News Forum - Motorbike burns to a crisp in Bangkok road accident

Thaiger

A teenager is injured after crashing his motorbike into the barrier on the Vibhavadi Rangsit Road in Bangkok at around 1am this morning. The young man said he bounced off the barrier and was flung more than 10 metres through the air. His red Honda PCX instantly set on fire and burned to a crisp. At around 1am, officers from Vibhavadhi Police Station received a report that a motorbike was on fire on the Vibhavadhi Rangsit Road opposite Kasetsart University in the Lat Yao subdistrict in Chatuchak district. Firefighters from Lat Yao Fire Station and rescue workers from Ruan Katanyu […]

The story Motorbike burns to a crisp in Bangkok road accident as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So it was the  lighting post and th weather's fault. We all know a 18 year old Thai can not be a bad driver!!!!!!

I myself am not such a good driver, that's why I adjust my speed with rai, bad lit roads.

But hey I am just a farang bad driver!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, RichardR said:

So it was the  lighting post and th weather's fault. We all know a 18 year old Thai can not be a bad driver!!!!!!

I myself am not such a good driver, that's why I adjust my speed with rai, bad lit roads.

But hey I am just a farang bad driver!

Ten foot tall and bulletproof, and if you go real fast (on a bike beyond your riding capabilities) you will get out of the rain and wet road conditions a lot quicker.

Yes this paragraph says it all:

Chinakorn said the road was badly lit and the surface of the road was wet and slippy from the rain, causing him to lose control and crash. He said he was on his way home from a friend’s birthday party when the incident happened.”

No taking of responsibility for driving too fast for the conditions, possibly driving drunk or stoned after the party, therefore no loss of face. Just a rather toasty PCX 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Viggen8408 said:

Ten foot tall and bulletproof, and if you go real fast (on a bike beyond your riding capabilities) you will get out of the rain and wet road conditions a lot quicker.

And in this case he had a fire to dry him.