News Forum - Thai netizens go into meltdown over farmer using bathroom cleaner as fertilizer

Thaiger

Pictures of a Thai farmer using bathroom cleaner as a fertilizer in his rice fields have sent netizens into meltdown. Scientist, Parkpoom Dethhussadin, known as Mor Lap Panda, posted a screenshot of a Facebook post from an unidentified farmer spraying his crops with bathroom cleaner. The unidentified farmer captioned the post with, “It’s effective and cost-saving. I tried it with one plot, and it made a change.” As a consequence, social media in Thailand erupted with netizens fearing for their lives. Most Thai netizens said they were now too scared to eat rice and would probably quit. Others commented that […]

The story Thai netizens go into meltdown over farmer using bathroom cleaner as fertilizer as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

There's an organic farming system from Korea called JADAM that I wish would grow in popularity. It's extremely cost-effective.

• Like 1

No weevils in his rice 🤣 all joking aside it wouldn't surprise me if it where safer than the current ferts and pesticides farmers typically use. 

• Like 2

Young lady near us used it to kill an infection on one finger. Worked, but it dissolved her finger nail and a few layers of skin.

Neighbour does a lot of the spraying around the area and when changing products empties the left overs into his rice field.  Offers me new rice from the field every year but I respectfully decline, want to live few more years. 

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Pictures of a Thai farmer using bathroom cleaner as a fertilizer in his rice fields have sent netizens into meltdown

He probably thought he would get clean round the bend.
Kills 99% of household germs err, householders.

• Haha 1

Thai netizens said they were now too scared to eat rice and would probably quit.

Ill be a baht on that....

Yes better not buy rice from a market maybe choose a reliable supplier. thats my advice but its been a long time you cant trust the food industry

3 hours ago, Outsider said:

Meltdown initiated by Monsanto in retaliation  for Not buying and using one of their poisons instead ?

Was there  a sale on aluminum foil at the 7-11 and you were able to make  new conspiracy identifying hat?

9 hours ago, Vigo said:

Was there  a sale on aluminum foil at the 7-11 and you were able to make  new conspiracy identifying hat?

In your frantic attempt  to distract fact from fiction I have been unable to discern any relevant reference to a hat! But assuming  you have possibly some significant  financial interest in  Monsanto or are quite ignorant of the  damage that that company has inflicted on agricultural capacity despite claims to the contrary then you need educate yourself urgently ! I would suggest Monsanto  is not alone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Outsider said:

In your frantic attempt  to distract fact from fiction I have been unable to discern any relevant reference to a hat! But assuming  you have possibly some significant  financial interest in  Monsanto or are quite ignorant of the  damage that that company has inflicted on agricultural capacity despite claims to the contrary then you need educate yourself urgently ! I would suggest Monsanto  is not alone.

More nonsense. Monsanto no longer exists. It hasn't existed in Thailand for approx. 4 years. You intimated that "Monsanto" had a meltdown about their poison. It's a false and disparaging statement that you cannot substantiate. 

5 hours ago, Vigo said:

More nonsense. Monsanto no longer exists. It hasn't existed in Thailand for approx. 4 years. You intimated that "Monsanto" had a meltdown about their poison. It's a false and disparaging statement that you cannot substantiate. 

Aha! A name change  makes a difference? Baying about  Bayer then !

13 hours ago, Outsider said:

Aha! A name change  makes a difference? Baying about  Bayer then !

Bayer Agriculture has a different market strategy than the former Monsanto. Don't let the facts get in the way of your delusions, right?

10 hours ago, Vigo said:

Bayer Agriculture has a different market strategy than the former Monsanto. Don't let the facts get in the way of your delusions, right?

Perhaps you have a vested interest as justification for your aggressive attitude? Unfortunately Bayer bought into serious problems due to the legacies of Monsanto's activities.

https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/worst-deal-ever-bayer-s-market-cap-now-close-to-total-cost-it-paid-for-monsanto

https://media.bayer.com/baynews/baynews.nsf/id/Bayer-announces-agreements-to-resolve-major-legacy-Monsanto-litigation

Don't let facts detract  from your mindset , right?

13 hours ago, Outsider said:

Perhaps you have a vested interest as justification for your aggressive attitude? Unfortunately Bayer bought into serious problems due to the legacies of Monsanto's activities.

https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/worst-deal-ever-bayer-s-market-cap-now-close-to-total-cost-it-paid-for-monsanto

https://media.bayer.com/baynews/baynews.nsf/id/Bayer-announces-agreements-to-resolve-major-legacy-Monsanto-litigation

Don't let facts detract  from your mindset , right?

No vested interest. Ongoing litigation doesn't mean that a litigant is guilty (or not guilty). The litigation you refer to is USA based and has nothing to do with Thailand. 

I am not a supporter of Monsanto and do not use pesticides, or herbicides. However, I know that many of the allegations made by the public about Monsanto are unfounded. You have erroneously assumed that an allegation related to US activity that may or may not be credible, applies to Thailand.

The provided example of litigation in the US is over one of many well founded issues Monsanto left in it's tracks internationally. With regard to Thailand Bayer "persuaded" the Thai Govt. to reverse the proposed ban on the use of glysophate herbicide even while settling claims in the US.  In other agricultural arenas issues over GMO and GE have not provided an altogether positive outcome either. There is a host of historical problems under the umbrella of the name Monsanto. That you wish to  create argument over  what was intended as much as anything to be tongue in cheek  but related to some of these issues I will have to disappoint you other than to  refer to the plethora of such instances that  can rapidly be found on the internet. If Thailand is a priority the  following is quite revealing !

https://usrtk.org/pesticides/thailands-reversal-on-glyphosate-ban/