News Forum - BREAKING: CCSA address face masks, emergency decree and foreign arrivals

Thaiger

Today, Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha met with the Covid-19 Situation Administration – the CCSA – to discuss Covid-19 rules and restrictions in Thailand. Namely, the use of face masks, the extension of Thailand’s emergency decree and foreign arrival figures. The CCSA started off by saying that cases of Covid-19 subvariants BA.4 and BA.5 are on the rise in Thailand. Face Masks The CCSA spokesperson announced that to combat rising Covid-19 cases, Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health recommends the use of face masks in crowded spaces, although it is not a legal requirement… “The Prime Minister has instructed relevant agencies […]

The story BREAKING: CCSA address face masks, emergency decree and foreign arrivals as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Today, Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha met with the Covid-19 Situation Administration – the CCSA – to discuss Covid-19 rules and restrictions in Thailand. Namely, the use of face masks, the extension of Thailand’s emergency decree and foreign arrival figures. The CCSA started off by saying that cases of Covid-19 subvariants BA.4 and BA.5 are on the rise in Thailand. Face Masks The CCSA spokesperson announced that to combat rising Covid-19 cases, Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health recommends the use of face masks in crowded spaces, although it is not a legal requirement… “The Prime Minister has instructed relevant agencies […]

The story BREAKING: CCSA address face masks, emergency decree and foreign arrivals as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Good news, no change to the mask rules, they remain recommended but voluntary in Thailand. 

Wouldn't it be great if the CCSA and the media would focus messaging on the things that would help the health system- i.e. encourage the elderly / vulnerable to get their booster vaccinations.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, rc1 said:

Good news, no change to the mask rules, they remain recommended but voluntary in Thailand. 

Wouldn't it be great if the CCSA and the media would focus messaging on the things that would help the health system- i.e. encourage the elderly / vulnerable to get their booster vaccinations.

Absolutely. Today they acknowledged they’re getting 30,000 reports of infection per day—presumably reported to get freebies.

But there’s never any mention of effective treatment or prevention for high risk. Rather than focusing on a mask, if you’re in the high risk group, you need to get antiviral medications early—the objective is to prevent lung inflammation from ever happening.  

While it’s almost 2.5 years in this government acts like it has a little more information than it did in March 2020.

No, washing your hands and wearing a mask isn’t going to save your life—but vaccines for high risk and antivirals might very well do that. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JJJ said:

Absolutely. Today they acknowledged they’re getting 30,000 reports of infection per day—presumably reported to get freebies.

But there’s never any mention of effective treatment or prevention for high risk. Rather than focusing on a mask, if you’re in the high risk group, you need to get antiviral medications early—the objective is to prevent lung inflammation from ever happening.  

While it’s almost 2.5 years in this government acts like it has a little more information than it did in March 2020.

No, washing your hands and wearing a mask isn’t going to save your life—but vaccines for high risk and antivirals might very well do that. 

Exactly right.

Transmission reduction measures aren't making a lick of difference to hospital/death impact, what will is vaccines and antivirals. 

Everyone who hasn't already had it, will get the virus at some point. Or they've already had it but didn't even know. 

Being prepared for when you do is what matters.  For vast majority of people will be fine  with little/no preparation ( vaccines ideally) but for the elderly/vulnerable, they need to be properly prepared .

The whole world is has already or has now got this, and adjusted their settings accordingly. Thailand will get there, but for now, there's a real disconnect between what they're promoting and what actually matters. 

Instead of the PPE and big pharma treatments, are they ever going to recommend things like diet, exercise, and sunshine? 

What COVID really killed was tried and true common sense health recommendations.   

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

Instead of the PPE and big pharma treatments, are they ever going to recommend things like diet, exercise, and sunshine? 

What COVID really killed was tried and true common sense health recommendations.   

What you suggest is not effective.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Maybe it sounds weird to you, but it works for me, talking about getting sick less quickly and better quicker when I'm sick, to eat a healthy diet, exercise and see the sun/fresh air. 

Wonder how you stay healthy if you think these things are not effective. You are literally saying that diet, exercise and going out are not effective for your immune system???

There might be something wrong with me then, bcs for me it works 10 out of 10 times when it's one of those rare times that I get sick. 

