News Forum - Thai pop star flees to UK after fearing for her safety in Thailand

Thaiger

A controversial pop star from Thailand has relocated to the relative safe haven of the UK after fearing for her life. Constant fears of being incarcerated because of the clash between the kingdom’s conservatism and her contentious musical lyrics have driven Peeralada Sukawat from her homeland. It’s been something of a meteoric rise for the 29 year old musician, known to her fanbase as Pyra. The singer first came to national attention as a 9 year old child when she recorded her first hit, a nationalist song, A Hymn to Thai Mothers. The success spurred the precocious youngster to learn […]

The story Thai pop star flees to UK after fearing for her safety in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

“Here in the UK, everyone dresses as they like, everyone is free to express themselves, and no one questions me. I feel I belong here.”

That calls FREEDOM

• Like 2

This is only likely to happen more and more often. There is already a massive outflow of youth and talent. As long as a highly oppressive environment fostered by small men, who are very afraid, exisits, Thailand continues it's inevitable  march toward complete irrelevance. 

• Like 2

Headlines like this should greatly worry Pnut and Co. 

Not only on tourism but also on business investment assessment. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, palooka said:

Headlines like this should greatly worry Pnut and Co. 

Not only on tourism but also on business investment assessment. 

But, alas, it doesn't!

• Like 1

Another thing of freedom insane no bikini on the beach

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/news/no-bikinis-allowed-in-thailand/?amp=1

Problem is all these government people do not go with the time they stay hanging on the time they are young.. should replace them all with descent people of this time 

Edited by ronnie666

Good luck to her, the state of U.K. politics and the current government, aren’t a lot better than the dictators here in terms of quality so she’s going to be busy! 

I wonder what visa she’s on ? 

• Like 1

Just arrived in the UK and eager to "condemn Britain's immigration policy"...How about being thankful to the country that accepted her ? Some people think too much of themselves.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would personally stick her on Thai Airways back to Bangkok as soon as possible as her attitude is wrong especially as she admits she in safe country so she continues to disrespect the British Government etc rude woman end of 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LHW69 said:

I would personally stick her on Thai Airways back to Bangkok as soon as possible as her attitude is wrong especially as she admits she in safe country so she continues to disrespect the British Government etc rude woman end of 

Rude woman or an entertainer that knows what sells? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

38 minutes ago, LHW69 said:

Are you proud of the freedom of speech in the UK? Sure you are. So you deny her that freedom of speech then? I think you are mixing up "disrespecting" with "criticising". And sure the UK governement is totally respectful, starting with the Great Boris, who only British people are allowed to criticise according to you. Also you are in the wrong place here, a forum where most people, expats and people who do not even live in Thailand, are constantly bashing not only the Thai government but Thai people altogether. She now lives in the Uk so she has the right like everyone else living in that country to criticise whoever and whatever she wants, it is called freedom of speech, end of.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Yeah, that's what I thought too... But whichever she has the right to do so in the UK.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ronnie666 said:

“Here in the UK, everyone dresses as they like, everyone is free to express themselves, and no one questions me. I feel I belong here.”

That calls FREEDOM

funny cause that is why I moved to Thailand... horse for courses ...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Benroon said:

I wonder what visa she’s on ?

She's an entertainer with money she would have several options. 

"Oh look, no signs anywhere with 'foreigner price' and nobody even informally suggests one. And other immigrants told me they don't know what '90-day reporting' is. And curiously, the police don't take the locals' side automatically and ask for 'negotiation' between the parties in case of disputes or accidents. What a strange country".

Edited by Leo
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TeddY said:

Just arrived in the UK and eager to "condemn Britain's immigration policy"...How about being thankful to the country that accepted her ? Some people think too much of themselves.

There is plenty to criticise and she would have personal experience of how easy it is for somebody with money and work prospects to get a visa when it's ridiculously difficult for an average person on the street. 

1 hour ago, perceblue said:

Like to know how she managed to plonk her backside in the UK?

Unlike the average Thai girl she has money and is an entertainer, she would have plenty of options. Unlike the average Thai on the street that has virtually no chance of getting a visa. Something that she has apparently criticised the UK government for and rightly so. Quite frankly the visa policies of the UK, USA and Australia in particular are disgusting when it comes to South East Asian people. Of course they are very vocal in denying they are racist but anyone with personal experience with the system knows it is very much racist. 

16 minutes ago, Leo said:

"Oh look, no signs anywhere with 'foreigner price' and nobody even informally suggests one. And other immigrants told me they don't know what '90-day reporting' is. And curiously, the police don't take the locals' side automatically and ask for 'negotiation' between the parties in case of disputes or accidents. What a strange country".

And your point is? She has left her country because it's unsafe for her to speak about its problems has she at any stage denied Thailand has problems? No she has been quite vocal about Thailand's problems. Now she is in the UK she continues to criticise her own country and is free to criticise the UK for its genuine flaws too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Fanta said:

She made a fool of herself in Thailand why behave like that in UK was my point 

4 hours ago, Fanta said:

Rude how ? I can only see a woman who knows the chances of a female sticking up for themselves and not being persecuted/family hassled whilst correctly highlighting utter nepotism and horribly outdated privilege based on the chances of birth are next to zero. 

I'm from the UK, our 'royal' family is the very definition of grotesque!

On 7/30/2022 at 5:37 PM, Leo said:

Beyond ludicrous - I can't believe you weren't embarrassed writing that ?

Are you aware of the UK immigrant tests ? Here's a clue you would fail it. As for sticking up for the UK police, lol, they've never been under a darker cloud.  <Edited - removed inferred facts without a URL.>
Moderator.

Edited by Faz
inferred facts without URL.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LHW69 said:

How did she do that ?

9 hours ago, TeddY said:

Why shouldn't she ? You think Rwanda, the most inhuman immigration policy ever devised, by someone who originated through asylum doesn't need criticism ? 

Why on earth should she be subservient to anyone ? This 'gratitude' thing belongs to the days of Alf Garnett. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LHW69 said:

High sales and popularity say otherwise. She left Thailand because a few people that didn't like what she had to say made threats against her and made her feel unsafe the vast majority that know about her thought she is great and a great entertainer and support what she says. 

• Like 2