News Forum - Corrupt Thai tourist cop and friend caught in police sting

Thaiger

A corrupt Thai tourist cop and his friend were arrested last night in a police sting after they swindled thousands of false operating taxes from entertainment venues in the central province of Nontha Buri. Officers from the Department of Provincial Administration Special Wisdom and Tactics, and Bang Yai Police Station, were alerted to the scam after receiving complaints from several entertainment venues, especially in the Bang Yau district, questioning the extra taxes. Police set a trap on Thursday night, asking businesses to mark the banknotes with a special symbol before handing over the cash to the crooked cop and his […]

The story Corrupt Thai tourist cop and friend caught in police sting as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 2

lol.. people yelling out “Shoot! Shoot!!”,  cops screaming and the bad guys made it into their cars. Another well executed sting operation from the Royal Thai Police Farce

• Like 2

"I would like to warn every entertainment venue that the police don’t have the policy to collect extra taxes or bribes from any kinds of businesses."

Err.. Im pretty sure this message hasn't got through to the phuket police yet! 

• Like 5

No doubt the officer will be moved to an inactive role until the matter has been fully investigated and the issue of failing to pass the correct percentage of the "operating taxes" up the chain of command has been resolved.

3 hours ago, Fanta said:

lol.. people yelling out “Shoot! Shoot!!”,  cops screaming and the bad guys made it into their cars. Another well executed sting operation from the Royal Thai Police Farce

I believe they were yelling Yud! not shoot

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wackamole said:

I believe they were yelling Yud! not shoot

Maybe a bit of both? at 30 seconds a lady is yelling “Ying Ying” (shoot, shoot) . 
My point is that was hardly a trouble free, smooth as clockwork demonstration of efficient police tactics. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Maybe a bit of both? at 30 seconds a lady is yelling “Ying Ying” (shoot, shoot) . 
My point is that was hardly a trouble free, smooth as clockwork demonstration of efficient police tactics. 

You're right about the yelling.

However why would you expect arresting criminals in the open to go smooth as clockwork

• Like 1

Just now, Wackamole said:

You're right about the yelling.

However why would you expect arresting criminals in the open to go smooth as clockwork

if I set up a sting with marked money, had cops waiting all over the place watching these 2 guys I wouldn’t let them get into their cars and start to drive away. 

7 hours ago, Malc-Thai said:

"I would like to warn every entertainment venue that the police don’t have the policy to collect extra taxes or bribes from any kinds of businesses."

Err.. Im pretty sure this message hasn't got through to the phuket police yet! 

Err.....Thong Lor....Suk....Silom....Ratchada.....ohh never mind too many to list. ( I don't want feelings hurt because I left someone out)....🤣😆

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, TSS said:

These guys should be reassigned to another district immediately and the (reported) 100K returned to the buisnesses 🙄

The 100k will be returned one drink at a time. 

"I would like to warn every entertainment venue that the police don’t have the policy to collect extra taxes or bribes from any kinds of businesses."

That's right ... extra bribes are unacceptable.   You have to draw the line somewhere. 

On 7/8/2022 at 12:11 PM, Thaiger said:

Officers from the Department of Provincial Administration Special Wisdom and Tactics

Why do they need special wisdom, is standard wisdom not sufficient?
Perhaps they have to meditate before work.

On 7/8/2022 at 12:11 PM, Thaiger said:

They didn’t get far, however, as a swarm of police surrounded them.

'a swarm of police'? It must bee something to do with the sting operation.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 1:36 PM, palooka said:

Collecting in the areas that are already paying and stepping on the wrong toes.

one brown envelope for boss...

• Like 1

Now that is the best joke I have ever seen in Thaiger, Bangkok Pattaya, Phuket, Hua Hin, Chiang Mai. You only have to sit in the bar at the right time to see the cops come round and collect the 'tea money'. I guess these were stepping on the toes of the 'official' collectors :)