Google takes down customised maps targeting anti-monarchy activists

Thaiger

Custom Google maps pinpointing hundreds of people in Thailand who are accused of opposing the monarchy have been taken down by Google, the company told Reuters reporters. The Google My Maps targeting anti-monarchy activists, listing their names and addresses, were made by a team of 80 royalist volunteers who planned to report the activists for allegedly insulting the monarchy. Under Section 112 of Thailand’s Criminal Code, known as the lèse majesté law, those who insult or defame the Thai Monarchy can face an up to 15-year prison sentence. The personalised digital maps allow Google users to save places to a […]

The post Google takes down customised maps targeting anti-monarchy activists appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

36 minutes ago, Stardust said:

What kind of disgusting people 

Good question, Stardust, since no 'disgusting people' have been so much as mentioned in this thread, until you saw fit to ask your meaningless question. You have already been warned about quarrelsome input, so why take yet another chance of getting yourself suspended? Just think before you speak . . . okay?

15 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Good question, Stardust, since no 'disgusting people' have been so much as mentioned in this thread, until you saw fit to ask your meaningless question. You have already been warned about quarrelsome input, so why take yet another chance of getting yourself suspended? Just think before you speak . . . okay?

16 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

To put people with adresses on a map to target them is not disgusting? I think google thought the same like I did !

2 hours ago, TobyAndrews said:

Good.

These Thai tyrants must learn that their nonesense will not be tolerated by the civilised world.

Dito

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stardust said:

To put people with adresses on a map to target them is not disgusting? I think google thought the same like I did !

Sure I should wrote what I found disgusting but I thought this was already written in the article from Thaiger and clearly explained

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

What kind of disgusting people 

For better understanding it is not nice to put people with name and adress on a map to attack them because they are for free speech, democracy or have another opionion. 

51 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Sorry for any missunderstanding , okay?

• Thanks 1