News Forum - GoFundMe for American man who fell through roof at Full Moon Party

Thaiger

Friends and family of an American man who was seriously injured at Full Moon Party have launched several GoFundMe campaigns to raise money for his treatment and repatriation. He remains in critical condition at Surat Thani Hospital after falling through a roof in the wee hours of the famous party on Haad Rin Beach in Koh Phangan. The 26 year old American man had recently graduated from nursing school in Florida in the US and was celebrating with an extended trip around Thailand. After some time in the north, he met up with his partner and travelled south to […]

The story GoFundMe for American man who fell through roof at Full Moon Party as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Edited by KaptainRob
Name removed
  • Haha 1

Feel sorry for the guy but why somebody else have to pay for that any normal travel insurance will cover that and many time your own insurance also  and if you go without a insurance this is on you 

• Like 9

Also wonder the one of the building is not responsible? And SEVERAL gofundme I think 1 should be enough.. insurance the nurse should know

Ah to be young and foolish while walking on a roof  ! Pissed mind you!

Come on mom and dad send some dollars ! Exchange rate is in your favor.

• Like 4

Pretty sad, but incredibly stupid, I can't imagine many insurance companies paying out for this. They will pay for Accidents yes but climing and walking on a flimsy building roof ?

• Like 1

Already raised close to 40 large, people are generous.   Can't feel a whole whack of sympathy myself.  Get pissed, clamber on roof (cocktail in hand), what do you expect? 

I thought/hoped the full moon nonsense was done away with...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The 26 year old American man had recently graduated from nursing school

And already time for update in trauma critical care.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeerIsLife said:

Already raised close to 40 large, people are generous.   

people are dumb 

How many are saying, 'I don't need insurance, if anything  goes wrong, I can always rip off gullible people on GoFundMe'. Let his family bail him out, I sure would not. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

people are dumb 

How many are saying, 'I don't need insurance, if anything  goes wrong, I can always rip off gullible people on GoFundMe'. Let his family bail him out, I sure would not. 

Becoming more of a norm in the US for people to use GoFundMe for medical expenses because they can't afford it 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Just now, Davelee said:

Becoming more of a norm in the US for people to use GoFundMe for medical expenses because they can't afford it 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

and other people are dumb enough to finance them. 

• Like 6

On 7/19/2022 at 5:18 PM, Prosaap said:

I understand if you can not afford the insurance when stay at home but go on holiday you most know beter  

While (the victim) does have some insurance, so far his family has been unable to confirm how much will be covered for the costs to transport him for treatment, which can be up to 5.5 million baht

Sounds like they are using the “better safe than sorry” plan. I assume the patient would have to pay for the treatment & costs in Thailand and later be reimbursed by the insurance company. 

Edited by KaptainRob
Name removed

On 7/19/2022 at 5:36 PM, Fanta said:

While (the victim) does have some insurance, so far his family has been unable to confirm how much will be covered for the costs to transport him for treatment, which can be up to 5.5 million baht

Sounds like they are using the “better safe than sorry” plan. I assume the patient would have to pay for the treatment & costs in Thailand and later be reimbursed by the insurance company. 

who cares; his problem 

Edited by KaptainRob
Name removed

42 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

who cares; his problem 

The guy f**ked up. His friends are trying to help and Joe & Josephine Public are also. Look on the bright side - it is not you in hospital and it is not your money = win win. 

People seem to start a GoFund me page for anything.  This guy made multiple stupid decisions and other people are supposed to pay for the ramifications of his stupid decisions.  Makes no sense to me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Malc-Thai said:

Pretty sad, but incredibly stupid, I can't imagine many insurance companies paying out for this. They will pay for Accidents yes but climing and walking on a flimsy building roof ?

I think you hit the nail on the head..........

Don't think his insurance company will pay out do to the nature of the accident

• Like 1

Just now, Saunk said:

People seem to start a GoFund me page for anything.  This guy made multiple stupid decisions and other people are supposed to pay for the ramifications of his stupid decisions.  Makes no sense to me.

Although I agree, he's a 26yr old kid who made a stupid mistake and his friends and family want to help.............so good on them

• Like 1

I'm sure that we have all made a few stupid decisions when we were young, I know I certainly did.

If he has people that want to help him, good on them.

i checked out the gofundme page the americans seem to have come to his rescue. Accidents can be common in Thailand, I remember a while a go a teacher lent on a rail and fell of a building these kind of maintenance issues or driving accidents are common. You need to keep an eye on the traffic. Electric cables are everywhere dont touch them .. stories of people being electrocuted are legend here, the last one i saw was at a music concert but ive seen people hanging from poles electrocuted whilst trying (unqualified) to fix something.

That being said .. id fall asleep before I climbed on a roof after drinking a bucket of cheap vodka .. as a nurse this guy needs to use more common sense. That being said often theres not a thing you can do about an accident here, you just need to use caution a lot of caution