Travel

Hello.
Two questions I hope you can help me with.
1) I was in Thailand last December and also April this year. I'm going again in August this year. Is it correct you can only enter Thailand two times in 12 months with exempt visa?
2) I will arrive in Thailand on the19th August.  My girlfriend and I want to go to Vietnam the same day for two days and then return to Thailand for the remainder of my stay. Would that be a problem? It would count as another entry to Thailand.
Any help would be appreciated.

6 hours ago, Joeb_55 said:

1) I was in Thailand last December and also April this year. I'm going again in August this year. Is it correct you can only enter Thailand two times in 12 months with exempt visa?

You can only enter VE via land two times in a year.
There is no written restriction on the number of VE entries by air. It's at the discretion of the Immigration officer to refuse entry if his suspicions are aroused.

6 hours ago, Joeb_55 said:

2) I will arrive in Thailand on the19th August.  My girlfriend and I want to go to Vietnam the same day for two days and then return to Thailand for the remainder of my stay. Would that be a problem? It would count as another entry to Thailand.

Bad idea in my opinion.
That would be your 4th VE entry in 8 months.
I'd book a hotel for one night, ensuring they file a TM30, then the following day obtain a re-entry permit from the local Immigration office to protect your permission of stay. That means you wouldn't be re-entering Thailand from Vietnam on a further new VE entry.

If your intention is to repeatedly enter Thailand VE multiple times, at some point you'll no doubt be questioned and told to obtain the appropriate Visa.

• Like 1