News Forum - Pattaya’s prisoners clean the city’s sewers to prevent flooding

Thaiger

Monsoon season brings floods to every region of Thailand year in and year out. This year, Pattaya’s prisoners are taking action to mitigate the flood risk. On Monday, inmates from Pattaya Remand Prison began the mammoth task of cleaning out the city’s clogged up sewers for the first time since before the pandemic began. Well-behaved inmates, alongside city hall sanitation staff and Pattaya Mayor Poramet Ngampichet, put on their rubber gloves and wellies, picked up their buckets and began to dredge the city’s sewers on Monday. Deputy Director-General of the Department of Corrections Narong Juisai presided over the opening ceremony […]

The story Pattaya’s prisoners clean the city’s sewers to prevent flooding as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

20 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

To be eligible to join the sewer squad, prisoners must have shown good behaviour during their time behind bars.

And a proven ability to take a lot of shit. Nice photoshoot of the cleanest sewer in Pattaya. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Prosaap said:

Maybe if they stop trow all there shit on the streets and put in a garbage bin it will help a lot also 

I agree about the rubbish being thrown everywhere without any consideration.
I rebuked a girl I was with once for throwing her rubbish on the ground and not in a nearby bin. She had an instant bullshit answer: She did it because it gave somebody work picking it up.

It's only when people start to think for themselves about the consequences of their actions will there be an opportunity for the country to become tidier and cleaner. A lot of it is pure laziness.
For such a nationalist brainwashed population through school, I would hope it might be easy to encourage them to throw their rubbish in a bin and not on the ground, by 'taking pride and keeping their country tidy'.

32 minutes ago, Skip said:

Oh no!  Here we go again... prisoners working... shameful

'prisoners working' - did you think most of them were faulty?

• Haha 1