News Forum - US thug gets 5 years for brutal assault of Thai model in subway

Thaiger

The serial offender who launched a violent attack on a Thai model in a New York City Subway will be jailed for five years after pleading guilty. Thug Kevin Douglas admitted second-degree robbery for the brutal assault of Bew Jirajariyawetch while she waited at the 34th Street-Herald Square station for a train home on November 22 last year. Douglas struck a plea deal with Manhattan prosecutors for a five years’ jail sentence followed by two and a half years of post-release supervision, when he is sentenced in court on August 9. The Manhattan Supreme Court hear the 40 year old […]

The story US thug gets 5 years for brutal assault of Thai model in subway as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Very sorry to the lady involved, and tentatively glad that justice may have been done, unless the state releases him early. This kind of crime is underreported in the US because it doesn't support the stories that US leftists and the corrupt press want to tell.

• Like 4

I lived in NYC for most of my life before moving to Thailand.

Rule#1 You do not ride the underground subway system alone at 04:00 in the morning.

Her friends who went to the same concert as her should have told her not to travel alone.

Take a taxi

Edited by Nivram
additional comment added
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Nivram said:

Rule#1 You do not ride the underground subway system alone at 04:00 in the morning.

Her friends who went to the same concert as her should have told her not to travel alone.

Take a taxi

overall i'd agree. i lived in NYC for a while, but herald square middle of the night was never all that dangerous.  granted during covid and the rise in attacks on asians, clearly changed the norm.  crime is up on all levels right now in NYC which sucks to hear.  i love that city and never once was did i feel like i was in danger.  miss bloomberg as mayor TBH. 

In prepandemic times a single women did not ride the subway alone at 04:00 AM, even if she was a 7th degree blackbelt in any martial arts discipline.

• Like 1

Glad this Thai girl got some form of Justice after her ordeal.

This particular incident hit international headlines which probably embrassed the Democrat lunatics that run NYC into action. 

But I get the feeling if it wasn't for the international outrage this woman beater would be back on the streets of NYC under the Democrat lead bail reform. 

I am from the USA and the problem with crime there is documented in the recap of this story.  The man had 44 arrests since 1997 and was still out of prison.  Now mind you 44 arrests is probably only a fraction of the offenses he was either never charged with or offenses he committed by was never identified for. 

In Singapore this man would be pushing up grass from the bottom up and that is what should have happened long ago with this thug.  I have no empathy for the criminal, I have great empathy for victims. 

image.png.1ca67f0a789a0b39dba78441335d1b2a.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nivram said:

Take a taxi

That might be true but I don’t think you should blame the victim or her friends at all. The guy seems to have got off very lightly. I thought there was a three strike rule in the USA.

Sick piece of sh.t that should never be released.

2.5 years  for the mental damage alone is totally insuffient.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brian60221 said:

Very sorry to the lady involved, and tentatively glad that justice may have been done, unless the state releases him early. This kind of crime is underreported in the US because it doesn't support the stories that US leftists and the corrupt press want to tell.

Under reported? You have to be joking

It has been reported all over the country

My wife is obviously Thai and we travel all over the US, and it is more than well reported, reaching all over

To say otherwise to fit your perceived notions is just absurdly false..............

• Like 1

NYC is no place to think you are safe. Especially past any point where there are no other folk around for safety. 4am is to me a no no. Glad she is ok though, but very sad major career thugs get off too lightly or aren't actually sentenced to death. How many times do they need to say sorry or get a slap on the hand.

• Like 1

Pathetic excuse for a human being.

This guy needs to removed from society forever as he is obviously beyond rehabilitation.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Under reported? You have to be joking

If you want to respond indignantly to people, please at least read what they said first. I said this kind of crime is underreported, and it is.

US leftists recently tried to start a "stop Asian hate" campaign, but they dropped it quickly after the next several attacks on Asians in NYC were all perpetrated by black people, which, as I said, did not support the story that they wanted to tell, which was that Trump had stirred up hatred against Asians because of COVID.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

Did they drop it?

Well, you're right, it's not that they completely stopped. What I mean is that months ago when the blue checkmarks on Twitter were trying hard to milk victimization points via the "stop AAPI hate" campaign, journalists like Andy Ngo (who is somewhat wearing a "bulletproof vest" because he is gay, Asian, and has been a victim of violence) was devastating that campaign by simply reporting daily on violent attacks in NYC without bias, reporting what happened with images of the perpetrators. My sense was that the campaign was withering under the daily body blows from, well, the basic facts of those violent incidents. Every time the blue checkmarks tried to claim that Trump supporters were behind some wave of violence against Asians, they were met with hundreds of responses with evidence showing that it probably wasn't true. They weren't having a good time.

