Wife wins case against police husband’s mistress, awarded 200,000 baht

Thaiger

She has been shamed by the whole country all throughout the media. This is worth more than the money that she must pay. A woman in the Central province of Chai Nat, has won a case against her husband’s mistress with Juvenile and Family Court ordering ordering the mistress to pay 200,000 baht in damages to the “rightful wife”. 33 year old Nipaparn, also known as “Joy” (as in, I’m overjoyed you have to pay me 200,000 baht) used her wedding certificate to prove she was the rightful wife to her husband, who is a police officer in the Chai […]

The post Wife wins case against police husband’s mistress, awarded 200,000 baht appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I am confused.

Was this a case of bigamy? If so is there no law against that in Thailand?

Anyway this is a JOYfull outcome. The mistaken mistress has to pay.

About time a woman has to pay another woman - it is usually the man has to pay the woman.

Some here might not know this, but in Sin City (Pattaya) a woman can go to places to hire a young Thai stud.

I did apply for a job at one place but they said I did not have a work permit.

I did not believe them. They are racists that is what I think!!

• Like 1

Such a different world - and I also agree with the outcome - about time women paid - rolling on the floor and laughing out loud.

Edited by King Cotton
Deletion of text in breach of Rule 15.

16 hours ago, TobyAndrews said:

I am confused.

Was this a case of bigamy? If so is there no law against that in Thailand?

Anyway this is a JOYfull outcome. The mistaken mistress has to pay.

About time a woman has to pay another woman - it is usually the man has to pay the woman.

Some here might not know this, but in Sin City (Pattaya) a woman can go to places to hire a young Thai stud.

I did apply for a job at one place but they said I did not have a work permit.

I did not believe them. They are racists that is what I think!!

A ‘wedding’ in Thailand is merely a ceremony involving monks and usually with a party for all the village afterwards. In the eyes of society they are considered to be married whereas in fact they are not.  For that they need to go to the local Ampur, state that they wish to marry. and obtain marriage certificates. There is no ceremony, the process takes about 15 minutes and costs about 200 baht. Most Thais never bother. I can well imagine that the legally married wife would have been outraged that his husband was conducting a wedding with his mia noi (mistress). Under Thai law the wife would be fully entitled to financial compensation from the mia noi.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leeshard said:

A ‘wedding’ in Thailand is merely a ceremony involving monks and usually with a party for all the village afterwards. In the eyes of society they are considered to be married whereas in fact they are not.  For that they need to go to the local Ampur, state that they wish to marry. and obtain marriage certificates. There is no ceremony, the process takes about 15 minutes and costs about 200 baht. Most Thais never bother. I can well imagine that the legally married wife would have been outraged that his husband was conducting a wedding with his mia noi (mistress). Under Thai law the wife would be fully entitled to financial compensation from the mia noi.

An excellent and interesting debut post . . . thanks for that!

Hello, Leeshard and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

Only in Thailand. While in many states in the US there are charges if a married person lives with another as husband and wife it is usually a misdemeanor and they really must flunt it to get the plice to file charges. Damages however? NO! But then again the USA is not a "face saving" country but you can sue for defaming someone!