News Forum - Mobile phone growth to increase 400% in next three years across Asia Pacific

Thaiger

Over the next three years, the expansion of 5G connectivity in the Asia Pacific region is expected to increase by 400%. GSM Association, a conglomerate of telecom operators worldwide, says the ‘metaverse’ and greater uptake in the latest generation of smartphones is fuelling the growth. The GSM Association is an industry organisation that represents the interests of mobile network operators worldwide. More than 750 mobile operators are full GSMA members and a further 400 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem are associate members – Wikipedia Their latest report says that 96% of the region’s population is covered by mobile broadband […]

The story Mobile phone growth to increase 400% in next three years across Asia Pacific as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

6 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

GSM Association, a conglomerate of telecom operators worldwide, says the ‘metaverse’ and greater uptake in the latest generation of smartphones is fuelling the growth

The way I see most locals use of smartphones here is Facebook, Line and Youtube.
Email seems to have died a death by most Thais, apart from some company use.

11 minutes ago, Cabra said:

Online mobile gaming in Asia is going to see significant growth with the expansion of 5G.

Sadly also, we will likely see the volume of scams rise in number and frequency. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

5G connectivity

With 5G, will we finally be able to focus on the screen while driving motorbike, not having to look at damn road?

• Haha 1

Just now, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

With 5G, will we finally be able to focus on the screen while driving motorbike, not having to look at damn road?

A lot of Thai drivers I've seen do that already, although it's probably not navigation they're looking at (except perhaps for some delivery drivers)

It's not growth, it's replacement. Old phones being replaced by new ones. It is not as if total number of phones will grow by 400%.

2 hours ago, Smithydog said:

Sadly also, we will likely see the volume of scams rise in number and frequency. 

Thailand really needs to run a public education campaign on this stuff. I had to explain these scams to my wife. She’s a fiery one and promptly spent an hour or so calling all these numbers back to give them a price of her mind. Sigh….

14 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

The way I see most locals use of smartphones here is Facebook, Line and Youtube.
Email seems to have died a death by most Thais, apart from some company use.

It's funny, here in Canada I am one of few LINE users..........so  if that distinctive LINE ringtone goes off, I knwo it's likely my phone

In damn Thailand, I hear that damn LINE ringtone all day!  555

• Like 1