News Forum - TAT promotes I Lert U mobile app to connect tourists to police

Thaiger

The Tourism Authority of Thailand has issued a press release touting the Tourist Police I Lert U mobile application and encouraging visitors to download it. The app was launched on December 15 to allow tourists quick access to emergency response and general assistance, and yesterday’s press release was intended to raise awareness of the application as tourism begins to ramp up after the removal of nearly all Covid-19 restrictions including the elimination of the Thailand Pass on July 1. The full press release: Bangkok, 8 July, 2022 – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) would like to inform tourists they […]

The story TAT promotes I Lert U mobile app to connect tourists to police as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

Indeed there will need to be tea money paid. The BiB are already raising their demands of nighttime businesses because they have lost income for over a year and have elephant tickets to pay for. So just wait for tourist stories of extortion. All part of the reason that tourists will not flock back.

When I signed up with the phone company (True) they automatically downloaded some useful phone numbers. 

Tourist Police was one of them