Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

BigHewer

Welcome one and all to another season of FPL and the 2nd edition of the Thaiger Talk league.

Last year, we had 15 players, including regular Thaiger Talk members and guests. In the end @Athleticorightfully won the league after a strong showing all through the season. 🏆 🏆 

Check out FPL here:

https://fantasy.premierleague.com

And if you’d like to join, the league code is: oaugya

Kick-off is still a month away, so plenty of time to tweak your game week 1 team. See you in the league!

(NB - if you are new to FPL, this game is administered off-site and you’ll need to enter a username. If you wish to maintain anonymity, just make one up: Donald Duck, Johnny Jones etc)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

All right folks, 23 members have signed up so far, which is a bit of a jump on last season. Still haven’t heard from:

@Poolie

@Lowseasonlover

@Athletico

@Slacker77

Looking through our new members, “Super Sicknotes” - based in Phuket by the looks of it - is quite the elite player and one to watch.

Dr. Evil and @Benroon’s InterMiNan will also be in the mix, I think.

Still 6 more days till kick off, additional players welcome.

8 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Come on The Seasiders! 👍

Blackpool? Would love to see them back in the EPL, with Holloway as boss🏖.

Are you in FPL, @Chaimai?

37 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Blackpool? Would love to see them back in the EPL, with Holloway as boss🏖.

Are you in FPL, @Chaimai?

Skegness Town actually.....🙂

I miss Ian Holloway....guaranteed to light a fire under any discussion.

I am in.......if I have done everything correctly. I quoted the league number so I hope so.

11 hours ago, Chaimai said:

Skegness Town actually.....🙂

I miss Ian Holloway....guaranteed to light a fire under any discussion.

I am in.......if I have done everything correctly. I quoted the league number so I hope so.

“I love Blackpool. We’re very similar. We both look better in the dark”. -IH 

Done. The Seasiders are in 🏖👍🏻⚽️ 
(of Skegness, not Blackpool 😁)

24 teams in the league now…

• Like 1

@BH,

I will sign up soon, just have changed mobile and have some trouble signing up all things there :)

But coming in this week some day 

1 hour ago, Slacker77 said:

@BH,

I will sign up soon, just have changed mobile and have some trouble signing up all things there :)

But coming in this week some day 

No probs and good to hear. Still a few days to go so no great rush 👍🏻

• Like 1

8 hours ago, testing22 said:

Just signed up!

Can the season just start already.  I've tinkered with my team at least a hundred times now 😂

Welcome aboard! 27 of us in now. 2 days to go, I can hardly wait either.

By the way... there were two sign ups last night. One a Liverpool supporter with a top 4% finish last season. Is that you? 🤔

I'm starting to get worried about all these elite players signing up. Now I know how ten Hag feels as a manager. "We ain't winning the league, but we might give the top 4 a shake". 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigHewer said:

By the way... there were two sign ups last night. One a Liverpool supporter with a top 4% finish last season. Is that you? 🤔

Not sure how to check top 4%, but I finished top 30kish.  

Haha, no need to be worried, I've made so many changes that i'm not even sure what i'm doing anymore.  

2 hours ago, BigHewer said:

I'm starting to get worried about all these elite players signing up. Now I know how ten Hag feels as a manager. "We ain't winning the league, but we might give the top 4 a shake".

Haha, they've looked good preseason.  But my bias won't allow me to bring any united players into my team 🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, testing22 said:

Not sure how to check top 4%, but I finished top 30kish.  

Actually, I miscalculated. You finished in the top 0.4% last season 😳(😫). Top 30Kish out of 9 million players. Amazing.

3 hours ago, testing22 said:

Haha, no need to be worried, I've made so many changes that i'm not even sure what i'm doing anymore.  

I’m worried despite your reassurances 🤣 Last time I got a 30K finish, Shearer and Lampard were still playing.

I think a strong defence might be the way to go this season, but I always go light at the back which is probably my downfall. 

No Man United players in my squad either.

The first game week in FPL is now done and one of our debutants - Will&Lily IX - is leading the way, after a fine score of 74. @testing22 showed that we all have something to worry about and is in 2nd spot. @spicy_girl, after occupying 6th spot all through last season, is there yet again after game week 1.

Salah did the business for most of the FPL managers, but Haaland looks an absolute beast of a striker. It may come down to who to choose as captain in many game weeks ahead.

Good luck everyone in Game Week 2 and if you're reading this @Willy&Lily IX, come and introduce yourself and let us meet the genius behind the method!

I think at this early stage just a bit of luck. Transfer panic already setting in as I think Nunez could be a serious contender for transfers in this week. Long way to go !!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BKKgolfer said:

I think at this early stage just a bit of luck. Transfer panic already setting in as I think Nunez could be a serious contender for transfers in this week. Long way to go !!!!

Welcome to the forum @BKKgolfer, glad to have you on board.

A bit of luck maybe, but nonetheless well done, brilliant first week. Agreed on Nunez, normally I might go in as well, but I think I’ll hold on to my front three for a while (Kane, Jesus, Haaland).

I swapped Dewsbury-Hall for Bailey 5 minutes before the deadline, which I’m obviously regretting 🤨.

Roll on, game week 2! ⚽

(By the way, based on your member name, here’s a Thaiger Talk quiz you might like to try: https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/9779-thaiger-talk-quiz-027-golf-in-thailand/#comment-135980 )

On 8/4/2022 at 3:58 PM, BigHewer said:

Actually, I miscalculated. You finished in the top 0.4% last season 😳(😫). Top 30Kish out of 9 million players. Amazing.