Those same incidents had surely crossed the desks of mainstream reporters, but they'd apparently passed on reporting them. What happened to their concern for the well-being of Asians?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, brian60221 said:

Well, you're right, it's not that they completely stopped. What I mean is that months ago when the blue checkmarks on Twitter were trying hard to milk victimization points via the "stop AAPI hate" campaign, journalists like Andy Ngo (who is somewhat wearing a "bulletproof vest" because he is gay, Asian, and has been a victim of violence) was devastating that campaign by simply reporting daily on violent attacks in NYC without bias, reporting what happened with images of the perpetrators. My sense was that the campaign was withering under the daily body blows from, well, the basic facts of those violent incidents. Every time the blue checkmarks tried to claim that Trump supporters were behind some wave of violence against Asians, they were met with hundreds of responses with evidence showing that it probably wasn't true. They weren't having a good time.

Those same incidents had surely crossed the desks of mainstream reporters, but they'd apparently passed on reporting them. What happened to their concern for the well-being of Asians?

Interesting. Trump has been out of office for over a year hasn’t he? ( apart from in his own mind). It would seem difficult to attach criminal behavior to a political leaning anyway wouldn’t it as most criminals don’t seem to declare their political affiliation do they? Mind you Trump wasn’t shy about spreading his racist thoughts at times so I can see how some people might associate him with inciting such behavior.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, brian60221 said:

If you want to respond indignantly to people, please at least read what they said first. I said this kind of crime is underreported, and it is.

US leftists recently tried to start a "stop Asian hate" campaign, but they dropped it quickly after the next several attacks on Asians in NYC were all perpetrated by black people, which, as I said, did not support the story that they wanted to tell, which was that Trump had stirred up hatred against Asians because of COVID.

Sorry but when you post ridiculous, 100% untrue information I will call you out on that BS

THAT KIND of crime is in the news daily, again, I know from travelling all over the US with my Asian wife, living there for months with my Asian wife, frequenting NYC with my Asian wife

You are posting nonsense 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, brian60221 said:

Again, just pure nonsense.........be an adult

Go ahead, pick as many as you want, reported in MSM on a weekly, if not daily basis

https://www.google.com/search?q=asian+attacked+new+york+city&rlz=1C1GCEJ_enCA874CA874&ei=oVTZYs67GKiK0PEP5s-PsAM&start=10&sa=N&ved=2ahUKEwiOkO-ci4r5AhUoBTQIHebnAzYQ8tMDegQIARA5&biw=1920&bih=1057&dpr=1

Which date do you want?

June 18?

June 14?

June 15?

June 19?

June 20?

You want me to go on????

Go ahead, pick a city.....

NYC? ok

https://www.google.com/search?q=asian+attacked+new+york+city&rlz=1C1GCEJ_enCA874CA874&ei=oVTZYs67GKiK0PEP5s-PsAM&start=10&sa=N&ved=2ahUKEwiOkO-ci4r5AhUoBTQIHebnAzYQ8tMDegQIARA5&biw=1920&bih=1057&dpr=1

San Fran.? ok

Let me know what other city you would like

Stop posting nonsense.................

• Thanks 1

The best solution to anti-Asian hate attacks in the US which let's face it is in most cases carried out by African American males, radical leftist and other Democrats is to bring back The Koreans on rooftops.

During the Rodney King riots in South Central LA in 1992 these Korean Patriots were deployed to great effect in stopping the threat to life and property from gangs of African Americans,leftist and other Democrats. 

This would in turn.

1. Cut down the reoffending rates of the above mentioned undesirables. 

2. Force the Democrats Mayor's of these Democrat run Cites (where let's face it 99% of these types of Anti-Asian hate crime occur ) to enforce the law.

20 minutes ago, 23RD said:

The best solution to anti-Asian hate attacks in the US which let's face it is in most cases carried out by African American males, radical leftist and other Democrats 

You are not a serious person...............

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

You are not a serious person...............

I can only believe what I see with my own lying eyes. 

38 minutes ago, 23RD said:

The best solution to anti-Asian hate attacks in the US which let's face it is in most cases carried out by African American males, radical leftist and other Democrats is to bring back The Koreans on rooftops.

During the Rodney King riots in South Central LA in 1992 these Korean Patriots were deployed to great effect in stopping the threat to life and property from gangs of African Americans,leftist and other Democrats. 

This would in turn.

1. Cut down the reoffending rates of the above mentioned undesirables. 

2. Force the Democrats Mayor's of these Democrat run Cites (where let's face it 99% of these types of Anti-Asian hate crime occur ) to enforce the law.

Its odd that right wing nutjobs like you only crawled out from under your stone when Trump was relevant. 

Up to that point society had ignored you guys.

You keep up your racist narrative but now that Trump is essentially redundant (he got fired) just crawl back under that stone.

Blanket stackers like you should simply hush.

• Like 1