Thailand News Today | Bangkok restrictions, quarantine at home?, some beaches closed | June 28

Thaiger

Bangkok has reported its first case of the Beta variant of Covid-19, originally detected in South Africa. The National Security Council chaired a meeting of the CCSA to discuss the rising infections in Bangkok and other dark red zone provinces, as well as the situation in the south of the country. The Medical Services Department has agreed that asymptomatic Covid-19 patients in the Bangkok area will now be able to self-isolate at home until a bed becomes available. As Chon Buri and Pattaya work to contain and reduce Covid-19 infections, beaches and a market area have been ordered to close […]

The post Thailand News Today | Bangkok restrictions, quarantine at home?, some beaches closed | June 28 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I’m an expat living in Thailand Retiree actually and I’d like to get vaccinated I’ve registered with the government website but to no avail I’m 65 this year but have no health problems and I’m ready to roll my sleeve up!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ian7842 said:

I’m an expat living in Thailand Retiree actually and I’d like to get vaccinated I’ve registered with the government website but to no avail I’m 65 this year but have no health problems and I’m ready to roll my sleeve up!!

The ministry website has often been reported as useless and the most optimistic views re registration tend to favour attending your nearest state hospital where, more-often-than-not, you will receive decent attention. But, like everything else at present, we can only wish you well.

Hello, Ian7842 and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

17 hours ago, King Cotton said:

The ministry website has often been reported as useless and the most optimistic views re registration tend to favour attending your nearest state hospital where, more-often-than-not, you will receive decent attention. But, like everything else at present, we can only wish you well.

Hello, Ian7842 and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

Yes Ian I am the same but a little older. 

I have registered on the government app,

Vibhavadi    Kasemrad and Bumrungrad hospitals but all say unlikely this year, They cannot give a date because the government will not let them import the vaccines. One was selling the Moderna vaccine  for 3800 baht for two shots  but they have no access.

I am currently trying to sell my car so I can go to the USA for a wider choice of vaccines.

On 6/29/2021 at 11:57 AM, 1Alan1 said:

I am currently trying to sell my car so I can go to the USA for a wider choice of vaccines.

Jeeze, that just about says it all, dunnit? What a damned dilemma to be faced with, all because of Thai Officialdom incompetence in its failure to obtain anything like sufficient vaccines to keep even you 'older' guys happy.

Hello, 1Alan1 and welcome to Thaiger Talk . . . sorry for missing your Tuesday post.

Happy posting

King Cotton

On 6/28/2021 at 5:59 PM, Ian7842 said:

Do you mean the government https://www.thailandintervac.com/ website.

Many Provinces have their own registration platforms, enquire at your local state (government) hospital.

In my Province the registration procedure (for Thais and Foreigners) was to register through your Poo Yai Baan, local Health centre, or local government hospital, however there IT system only recognised a 9 digit ID number, so if you didn't have a Yellow Tabien Baan and issued a Thai ID number, you couldn't register if your only form of ID was your Passport number.
I believe since they've introduced a new local IT system to overcome that issue.

I was originally given an appointment date of June 15th, but after the big June 7th launch, I was notified the day before, June 14th, they'd run out of vaccines. They did recontact me on Friday 25th and I received my first jab on Monday June 28th, with a further appointment for Sept 20th (12 weeks) for the 2nd jab.

For age +60 and those with existing health issues the Astra Zeneca is given.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 11:57 AM, 1Alan1 said:

I have registered on the government app,

Vibhavadi    Kasemrad and Bumrungrad hospitals but all say unlikely this year, They cannot give a date because the government will not let them import the vaccines. One was selling the Moderna vaccine  for 3800 baht for two shots  but they have no access.

See my post above.

If you want to register at one of the private hospital facilities for a different vaccine type, then the date of supply is as yet unknown. It's not that the Government won't let them order supplies direct, it's the suppliers that will only take orders from Governments, not private enterprises.

I've seen a couple of different costs for the Moderna vaccine at private hospitals.
A friend registered locally, but was given a costing of 2,800 baht each shot.
Originally the private hospitals were quoting 3,000 baht for both shots which included a free Covid Insurance policy.
That was a first, I've yet to see anything given for 'free' in Thailand.