Open Pattaya’s bars! Business owners protest bans on city bars and clubs | VIDEO

Thaiger

The situation for many of Pattaya’s clubs and bars, the cornerstone of the city’s economy, is dire. One of the most prolific bar owners is Bryan Flowers from Nightwish Group. He wants his staff to remain employed as he sees the city’s economy and workers suffer. He is also asking the media to stop publishing raw stats and numbers each day about Covid without more context.

The post Open Pattaya’s bars! Business owners protest bans on city bars and clubs | VIDEO appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I agree. Numbers without context is meaningless. It’s fear based to keep viewers glued to the news and dependent on “authoritative” bodies. We’ve been opened up here for months. Been doing “normal” activities for a year and there hasn’t been some massive die off of people. Covid is not the killer beast it has been portrayed as. Just my opinion based on my real world experience having gone through it. 

27 minutes ago, DontacoXII said:

I agree. Numbers without context is meaningless. It’s fear based to keep viewers glued to the news and dependent on “authoritative” bodies. We’ve been opened up here for months. Been doing “normal” activities for a year and there hasn’t been some massive die off of people. Covid is not the killer beast it has been portrayed as. Just my opinion based on my real world experience having gone through it. 

Is this  a case of 'I'm alright Jack'? Nearly 4 million died globally. Some are very fortunate to have recovered. Personally I like to know how the virus is panning out across the globe.

Alternatively, you can implement the 'mushroom mentality' - keep them in the dark and feed them plenty of bullshit.

• Haha 2

Waaa Waaa Waaa - The Bryan Flowers types are nothing more than pimps profiting off the poorly educated and exploited women of Thailand. I assume NightWish group must have at some time paid for advertising with The Thaiger or you are just desperate for appearances on your program for you to waste so much time on this dreg of society. The women and ONLY the women are the victims here as always and the owners like Bryan don't deserve any compassion at all when they use Covid and fake empathy to drive their agenda. Bryan is whining because he cannot financially rape these women now and he doesn't have the funds to pay the bribes necessary to keep it all rolling. Poor Bryan...........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

58 minutes ago, DontacoXII said:

Covid is not the killer beast it has been portrayed as. 

Let's dismiss the 4 million dead, as you wish.  It's not the deaths that cost the most to a country or economy, it's the overrun health care systems.  While only a small percentage may die, the cost and the trouble of caring for those that don't die is astronomical.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

i know Bryan pretty well and few times i asked a question: if these bars and go-go are completely illegal? Pimping your employees to your customers for a barfine. it's like human trafficking's, isn't it? 

• Cool 1

2 hours ago, Guevara said:

Is this  a case of 'I'm alright Jack'? Nearly 4 million died globally. Some are very fortunate to have recovered. Personally I like to know how the virus is panning out across the globe.

Alternatively, you can implement the 'mushroom mentality' - keep them in the dark and feed them plenty of bullshit.

And how many of those people were going to die anyway whether they had covid or not? How many would have died if they caught the flu? I do t know where your from but no one gets the flu here anymore. Odd isn’t it? I had a friend who died in a car accident and was covid positive. It was counted as a covid death. That’s the facts where I am at. It’s a numbers game and not realistic true fact based numbers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrStretch said:

Let's dismiss the 4 million dead, as you wish.  It's not the deaths that cost the most to a country or economy, it's the overrun health care systems.  While only a small percentage may die, the cost and the trouble of caring for those that don't die is astronomical.

I know hundreds of people who have had covid. I only know 1 who was hospitalized and he called me and said he doesn’t know why cause he feels fine and 1 who died but that one also had major medical issues, just received a kindney transplant and was already sick. How many people have died because they don’t wear a helmet on a motorcycle? Is that not newsworthy? I’m not dismissing covid I am dismissing its mortality rate. Those “covid deaths”  are not solely because of covid as is portrayed my the media. 

• Like 3

Brian Flowers the philanthropist. Having people masturbating half a world away from Pattaya during these streaming sessions is not a solution to the huge problems Thailand has only his own financial gain is at question here.

Nothing that interviewee said was genuine, not even the "rented with a view to purchase" house, just another screening venue?

Thailand is in deep deep trouble, the less we hear from the Pattaya Bar Owners society the better

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Popeye said:

Brian Flowers the philanthropist. Having people masturbating half a world away from Pattaya during these streaming sessions is not a solution to the huge problems Thailand has only his own financial gain is at question here.

Nothing that interviewee said was genuine, not even the "rented with a view to purchase" house, just another screening venue?

Thailand is in deep deep trouble, the less we hear from the Pattaya Bar Owners society the better

You honestly think people masturbate to those streams? I’m guessing you don’t get out much. People donate to the ladies on the streams because they want to help some of those who can’t work due to over reactions of a virus they don’t understand.  Those streams hurt no one. It’s all about control, don't kid yourself. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Amonwan said:

Waaa Waaa Waaa - The Bryan Flowers types are nothing more than pimps profiting off the poorly educated and exploited women of Thailand. I assume NightWish group must have at some time paid for advertising with The Thaiger or you are just desperate for appearances on your program for you to waste so much time on this dreg of society. The women and ONLY the women are the victims here as always and the owners like Bryan don't deserve any compassion at all when they use Covid and fake empathy to drive their agenda. Bryan is whining because he cannot financially rape these women now and he doesn't have the funds to pay the bribes necessary to keep it all rolling. Poor Bryan...........

Those women make alot more money than they would otherwise make and its not try that they are "raped". No one is forced to work in those bars. And the image of the women as suffering and forced is not accurate. Its very easy for people to talk shit about this whole buisness without knowing the facts ot ever been involved in it and actually meet the people working there.

