News Forum - Thai Airways’ revenue finally takes off

Thaiger

Thai Airways’ July progress report reveals a promising outlook for Thailand’s flag carrier, which expects to exit its financial rehabilitation plan earlier than expected. The airline’s revenue has shot up due to increased passenger traffic, but cutting costs, selling stock and chasing debts have been Thai Airways’ secrets to getting back on track. After improving its performance, Thai Airways submitted a petition to the Central Bankruptcy court on July 1st seeking to revise the airline’s current rehabilitation plan, which was acknowledged yesterday by government spokesperson Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana. According to the report, the airline has 14 billion baht in net cash […]

The story Thai Airways’ revenue finally takes off as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Thai Airways’ July progress report reveals a promising outlook for Thailand’s flag carrier, which expects to exit its financial rehabilitation plan earlier than expected. The airline’s revenue has shot up due to increased passenger traffic, but cutting costs, selling stock and chasing debts have been Thai Airways’ secrets to getting back on track. After improving its performance, Thai Airways submitted a petition to the Central Bankruptcy court on July 1st seeking to revise the airline’s current rehabilitation plan, which was acknowledged yesterday by government spokesperson Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana. According to the report, the airline has 14 billion baht in net cash […]

The story Thai Airways’ revenue finally takes off as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Firstly, I am happy to learn that Thai is doing better financially. Almost inimaginable to see the Thai national flagship carrier go bankrupt and out of service. However, as I have flown Thai in January and April on long haul both in eco and in business class the experience on board was all but inspiring. The food especially in ece was all but nice and even in business I was unimpressed. This used to be much better in the past. Same goes for the onboard entertainment where seemingly also cost reductions led to a reduced offer with mainly old films and very few games compared to previous times.

This is not the way to. Saving is ok, but don't forget, that we, the loyal customers and our well-being, should be the centrepoint.

• Like 1

I flew with them a few years ago, out of Chiang Mai in Business as they were my proxy connection to the very Excellent Austrian Airlines to Vienna. 

The lounge was tatty. Bangkok Airways Chiang Mai economy lounge is better maintained, and staffed! 

No alcohol in the lounge, no hot food.

No alcohol offered on the 777 plane either, no entertainment switched on. Dated seating. I think the food was a fruit bowl. This was an evening flight. 

I think the alco ban was to stop paxing staff freeloading. I'm ex-crew but this flight was at my own private expense.

What a tragedy the crew can't just report these managt crooks and have them fired like anywhere else! 

No the customers suffer, instead. 

Never ever again with them. They should be dead and buried and Bangkok Air be the national carrier.

But we all know why it careens on!

• Like 1

I've never seen alcohol in the Thai domestic lounges or flights (even business).
But must agree service was better 20 or more years ago. Better food, nicer knives and forks, more than one drink before dinner, a glass of cognac after meal.
Also softer seats and more footspace in economy. Softer seats in business (now they give you an extra matress because they know how hard the seats are for an intercontinental flight).

And the price certainly didn't go down compared to competitors. My partner flew BKK-Europe with Qatar in economy, and the ticket was more than 10000 Baht cheaper.

5 hours ago, Alavan said:

I've never seen alcohol in the Thai domestic lounges or flights (even business).
But must agree service was better 20 or more years ago. Better food, nicer knives and forks, more than one drink before dinner, a glass of cognac after meal.
Also softer seats and more footspace in economy. Softer seats in business (now they give you an extra matress because they know how hard the seats are for an intercontinental flight).

And the price certainly didn't go down compared to competitors. My partner flew BKK-Europe with Qatar in economy, and the ticket was more than 10000 Baht cheaper.

I always hated their seats..........the material they use is very coarse