Monday Covid Update: 5,406 new cases and 22 deaths

Thaiger

In an uptick in daily Covid-19 cases, 5,406 infections were reported today by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration. Since April 1, the latest and most severe wave of Covid-19 in Thailand, the CCSA has reported 220,990 Covid-19 cases. Today, the CCSA also logged 22 more deaths related to Covid-19. Out of today’s count, only 9 were detected in correctional facilities, a decrease after the recent wave spread to Thai prisons, infecting more than 30,000 inmates. Most of the recent cases have been detected in crowded areas like construction camps, factories, worker dormitories and prisons. More information will be reported […]

The post Monday Covid Update: 5,406 new cases and 22 deaths appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Bugger - going in exactly the wrong direction - and also bad for the Phuket sandbox and others. This aint looking good at all. 

Adding 5406 reasons NOT to visit Thailand now, this is so disheartening when the Phuket Sandbox is opening in 2 days.

• Haha 1

I agree and i haven't been reading about what will happen IF you get caught with tested positive during your 14 days let's say after the second PCR test ,what plans do they have in phuket ,will you need to stay in your hotel roo m or will they take to to hospital ?

There's alot of issues that can happen that is abit blurry .

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

38 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Bugger - going in exactly the wrong direction - and also bad for the Phuket sandbox and others. This aint looking good at all. 

Couldn’t have said it better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Slacker77 said:

I agree and i haven't been reading about what will happen IF you get caught with tested positive during your 14 days let's say after the second PCR test ,what plans do they have in phuket ,will you need to stay in your hotel roo m or will they take to to hospital ?

Yes, 'blurry' is the word, for sure!

Hello, Slacker77 and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

3 hours ago, Slacker77 said:

You should be prepared for ending up in a private or governmental hospital if you or your insurance willing to pay. Alternatively you might be send to a Thai style field hospital. Either one I would consider as a theft of valuable lifetime.

I would recommend not to visit LOScam at all under this circumstances. Personally I wouldn't even visit if there were no restrictions at all.

well, i just want to report something Thai government should be aware of. Darwin NT Australia, 1 case of variant D located , the government did scramble all counter measure to contain the virus, by Sunday 48 hours lockdown was decided starting 1 pm, today lockdown extended for 72 hours due to high risk of community transmission. In a space of 90 mn Darwin was deserted peoples did reply admirably to the government restriction. 5400 case today and the total is increasing everyday ...... do they still want open the country in 2 days?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 321BOOM said:

You should be prepared for ending up in a private or governmental hospital if you or your insurance willing to pay. Alternatively you might be send to a Thai style field hospital. Either one I would consider as a theft of valuable lifetime.

I would recommend not to visit LOScam at all under this circumstances. Personally I wouldn't even visit if there were no restrictions at all.

Ok i got your point :(

But for us who are willing to go under these subcirmstances we have to take the risk then.

And what i read about the restrictions for travel to Phuket you must have an insurance that covers at least 100 000$  and fully vaccinated and so on .

5 hours ago, Slacker77 said:

If they handle it like they do in Bangkok, you go to the hospital.  Now, since you have that nice expensive farang covid insurance you won't have to go to a Thai field hospital but a nice private hospital.  So, if you did test positive, you'd probably lose your hotel reservation, have to be "free" of the virus for 14 days before they let you out of the hospital.

• Like 2

An increase of 1/3 in the number of new cases in just one one day ?! If that trend continues over next few days then there is an uncontrolled outbreak (exponential growth).

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, pascal said:

well, i just want to report something Thai government should be aware of. Darwin NT Australia, 1 case of variant D located , the government did scramble all counter measure to contain the virus, by Sunday 48 hours lockdown was decided starting 1 pm, today lockdown extended for 72 hours due to high risk of community transmission. In a space of 90 mn Darwin was deserted peoples did reply admirably to the government restriction. 5400 case today and the total is increasing everyday ...... do they still want open the country in 2 days?

Here is some inside info. I just saw a masked man ( Over Eyes ) on a white horse arrive in Patong with an indian. A rough looking dude came out of Starbucks and said " Good that you came Pilgrim and bought your indian friend. Now we are all here and get that sneaky indian virus. Toronto here can track it you guys are good at that"  Toronto looks around stares at the sky and says I think that is racist and rides off into the sunset. Masked man and tough dude return to starbucks order some coffee frappe Macchiato and then say plan B   

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, triplebogey said:

... Toronto here can track it you guys are good at that... Toronto looks around stares at the sky and says I think that is racist and rides off into the sunset....

Tonto. Toronto is a city.

In the past, there have been reports of insurance policies not covering the costs of hospitalization for asymptomatic COVID cases.  If true, that would be yet another kick to the 'nads.

Also, patients have been hospitalized until tested free of the virus - an undeterminable amount of time.  All seems risky for a vacation trip.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pascal said:

1 hour ago, Bangkok_Gary said:

Tonto. Toronto is a city.

tonto is a name which is registered toronto is public domain

• Haha 1

Cases are going up, after a brief fall in early June, even with limited testing. If they were conducting the testing that Malaysia for example has been doing, then the cases would make Thailand the clear virus hotspot in Asia.

It's obvious that parts of Bangkok's very nature contributed to this, from back in April, and it's not only the hi-so clubs on Sukhumvit and elsewhere. You've got masses of undocumented, unchecked migrant workers working in the construction sites, you've got shopping malls that Thais use, not for shopping, but for lingering around ("Where we're going to meet? At the mall, of course").

• Like 2

17 hours ago, triplebogey said:

Here is some inside info. I just saw a masked man ( Over Eyes ) on a white horse arrive in Patong with an indian. A rough looking dude came out of Starbucks and said " Good that you came Pilgrim and bought your indian friend. Now we are all here and get that sneaky indian virus. Toronto here can track it you guys are good at that"  Toronto looks around stares at the sky and says I think that is racist and rides off into the sunset. Masked man and tough dude return to starbucks order some coffee frappe Macchiato and then say plan B   

Toronto??? Is that tonto the Indian that lives in Toronto. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bob said:

Toronto??? Is that tonto the Indian that lives in Toronto. 

Jay Silverheels has past on did not want to sully his memory with the Phuket clowns

• Haha 1

the measures taken is welcome as it serves to curb further infection, which include discouraging assembly of 20 persons but yet there is no postponement of 90 day report of residence for foreigners.                          

• Like 1

the measures taken is welcome as it serves to curb further infection, which include discouraging assembly of 20 persons but yet there is no postponement of 90 day report of residence for foreigners.       

it is strange that there was postponement of 90 day reporting and visa extension in previous covid upsurge which was much less serious than today                  

good to see the admins sorting out the truth from the crap. Spoke with my friend today who lives just out of Korat. She is paranoid about covid. Takes every precaution she can. Korat spiked to 45 I think today give and take the time. She said it was construction camp closing workers nowhere to go no money so they ended up in the city for shelter etc. so nice to see a little perspective with these stories cheers and thanks reporting like it is.

• Like 1