2 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

i know Bryan pretty well and few times i asked a question: if these bars and go-go are completely illegal? Pimping your employees to your customers for a barfine. it's like human trafficking's, isn't it? 

No its not trafficking. You dont know what trafficking is. This type of buisness is something the left loves lying about and making myths about.

"Human Trafficking is the recruitment, transportation, transfer, harbouring or receipt of people through force, fraud or deception, with the aim of exploiting them for profit. "

Source - https://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/human-trafficking/human-trafficking.html

This is not what is going on in nightwish bars. Women are free to leave whenever they choose too.

• Like 3

not sure his request is genuine to be honest. this said having a daily figure of daily infection  is giving an idea of what the country is facing. basically what he wants is the tourist to be back and of course  without scaring them with the covid thingy, this is rather selfish. bars and other venues won t come back to life as long as the virus is not eradicated. seems to be logical to me though ......

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DontacoXII said:

We’ve been opened up here for months. Been doing “normal” activities for a year and there hasn’t been some massive die off of people.

Where is "here"?

Without knowing that it's not possible to know if what you're saying is true or not, although it seems highly unlikely as I can't think of any country where that remotely applies.

4 hours ago, DontacoXII said:

I had a friend who died in a car accident and was covid positive. It was counted as a covid death. 

I have to admire your front for saying this happened to "a friend", rather than the normal absurd claim that it's automatic.  If he was "covid positive" at the time, why was he in a car accident and not quarantined / self-isolating?

4 hours ago, DontacoXII said:

I know hundreds of people who have had covid. 

Really? ... and only two were hospitalised, in a country with few Covid deaths, despite so many Covid cases that you know hundreds of them?

Remarkable. ... and people in your country don't send money to streaming bar girls because they're perving the 'net but because they "want to help"?

Where is "here", again?

• Haha 1
  • Cool 3

2 hours ago, pascal said:

not sure his request is genuine to be honest. this said having a daily figure of daily infection  is giving an idea of what the country is facing. basically what he wants is the tourist to be back and of course  without scaring them with the covid thingy, this is rather selfish. bars and other venues won t come back to life as long as the virus is not eradicated. seems to be logical to me though ......

So, listening to him, he wants to livestream, wants to open the bars, doesn't want the case numbers and deaths in the media, but he thinks the situation and numbers are actually a lot worse than they are ...

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

I am happy they post the numbers, at least I know where not to go and I know how it is where I live, this Brian is a selfish money prick all I can see, seems it always go his was, well learn Brian how it can be too, I hope you suffer a lot of financial lost so you know how it is without being wealthy, and do not turn it on your employees that you do not want that they lose their job, you just want to make money for yourself, you could care less or they lose their jobs you just take other people whenever you can...

Edited by Paco
  • Cool 1

To the Covid denier's walk into an ICU or a HDU and look into your or your partners face fighting for there life because the contacted Covid, probably a non smoker no underlying health issues and only a week before you were having a chat with him or her. Then being taken into a side room where your told we are sorry the lungs were damaged to much and they will not survive.

13 hours ago, DontacoXII said:

You neglect to mention where "here" is.

I think context would be helpful as Brian Flowers suggests. Perhaps a population normalized comparison between Thailand and India would provide the needed context. Or even the US. Overrun hospitals, excess deaths, long-haul COVID, brain lesions in young patients. The list goes on. Death is not the worst thing coming out of the pandemic.

This is not to dismiss the economic impacts of the disease. But the rationale that some people (even if a small number) have to die to keep bar owners in Pattaya flush is a non-starter. It sounds like the idiots in Texas last year urging grandparents to risk dying for the sake of the economy. It sounded stupid then, it sounds stupid now.

Soi 6 bars are really the cesspit of human existence and however you want to frame pimping Isaan single mums needing money it is pimping nonetheless. Many of the girls are seriously damaged by their life experiences  and turn to drugs and alcohol to get through what must be a miserable time until they harden their hearts or quit. Bryan would have been best served by keeping his head down and his mouth shut. He has done neither and served only to highlight his penury, obvious lack of morals or insight. He looks ill quite frankly maybe he should take a break and reflect of what he is doing and where he is going and find a better way of living before it's too late.

Amen  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

most of the bars in the tourist area's are all about what you have just written, country girls coming to the big smoke with basic education, same can be said for city or town dwellers who have no chance of an office job and have to work 6 dats a week at 7/11 or Big C for 10k a month

• Like 1

Farang owned brothels in Pattaya having to close is one of the good sides of covid. Can't see anybody in City Hall having any sympathy. Much better for these women to work as freelancers using social media.

• Cool 1

8 hours ago, billybob said:

Soi 6 bars are really the cesspit of human existence and however you want to frame pimping Isaan single mums needing money it is pimping nonetheless. Many of the girls are seriously damaged by their life experiences  and turn to drugs and alcohol to get through what must be a miserable time until they harden their hearts or quit. Bryan would have been best served by keeping his head down and his mouth shut. He has done neither and served only to highlight his penury, obvious lack of morals or insight. He looks ill quite frankly maybe he should take a break and reflect of what he is doing and where he is going and find a better way of living before it's too late.

Amen

Some insightful points, there and an excellent debut post . . . thanks for that!

Hello, billybob and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

5 hours ago, Gexsod said:

Farang owned brothels in Pattaya having to close is one of the good sides of covid. Can't see anybody in City Hall having any sympathy. Much better for these women to work as freelancers using social media.

Yes, fair comment and thanks for your short-but-sweet debut post!

Hello, Gexsod and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton