News Forum - Thai officer caught on camera riding carelessly won’t be fined

Thaiger

A Thai police officer caught on camera riding a motorcycle as if he was drunk in the Isaan province of Chaiyaphum, won’t be prosecuted. The Chaiyaphum News Hunter Facebook page, คนล่าข่าวชัยภูมิ, posted a video of the police with a caption saying, “Locals sent this to me. Is it too dangerous, boss? This happened on the Bypass Road Mueng Chaiyaphum at 9am on July 3. Is he drunk?” The video shows the police officer riding slowly and unsteadily from the left to the right lane. The other cars look tentative of the policeman swaying from side to side. One pickup truck […]

The story Thai officer caught on camera riding carelessly won’t be fined as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This was the other day. But I told my family while we were eating dinner that they would say he was tired from work. If you saw the video he is more than just tired.

• Like 2

The superintendent added the officer had just finished his shift and was not drunk, just sleepy and there was no need for him to be prosecuted.

Of course that’s right he was tired. How can anyone think he being RTP would’ve been drunk. If it was me or you well we’d be drunk

Edited by Giltee
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Giltee said:

The superintendent added the officer had just finished his shift and was not drunk, just sleepy and there was no need for him to be prosecuted.

Of course that’s right he was tired. How can anyone think he being RTP would’ve been drunk. If it was me or you well we’d be drunk

Tired from doing what I wonder? They don't seem to do any 'work' as we humans know it.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Giltee said:

6 years ago in GA a guy left work tired and sleepy wound up in the wrong lane and hit me head on left me with a cracked sternum that still gives me problems 

• Like 1

Three questions:

1. If he was so tired after his shift wouldn't his superiors have a duty of care towards him and the general public to provide him safe transportation home.

2. If he caused an accident what is the likelihood of him being charged with carless driving. 

or 

3.  Would it be more likely that If he caused an accident the other person involved would be charged for causing the accident.

Please excuse my cynicism but I think No 3. would have been the most likely outcome.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, MikeW said:

6 years ago in GA a guy left work tired and sleepy wound up in the wrong lane and hit me head on left me with a cracked sternum that still gives me problems 

I’ve worked many many times through the night on call and trust me driving with extreme tiredness is way more dangerous than being drunk imo

• Like 1

Thats not a video from somebody who fall a sleep then you move slowly to one side or you shock little and correct then drive good for a wile then start again this guy is drunk 

According to the Lad Traffic Transport Act, drivers who drive recklessly and dangerously without paying attention to the safety of others could face a penalty of up to 3 months in jail, a fine from 2,000 to 10,000 baht, or both.

Drunk or not, he was definitely "driving recklessly and dangerously without paying attention to the safety of others"!

So why was there no need to prosecute???

Is this "Lad Traffic Transport Act" only applicable to Boys in Brown and we lesser mortals follow the Land Traffic Transport Act?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Loong said:

Drunk or not, he was definitely "driving recklessly and dangerously without paying attention to the safety of others"!

So why was there no need to prosecute???

Is this "Lad Traffic Transport Act" only applicable to Boys in Brown and we lesser mortals follow the Land Traffic Transport Act?

I suspect that you already know the answer to your question🤣🤣🤣