• Like 2

The biggest item here, I think, is that the emergency decree was extended for another two months. It is pretty clear that the "emergency" is over and the world is in the disease management phase. Recognize that and continue to push vaccines and proper treatment as required. The emergency decree is only about control and has nothing to do with public health.

Recomended is a good way, but from what I see around in CM is Thai wearing them. Even yesterday while running I caught a Thai man holding his breathe as I ran past by him on a back walk path. See him everytime there, but this time his stretching for warm up was a 1/4 into the small path. People are still very leary of covid. Me too since had it twice and last recent was mid April 2022. So had covid 2020 February, then the vaccine and then covid 2022. I am not fond of the shots or the virus. Very real to me but then life goes on and have to deal with it.

19 hours ago, rc1 said:

I'm vulnerable and reasonably elderly but I've visited and emailed everyone I can think of, including embassies, to find out how I can receive the booster, I live in phuket and its been nearly 1 year since my second vaccination, I had 2 Astrazenecas before moving here. Any help out there would be grateful. 

4 minutes ago, Mandy said:

I'm vulnerable and reasonably elderly but I've visited and emailed everyone I can think of, including embassies, to find out how I can receive the booster, I live in phuket and its been nearly 1 year since my second vaccination, I had 2 Astrazenecas before moving here. Any help out there would be grateful. 

My understanding is you should be able to get one at any local hospital or clinic, there is no shortage.  

some people, still "believe", vaccines help ?
but many doctors, per country said long time ago, it not helps.

and most corrupted parts in life, as health product producers,
and governments with news, just have changed, completed ?

so if someone got sick, 1-2 times with flu symptoms, one
still believe, what those health care people, tell you what you got ?

and still have, millions of people, per country, who are older
not very healthy, and not got, at least, serious sick, in past 2.5 years.

• Like 1

1.3 million people die per year in Thailand, of something. Under 31,000 have died in the past 28 months from something "covid related". How many were elderly? How many were sick? How many had major health issues? 

Adults sooner or later face the fact that this is endemic, and deal with it like courageous people. 

• Like 1

Several of my friends had planning to visit Thailand in August but have cancelled as they are concern at the day to day changes of the covid rules,most concerning was the mandate wearing of masks and the potential for lockdown happening without notice, 

The Government's should understand the uncertainty this makes for visitors when rules are lifted and one day later it's brought back on the table !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard1944 said:

Several of my friends had planning to visit Thailand in August but have cancelled as they are concern at the day to day changes of the covid rules,most concerning was the mandate wearing of masks and the potential for lockdown happening without notice, 

The Government's should understand the uncertainty this makes for visitors when rules are lifted and one day later it's brought back on the table !

You don't just open up after 25 months, and the world pours in. And the goons still don't realize and haven't acknowledged that Thailand needs tourism 50X more than tourists need Thailand. 

Predicting a post Covid economy for a nation that was hugely dependent on a grossly sabotaged tourism and sex industry, is likely to have the same accuracy level of guessing the winning numbers for the  upcoming mega millions in the US, when it tops $100 million. 

Sheer ridiculousness at best. Stunning foolhardiness is more appropriate a description for these absolute fools. 

Plus, you have to factor in:

How will the economic shutdown, and malaise effect their long term fortunes?

Is Thailand making any effort, on any level to address the issues that were present, pre-Covid? Traffic and public safety, air quality, road congestion, luxury taxes, wine taxes, jet ski scams?

I could go on all day. My guess is nothing is being done to address anything, and every issue they currently face is being blamed on Covid. Now, they have a real scapegoat, and looking within for the source of any of the problems is less likely than ever.

On 7/8/2022 at 3:18 PM, rc1 said:

Why? Prove that any of this 'vaccine' shunt does anything except generate fear and complicity to government manipulation?

On 7/9/2022 at 7:10 AM, think-and-ask said:

jesus christ - wading through the incomprehensibility of that post - give us some doctors names that have stated vaccines don't help please....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/9/2022 at 9:39 AM, Richard1944 said:

there are no 'day to day changes' unless you believe expat forums, there is no mandatory mask requirement and there is zero prospect of lockdown without notice - apart from that I don't think to be fair any government can appease the terminally paranoid.

On 7/9/2022 at 7:10 AM, think-and-ask said:

Still waiting for the doctors names  - ZZZZZzzzzzzzz........

