News Forum - 5 day long weekend this week, starting with Asahna Bucha Day

Thaiger

This week Thailand will have a long weekend, a very long weekend. From this Wednesday there will be a 5 day break for many Thais although the official holidays, depending who you work for, are only Wednesday, July 13 and Thursday, July 14 – Asanha Bucha Day and the start of the Buddhist Lent. The two days are two of Thailand’s most important religious annual holidays. Both days are alcohol free days, according to Buddhist tradition, and will be imposed across the Kingdom. With the Wednesday and Thursday officially public holidays, many workplaces have also declared the Friday as a […]

The story 5 day long weekend this week, starting with Asahna Bucha Day as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Many schools are also declaring the Friday as a public holiday as well.

Not in Udon though. Two schools my wife's family attend are closed Wednesday & Thursday, but kids back to school on Friday.

Unless the schools change their minds at the last minute. Not beyond the realms of possibility.

On 7/11/2022 at 7:55 AM, Bluesofa said:

Not in Udon though. Two schools my wife's family attend are closed Wednesday & Thursday, but kids back to school on Friday.

Unless the schools change their minds at the last minute. Not beyond the realms of possibility.

Yes, both schools did change their minds at the last minute. So now the kids have three days off school.

Perhaps I should consider becoming a medium, they're pretty rare,

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bluesofa said:

Yes, both schools did change their minds at the last minute. So now the kids have three days off school.

Perhaps I should consider becoming a medium, they're pretty rare,

Drives me insane how random they are with their scheduling. 

My stepson didn't even know when his finals were until days before

Never knows when his breaks are starting or ending 

Just bizarre