Two Dogs Inside A 22 Foot Python...

Faraday

SEC_115064059.jpg.a6951075d09a60d32b6f7e0624d8d430.jpg

https://metro.co.uk/2022/07/17/python-discovered-in-thailand-with-two-dogs-in-its-belly-17013523/

"An enormous snake with two dogs inside its stomach has been caught in north eastern Thailand.

The 22ft-long python was found in wasteland with a massive bulge in its belly – and locals believe it has been living on stray and pet animals.

The giant serpent was spotted slithering across abandoned construction materials at a vacant lot in Sisaket province on July 9."

There's a video in the above link, it's not for the faint of heart....🤮

• Like 1

“…a villager was looking for their two missing pet dogs, which are likely to be the creatures inside the snake’s stomach.”

Not a good place to let pets roam free by the sounds of it. 😳

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Faraday said:

I wonder how long i.e. for what length of time, the 'food' will sustain the Python.

According to this, a 22 foot Python weighs 90kg. 

https://amazing-animals-planet.com/article/average-weight-of-a-python

When will the Python need to eat again?

Not sure if it's comparable but I weigh about the same as the snake (on a good day), and I can exist on 1 hot dog for about 2 hours.

• Haha 8

14 minutes ago, Faraday said:

I wonder how long i.e. for what length of time, the 'food' will sustain the Python.

According to this, a 22 foot Python weighs 90kg. 

https://amazing-animals-planet.com/article/average-weight-of-a-python

When will the Python need to eat again?

They do a good snake presentation at the night zoo in Singapore, which I’ve seen 3 or 4 times. They always pull out a reticulated python from a hidden compartment under the audience seats halfway through the show (to screams). 

That snake is quite a big’un, and they feed it once a month. Apparently, a big python can also go over a year without a large feed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, longwood50 said:

I know this, if the pythons are munching on stray dogs, we could use a few more pythons in Pattaya. 

I was thinking the same, bring us the pythons, they cannot run up and snap/bark/try and bit you while walking or bicycling 

48 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

They do a good snake presentation at the night zoo in Singapore, which I’ve seen 3 or 4 times. They always pull out a reticulated python from a hidden compartment under the audience seats halfway through the show (to screams). 

That snake is quite a big’un, and they feed it once a month. Apparently, a big python can also go over a year without a large feed.

When ya think about it, quite astounding as to the size of said preys that these creatures can take whole. 

• Like 1

It is slightly off-topic, but anyone else ever done the snake restaurants in Hanoi? I did it 20-25 years ago with a group of friends.

You sit in the upstairs room, after passing through a whole gallery of snakes in alcohol/jars, just to get the nerves up and shaken. They make you wait for a bit, then the door opens slightly and they toss in a string bag full of moving snakes; yes, I did leap on my chair in 0.00001 seconds flat, thanks very much.

They come in, after laughing at you (their tip evacuated at the same time as my shorts, so ha ha ha on them) and take the snakes out. They cut it near the head and squeeze out either the heart or the liver into a wine glass, then add some booze (grain alcohol?). It is eerie; the heart is still beating in a red, red glass, or the liver one turns a truly sickly green. I was given a red one with a still beating heart, along with my side chick of the time who was a Vegetarian, and we slammed it down. (Shudder)

They go away for a while, then come back with the snakes prepared various ways; deep fried, fried, in soup, 'sushi'-ish, etc. There were about 8 different ways in all, and it was all good; tasted like chicken as the old saying goes.

On the way out the door at the end of the night, we were each given a small bottle of 'Snake Wine' with innards and things floating about. At the time, I lived with a Vietnamese family, so when I got home, I gave it to the mother. She nearly cried in happiness as the wine was known locally as a POWERFUL aphrodisiac and she was going to get busy with her hubby. 

Glad I did it once, but don't feel any need to do it again.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...