I’m worried despite your reassurances 🤣 Last time I got a 30K finish, Shearer and Lampard were still playing.

I think a strong defence might be the way to go this season, but I always go light at the back which is probably my downfall. 

No Man United players in my squad either.

Sorry, forgot to check the forum.  

Looks like a great call not having any united players LOL.  Not sure if we need to bring in Toney, or if United are just so bad that they made him look like prime Ronaldo haha.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, testing22 said:

Sorry, forgot to check the forum.  

Looks like a great call not having any united players LOL.  Not sure if we need to bring in Toney, or if United are just so bad that they made him look like prime Ronaldo haha.  

Agreed. I don’t think many managers will be drafting in Maguire or Shaw this game week either… Next up, they’re hosting Liverpool at Old Trafford. Corresponding fixture last season 0-5 🤣🤣🤣

Game week 2 is now finished, and we're unchanged at the top, with @BKKgolfer edging @testing22 by 9 points. Top score for the round was @Chaimai's brilliant 81, with the inspired picks of Henderson and De Bruyne the difference.

(Mystery member 'Mon the Hoops' also got 81. Are you reading this? Come and say hello on the forum ⚽)

Haaland won the battle of the captains, with Salah blanking yet again in Game Week 2 (6 out of last 7 seasons). After two goals and two assists in Game Week 2, could it be time for 'Captain Jesus' in Game Week 3. And who's going to be the top transfer out? Bailey? Neto? Darwin? 🟥 😆

Good luck everyone in Game Week 3!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Time for the Game Week 3 round up and we have a new leader at the top, mystery member “Saracens”. Well played! If you’re reading this, drop in and say hi 👋🏼 
 @BKKgolfer, @testing22and @Benroonall closely behind in the top 10 of our 32 team league.

A big shout out to @King Cotton, who got the highest score in game week 3 (69), will - amazingly - all 10 outfield players getting a haul of points. KC now up to 15th overall.

With Alexander-Arnold and Robertson blanking yet again, some big transfer decisions coming up ahead of GW4. Who’s going to make some moves?

Good luck everyone in Game Week 4!

Week 4 is now in the rearview mirror and fixture congestion is already an issue, with Game Week 5 less than a day away. We have a new leader at the top of the Thaiger Talk 2022/23 standings, with mystery member 'Novax Djokovic' top of the pops after four consistent scores anchored by Allan Saint-Maximin.

Player of the round was another mystery member, 'Common FC', who appears to be a Wolverhampton Wanderers fan based in Tanzania 🇹🇿. Very exotic competition we have here 😁. A fine score of 95, built on a Haaland captaincy and the wise selections of Van Dijk and Saliba as differentials.

I've just looked over our league and by my count, there are 9 'known' members and 24 'mystery members', including 'Dr. Evil', who loomed large in our league last year   ❓ ❓ ❓

Appeal to the mystery members: if you're reading this, come and sign up FREE for Thaiger Talk, weigh in on the FPL and check out the rest of the forum. We'd love to have you on board.   ⚽ ⚽ ⚽

Another Game Week done in Thaiger Talk's FPL and congratulations to 'Magic Bus', who topped the pops with a score of 68 and is now 2nd overall in the 33-team Thaiger Talk League. Magic Bus is a Liverpool supporter from Armenia 🇦🇲... again the mind boggles at the international group of players this game has attracted. 

Elsewhere,  'Saracens' still lead the competition, with other mystery members making up most of the top ten. @BKKgolfer is in third and @King Cotton continues to rocket up the ranks to 9th.

What's next? Sell or hold Salah? When will Haaland stop scoring? When will Son start scoring?

Good luck everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Game week 8 is now complete and plenty of moves and shakes in the 33-team Thaiger Talk league table. For once, the 'mystery members' didn't top the pops this week and in fact, the top three were all regular TT members, including a shock top scorer. Faith in Son Heung-Min was the common theme among the big scores this week.

(member, game week points, total points, overall league rank)

1. @BigHewer 82 points (448, #5)

2. @spicy_girl 81 points (404, #18)

3. @Slacker77 75 points (380, #25)

Mystery member 'Magic Bus' leads  the overall standings on 467 points, with @BKKgolfer not far behind on 462 points in 3rd spot overall.

This will be the last update until game week 16, as it seems most players are tracking the scores on the FPL site, rather than here. The next few weeks will be interesting as we head into wild card territory. Who's going to stick with Salah? 

Good luck, all. ⚽

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Game week 8 is now complete and plenty of moves and shakes in the 33-team Thaiger Talk league table. For once, the 'mystery members' didn't top the pops this week and in fact, the top three were all regular TT members, including a shock top scorer. Faith in Son Heung-Min was the common theme among the big scores this week.

(member, game week points, total points, overall league rank)

1. @BigHewer 82 points (448, #5)

2. @spicy_girl 81 points (404, #18)

3. @Slacker77 75 points (380, #25)

Mystery member 'Magic Bus' leads  the overall standings on 467 points, with @BKKgolfer not far behind on 462 points in 3rd spot overall.

This will be the last update until game week 16, as it seems most players are tracking the scores on the FPL site, rather than here. The next few weeks will be interesting as we head into wild card territory. Who's going to stick with Salah? 

Good luck, all. ⚽

Good summary Bh.

I haven't had any luck so far with my captains choose but finally son started to act brilliant imo,

Soon time for use the extra values

gl all

• Thanks 1