Oxford University study shows strong immune response after third AstraZeneca dose

Thaiger

Researchers at Oxford University say a third dose of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine provokes a strong immune response. However, they add that there is no evidence yet that such boosters are required, particularly given that some countries are struggling with insufficient supplies. A study carried out at the renowned English university shows that a third, or booster, shot increases antibody and T-cell immune responses. The study also shows that the second dose of AstraZeneca can be delayed up to 45 weeks and also provoke a strong immune response. The findings of the study are of interest to the British government […]

The post Oxford University study shows strong immune response after third AstraZeneca dose appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

There have been increasing hints for a number of weeks in the UK that PM Boris Johnson has been 'gearing up' for the possibility or probability of offering a booster jab in the Autumn particularly for the older adults and vulnerable. It's a case of watch this space mainly due to the mutations that occur.

• Like 1

"The study also shows that the second dose of AstraZeneca can be delayed up to 45 weeks and also provoke a strong immune response."

please make sure nobody in Thailand sees this, cause we already had 16 weeks gap, i am happy because i am already scheduled for mid September for the 2nd jab

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

"The study also shows that the second dose of AstraZeneca can be delayed up to 45 weeks and also provoke a strong immune response."

please make sure nobody in Thailand sees this, cause we already had 16 weeks gap, i am happy because i am already scheduled for mid September for the 2nd jab

I'll ask Oxford AZ to place a decimal point in the '45' weeks for release in the Thai Press. On a serious note, I would hope Prayut is not going to use this to his advantage and stretch the time lapse between jabs.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Guevara said:

I'll ask Oxford AZ to place a decimal point in the '45' weeks for release in the Thai Press. On a serious note, I would hope Prayut is not going to use this to his advantage and stretch the time lapse between jabs.

watch it... in 5... 4... 3.... 2...

• Haha 2

big pharma propaganda... (children don't need the shot, people who recovered don't need it, 99.9% of people under 50 don't need it, and yea, no1 needs a 3rd shot)

• Haha 1