News Forum - Pattaya karaoke bar closed after social media exposes sex services

Thaiger

Widespread prostitution may well be Thailand’s worst kept secret, with sex services being covertly offered in a variety of venues across the country such as bars, clubs, and massage shops. But a karaoke shop in Pattaya has temporarily shut down after social media post outed the well-known sex for sale secret. Though the official name of the venue was not released or named by local media, the karaoke bar had been operating for 10 years and was known locally as Nakata. It stands on the way into Bang Lamung on Sukhumvit Road, tucked behind a roadside petrol station. A recent […]

The story Pattaya karaoke bar closed after social media exposes sex services as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

this is a cruel joke ! 

Known secrets of thailand.

i bet if you stop this services, i expect thailand needs to back in ages !

As the foreign men why they visit thailand, you have the answer.

Sounds like locals just got tired of wannabe singers croaking shrill horrid noises in to the night like a drowning cat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Widespread prostitution may well be Thailand’s worst kept secret

Shurely shome mishtake? 

Decades ago the secretary to the office office prime minister Thaksin Shinawtra was Paveena Hongsakul.
She visited Pattaya on a fact-finding mission and confirmed that "she saw no evidence of prostitution in Pattaya". Those were her very words.

• Haha 3

Pattaya karaoke bar closed after social media exposes sex services

I am shocked! Who wanna have this services in that howling environment?

• Haha 1

And honestly:

The venues have been operating for years, but local residents complain that the seedy karaoke bar alleged to offer sex services is uncomfortably close to more wholesome venues like a local school, a Buddhist temple, and the Bang Lamung Police Station.

local school, Buddhist temple, are they busy at karaoke times? And the Station just around the corner? Easy for the "mailman". 

Now I get, why it needs social media: No action but assumingly protection from that station

I would gather that Thai are the ones who frequent these places in the majority. Nothing about soapy slides? Or are the squeaky clean!

7 minutes ago, vlad said:

Would appear someone refused to deliver the required Monthly Brown Envelope.

Or someone with influence bought a condo in nearby Lumpini CondoTown North.

36 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

And honestly:

The venues have been operating for years, but local residents complain that the seedy karaoke bar alleged to offer sex services is uncomfortably close to more wholesome venues like a local school, a Buddhist temple, and the Bang Lamung Police Station.

local school, Buddhist temple, are they busy at karaoke times? And the Station just around the corner? Easy for the "mailman". 

Now I get, why it needs social media: No action but assumingly protection from that station

Uncomfortably close to the Bang Lamung Police Station.... uncomfortable for whom exactly?

• Haha 1

I went in there to sing "If u cant be with the one you love--love the one you're with"....

then the cops showed up......dangit..  my tab was 25000 bt

Wait; are there bars in Thailand that DONT offer these services? 

This is the equivalent as to seeing a motorbike being ticketed for driving the wrong way down the road.   Sure there may be a law on the books but its not like anyone pays it any attention.  

14 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Widespread prostitution may well be Thailand’s worst kept secret, with sex services being covertly offered in a variety of venues across the country such as bars, clubs, and massage shops. But a karaoke shop in Pattaya has temporarily shut down after social media post outed the well-known sex for sale secret. Though the official name of the venue was not released or named by local media, the karaoke bar had been operating for 10 years and was known locally as Nakata. It stands on the way into Bang Lamung on Sukhumvit Road, tucked behind a roadside petrol station. A recent […]

The story Pattaya karaoke bar closed after social media exposes sex services as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

One has to suspect tat they ran out of tea money or someone wants to take stover.

I'm amazed at how many foreigners who have lived in Thailand for years still have no idea of te function of karaoke bars in Thailand - too busy looking in Farang girlie venues?

17 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Widespread prostitution may well be Thailand’s worst kept secret, with sex services being covertly offered in a variety of venues across the country such as bars, clubs, and massage shops.

Who could have guessed, outrageous!

Good job the authorities are informed at least about one such unlawful establishment.

Let's hope these immoral, illegal activities will be stamped out for good in the international family resort city Pattaya & surroundings.

• Haha 1