• Haha 2

On 7/10/2022 at 7:48 AM, Benroon said:

there are no 'day to day changes' unless you believe expat forums, there is no mandatory mask requirement and there is zero prospect of lockdown without notice - apart from that I don't think to be fair any government can appease the terminally paranoid.

They sit here on a forum and whine and freak out, yet 90% of them won't come to Canada and they will never believe the ones who have been

They just want to be miserable...........

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

They sit here on a forum and whine and freak out, yet 90% of them won't come to Canada and they will never believe the ones who have been

They just want to be miserable...........

Yep - sadly all expat forums start off well, a few wags, a few good informants and then slowly they get taken over by the interminably whining woe is me brigade, there's not a forum out there that hasn't gone that way, but hey ho every now and then we have to throw them a National Park entry fee bone to keep them frothing (whilst all the time 98% of them will never have been to one) 😆

Oh wait immigration are the devil incarnate, yet everyone I know have no issues at all. I'm convinced it's an IQ problem.

Then there's the 'brown envelope' bores that deride the Thai police whilst failing to acknowledge the penalties in their own countries are 10x worse, but wait that's ok because the west is so superior.

'Rent don't buy' from the peeps that have been taken to the cleaners by girls a third of their age.... etc etc etc 

Still, if you don't take them seriously it's not bad entertainment watching the angst 😆

On 7/8/2022 at 10:35 AM, Vigo said:

everything they are recommending, but that wasnt my point.  it was more a comment on what they DONT recommend.

15 hours ago, Benroon said:

Oh wait immigration are the devil incarnate, yet everyone I know have no issues at all. I'm convinced it's an IQ problem.

Still, if you don't take them seriously it's not bad entertainment watching the angst 😆

Immigration? The only problem I have ever had with them was one of my own stupid making and they bent over backwards to keep me out of trouble. I love it here!

• Thanks 1

What I don't get with all this mask talk is the attitude of expats and foreign visitors. Whether it's legally required or not surely the right thing to do as a guest in a foreign country is to follow the lead of the locals. If you enter an indoor public space where all the locals are wearing a mask then the right and polite thing to do is to put your mask on... It's really not that hard. If you are outside in an open area feel free to take it off. I mean really you wonder why some Thais will refer to you as a dirty farang? What do you think they will think of your arrogant self centred ass when you behave that way. 

I just watched a YouTube video from a well known Texan expat vlogger returning to the US for a short trip. This arrogant prat flew on ANA to Japan before flying on to the US. In the airport in Bangkok and on the flight to Japan and in the Airport in Japan this idiot refused to wear his mask properly and was clearly rude to staff in Japan judging from his comments in the video about them being strict about masks there. Just who does this clown think he is?! It's people like him that are responsible for the terrible reputation of American tourists and expats around the world. It's called having manners people if you are on a plane or in a building in a foreign country where they ask you to wear a mask or all the locals wear mask put the damn thing on and stop being a rude arrogant idiot. 

• Angry 1

19 minutes ago, Tim_Melb said:

What I don't get with all this mask talk is the attitude of expats and foreign visitors. Whether it's legally required or not surely the right thing to do as a guest in a foreign country is to follow the lead of the locals. If you enter an indoor public space where all the locals are wearing a mask then the right and polite thing to do is to put your mask on... It's really not that hard. If you are outside in an open area feel free to take it off. I mean really you wonder why some Thais will refer to you as a dirty farang? What do you think they will think of your arrogant self centred ass when you behave that way. 

I just watched a YouTube video from a well known Texan expat vlogger returning to the US for a short trip. This arrogant prat flew on ANA to Japan before flying on to the US. In the airport in Bangkok and on the flight to Japan and in the Airport in Japan this idiot refused to wear his mask properly and was clearly rude to staff in Japan judging from his comments in the video about them being strict about masks there. Just who does this clown think he is?! It's people like him that are responsible for the terrible reputation of American tourists and expats around the world. It's called having manners people if you are on a plane or in a building in a foreign country where they ask you to wear a mask or all the locals wear mask put the damn thing on and stop being a rude arrogant idiot. 

I agree with you and as you said, it really isn't that hard at all

I was in Thailand for 6 weeks and wore my mask maybe 10% of the time

Always wore one indoors and if I was outside in a congested area

But if you really think about it.............those times aren't all that much if you are doing your holiday correctly........

• Like 2