly,  but so what? You're talking about two totally different sets of circumstances while I was careful to only refer to one ("over this ").

Sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what you mean by this as I have never "assured all will be covert and is clear at the phuket sandbox. "

It simply hasn't happened, and I've frequently said the complete opposite.

That hasn't happened yet either - no funds  have been received yet.  Your imagination seems to have got the better of you.

As for where will the funds / vaccines go to I would have thought you'd know given your claimed experience.  The funds will go to the vaccine suppliers, usually in the donor countries, and the vaccines will then be easily traceable by batch number.

Wrong again they received the money from USA, Australia etc.! By the way Thaiger wrote about it, too.