News Forum - Lottery ticket vendors stage a protest against the new digital lottery app

Thaiger

With the rush to a digital, and more convenient form, of legal gambling in Thailand, the Government Lottery Office appears to have thrown the lottery ticket vendors under the bus. Now the ticket vendors are fighting back in a protest calling on the GLO board to resign and increase quotas for the thousands of private citizens and small street-side shops that have been selling their tickets for decades. Aggrieved vendors swooped on Government House on Monday to petition the government to take action on the GLOs move to sell its millions of lottery tickets on a digital app called Pao […]

The story Lottery ticket vendors stage a protest against the new digital lottery app as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well they bring it on to themself some try to sell them for 120 bath they try it a few time to get the price down to 80 but they keep doing it to bad the good one suffer for the bad one

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

A PM’s Office spokesman said he will approach the GLO board to discuss the complaints with the protesters but says that an internal oversight committee hadn’t had any official complaints lodged.

'an internal oversight committee hadn’t had any official complaints lodged'
What a great example of an oxymoron.

• Like 2

I asked the wife and she says there are a lot of fake paper tickets floating around. So this switch to digital should fix a lot of that problem? I feel for the less able ticket sellers that sell original paper tickets as their only income source. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Prosaap said:

Well they bring it on to themself some try to sell them for 120 bath they try it a few time to get the price down to 80 but they keep doing it to bad the good one suffer for the bad one

100 with me always 

Try to get 2 same numbers or 3 at the end they sell them like special tickets also if you buy more from the same number the price go up 

5 minutes ago, ronnie666 said:

100 with me always 

They tried upping the price to 110 here so I told my wife they were trying to rip us off and not to buy them. 400 for 3 tickets with the same numbers was outrageous. This online lottery is the end result of greed so, apart from handicapped sellers, I’ve got no sympathy 

• Like 2

Depends where you are I guess, tourist places thai people more rude to ask more.. and prices are not worth it better the illegal lottery

Edited by ronnie666
  • Like 1